PDA

View Full Version : Old dots too faint at 1024X768 for me - not resolution dependent!

ucanfly
11-25-2004, 10:17 AM
It seems that Hunde has Oleg's ear so I thought I would post a rebuttal:

In my system the old (pre3.01) dots were not very visible at 1024X768 resolution. Therefore for me it was NOT RESOLUTION DEPENDENT.

Please take this into account Oleg when you change the dots.

Anyone else with the same visibility problems with the old dots please back me up on this.

Hunde_3.JG51
11-25-2004, 01:51 PM
In rebuttal, it is resolution dependent for me. That is a fact so resolution does play a part for some (for most from what I have seen posted). I'm not saying it is the total picture but it does have a big effect for many. To be honest I am surprised that you had trouble spotting the dots at that resolution, maybe it is a hardware thing or settings dependent. I'm sure you have tried many things in the past to improve visibility, but it is always good to mess with the settings to see if it has an effect. Maybe post your system specs and detailed game/video settings and see if anyone else has this problem at the same resolution. Then look for commonality.

AnaK774
11-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Or u could try these...

Had no probs with seeing but have ATI card

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1001

LEXX_Luthor
11-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I'd say monitor resolution has much to say with the dots, new and old. However, I can drop to 1024x768 and still can't see or follow the dots against the ground even at 1.5km range (Ki~61 grafic "vanishes" into dot at 1.2km http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ). This may be what is troubling ucanfly, going to lower resolution does not help him/her...or me. The old dots are just too small for [estimate] 95% of FB/FP simmers.

One problem with the old single+pixel dots is that the aircraft went from aircraft grafic of many pixels directly to single dot of light grey. This is why all simmers have posted that the aircraft "vanish" when the aircraft goes from grafic to single pixel dot.

The old small dots are realistic for long ranges like 8km.

The new dots are realistic for medium range like 4km.

The problem with old dots is the entire range was represented with one (1) pixel for tiny dot even at medium 4km range. The problem with the new Default Patch 3.01 dots is they remain large even out long range like 8km range--this explains Heinz' thread about not being able to judge basic range from the new dots--the same size for all ranges out to long range. Of course the same argument applies to the old dots--single pixel size represent all ranges medium to long range.

Below is link how to get "new" dots at medium range and "old" dots at long range, with continuous change in between.

~> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=1751051542

WWMaxGunz
11-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh JOY! Back to disappearing planes while merging!

Thanks, who-f#@&ing ever!
No BnZ without Icons... coming up!
But HEY NOW, we don't want things to look UNREALISTIC.
Looks like I need to get that new videocard so I can get some driver trick to work
just so I can keep sight on a plane I can already see. Yes, realism.......

ucanfly
11-26-2004, 12:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
...However, I can drop to 1024x768 and still can't see or follow the dots against the ground even at 1.5km range (Ki~61 grafic "vanishes" into dot at 1.2km http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ). This may be what is troubling ucanfly, going to lower resolution does not help him/her...or me. ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct sir, lower resolution does not help me. Just for the record, Ucanfly is most definitely a Him. Thanks for replies guys, I hope Oleg does what is most realistic for all. IMO it would be truly be a crying shame if we go back to the old dots just the way they were.

WWMaxGunz
11-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Oleg is being convinced that resolution is not just one factor but only factor it seems.