PDA

View Full Version : rub 1.43 campaign - no ships after 2 weeks at sea

fpg909
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I have noticed while playing the campaign mode in rub 1.43 that the contacts seems to drop dramatically after the first two weeks at sea.

In my current campaign right now I€m about 500 miles west of Ireland. I have been there about 4 days game time and have seen no air planes which I find rather odd being this near to England.

On the trip home from in previous patrol, I left from just off New York where I patrolled for 9 days and didn€t see any ships at all either there or on the way back running the known north patrol route.

I understand that weeks at sea with no contacts is to be expected while playing in the real mode, however I€m not sure that after a certain amount of time the module is not producing ships/planes to get involved with.

Anyone have information on this or Am I just not being patient enough?

fpg909
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I have noticed while playing the campaign mode in rub 1.43 that the contacts seems to drop dramatically after the first two weeks at sea.

In my current campaign right now I€m about 500 miles west of Ireland. I have been there about 4 days game time and have seen no air planes which I find rather odd being this near to England.

On the trip home from in previous patrol, I left from just off New York where I patrolled for 9 days and didn€t see any ships at all either there or on the way back running the known north patrol route.

I understand that weeks at sea with no contacts is to be expected while playing in the real mode, however I€m not sure that after a certain amount of time the module is not producing ships/planes to get involved with.

Anyone have information on this or Am I just not being patient enough?

vanjast
09-04-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't know whether land based 'huff-duff' is modelled in this game. If you're using your radio a lot, the huff-duff can pin-point your position and redirect ships and convoys away from you, plus send a nasty aircraft full of depth charges to say 'hello' ??
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

fpg909
09-04-2005, 01:24 PM
No I never use the radio much at all. No real point in it given the lack of modeling of normal BdU wireless radio traffic. I don€t think its working right, but I haven€t given up quite yet. I€m going to loiter around between Iceland and England for a couple of weeks. If i see neither aircraft or ships then I'll know something is wrong with it because its heavily traversed through there.

joeap
09-04-2005, 02:30 PM
BTW do a search for the "radiolog" mod that will help with the traffic. What year are you in? That could explain lack of air attack, early war was not too good. Sorry 4 days near England and 9 Days near New York are not enough...I count 2 weeks minimum myself.