PDA

View Full Version : P-47 D22

Ki_Rin
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
It appears that the P-47 D22 does not have the paddle prop the D27 has, yet the paddles were fitted to all P-47s after D21.
Has this ever been looked into, and is there any plans to correct this in any upcoming patches?

Ki_Rin
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
It appears that the P-47 D22 does not have the paddle prop the D27 has, yet the paddles were fitted to all P-47s after D21.
Has this ever been looked into, and is there any plans to correct this in any upcoming patches?

PaulCJ
04-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I think that something was said about the D22s sent to the USSR not being equipped with the paddle props, but don't go by me.

PzKpfw
04-24-2004, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaulCJ:
I think that something was said about the D22s sent to the USSR not being equipped with the paddle props, but don't go by me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D-22s delivered Lend lease had paddle props.

Regards, John Waters

---------
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

----
The one that gets you is the one that you'll never see.
-----

"After 44 we called the new models the 'bumps', because every new model had another bump or hump on the fuselage, which naturally was particularly bad for the flight characteristics of the aircraft."

Walter Krupinski.
-----

"The damn Jerries have stuck their heads in the meatgrinder, and I've got hold of the handle."

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. December 26, 1944.

------
"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.

VW-IceFire
04-24-2004, 05:57 PM
How can you tell (by visual identification)?

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

WhiskeyRiver
04-25-2004, 04:10 AM
In Gabby Gabreski's book he said that the D-10 had the paddle props also.

To kill me you've got to hit the heart Ramon--Clint Eastwood

TooCool_12f
04-25-2004, 08:44 AM
many P47's were retrofitted with paddle blades, but those sent to russia weren't necessarily upgraded the same way.

since the models modelled are those that were sent to russia, unless you have historical data showing that lend leased planes received those too, you have little (no) chance to be heard

Bull_dog_
04-25-2004, 09:03 AM
The only way to tell of the aircraft are modelled w/ paddle blade props are to look at performance... They drastically increased rate of climb at medium and low altitude and added a little speed...not sure how much though.

Can any of the "testers" state whether the D-22 or D-27 are faster or outclimb the D-10? I read in one of my many books that the paddle blade prop allowed the Jug to outclimb the Fw by a good margin, but certainly not the 109.

Aaron_GT
04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Are the planes missing the paddle prop, or
just the visual model of the paddle prop?
Since all climb rates are a bit off anyway
it is probably hard to judge apart from,
as Bull Dog says, some sort of comparative
test against the D10. If there are climb figures
for the D22 with and without paddle props and
the D10 doesn't have the paddle prop, then I
suppose it might be possible to do an estimate
of how much off the D10 climb rate is from
the official rates and use that to somehow
scale the D22 climb rate in game and then
compare against official figures?

VW-IceFire
04-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Someone set up a series of test considerations and we can all test them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"