PDA

View Full Version : AC2 100%completion help

Volf2010
01-09-2010, 02:29 PM
right now im at 97.6 percent done and idk what else i can do. i have gotten all feathers,viewpoints,glyphs,assasination contracts,races,courior and 100% completion on the villa as well.....i was wondering if treasures count as completion... also my races,assasination couriors and beat ups arent filled in with red but ive done them all.HELP

Pikapals
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I believe the treasures count towards your 100%. I'm not sure why the optional missions don't turn red when you beat them all though, I have the same problem.

caswallawn_2k7
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
you can only get 100% if you have all 3 special edition/pre-order maps, they have said these 3 maps will be released to all eventually but when they are released nobody knows.

as for the treasure chests they don't count towards the total.

Austin_Hero
01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
You have to have done the auditore family crypt.

Wournos
01-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
you can only get 100% if you have all 3 special edition/pre-order maps, they have said these 3 maps will be released to all eventually but when they are released nobody knows.

as for the treasure chests they don't count towards the total. In the AC specific forum everyone says end of January and February. It's supposedly DownLoadable Content.

My biggest concern is if this DLC will have to be paid for as I am not keen on spending 700 Swedish Kronor on an unfinished game and then have to pay more to get missing sequences. *Hint to Ubisoft!*

Jahchurch
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I totally agree, if u cant achieve 100% on a game that you already bought, and you have to pay extra money to achieve that 100%, then there is something wrong with this world

SONIC_BSB
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I complete only 98% of the game!!!! I cant find last 7 feathers!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Matt_156
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by SONIC_BSB:
I complete only 98% of the game!!!! I cant find last 7 feathers!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

try pausing it, going to your DNA strand, finding the specific cities/districts where you have feathers missing, then looking at a feather-map online?

caswallawn_2k7
01-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Wournos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

as for the treasure chests they don't count towards the total. In the AC specific forum everyone says end of January and February. It's supposedly DownLoadable Content.

My biggest concern is if this DLC will have to be paid for as I am not keen on spending 700 Swedish Kronor on an unfinished game and then have to pay more to get missing sequences. *Hint to Ubisoft!* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the special edition map's are not the 2 DLC's that are coming out in Jan and Feb.

Jahchurch
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I read a article that said they wanted to put up the two new dlc's up for free, but Microsoft was forcing them to pay to put it up, and therefore had to charge...if thats true, then why can they put up the extra maps from the black version up for free and not the dlc's?? unless they lied and just said that to pin it on Microsoft....if u want i'll look for the article, it was on ign.com if i recall

caswallawn_2k7
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Microsoft charge for every DLC and patch that is placed on Xbox live, look at the valve games, team fortress 2 for the 360 has none of the updates from the PC version as they are waiting to do it all in one go to save money, then you have left for dead with it's DLC's they were free on PC (through steam) but if you wanted the DLC's on the 360 you had to pay for them as Microsoft charges for putting content on it.

I think Sony also have fee's for putting things on PSN but have never seen any real documentation on it. but really Microsoft milks money out of every1 with xbox live, recently they had a falling out with the BBC in the UK as they were only going to allow BBC Iplayer to gold users despite BBC Iplayer being a free service due to licensing fee rules stopping the BBC from charging.

also they never said the 3 maps from the black edition would be free they just said they would be available to all eventually.

Jahchurch
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
right but u said the extra maps will be available for free, and in this forum i recall someone mentioning that in order to get 100% you need those maps....so how could they be free if microsoft charges....?

caswallawn_2k7
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
no1 has ever said the maps would be free just that they would be made available no pricing has ever been mentioned for them so any thing said on pricing means nothing until it comes from Ubi, as for the ability to release them free the data for the 3 map's is already on the game disc (no download needed) they just used a code that tied it self to your account allowing access to the maps, it's like the Uplay rewards they are all on the disc (apart from the wallpapers) so they only use a activation server (I believe it's the same one used by Uplay) so they don't really need to touch live/PSN as none of the codes given matched a xbox live or PSN marketplace code so they activated through a third party. (Uplay)

Jahchurch
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh ok that makes since, yeah now that u mention it, that makes alot of since, the content is already on the disk, so its kinda weird they just dont give u the code earlier on, i hope its soon cause i want to get 100% on it....

InfernalTyrant
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Microsoft charge for every DLC and patch that is placed on Xbox live...
Guitar Hero has lots of free DLC.

caswallawn_2k7
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Microsoft charge for every DLC and patch that is placed on Xbox live...
Guitar Hero has lots of free DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
doesn't mean they don't charge the firm, it just means the firm is willing to cover the cost, MS in a misguided attempt to improve the games on their console actually have quite a few production costs in place, for example there is a premium for each disc in a game making devs try to keep the number of discs to a minimum, there are fee's for releasing patches (to encourage better working game releases) and there are fee's for putting DLC on live, if you look at the XNA home dev kit for the 360 as an example you need to pay about 100 a year for the right to publish on Xbox live then about 10%(might be more) of all money made from sales goes into Microsoft's pockets to help cover fees, now if you imagine these large corporations/dev houses will generate a lot more downloads and generally a lot larger content so they will need more to cover the server space and bandwidth used since all of Live is ran from a central server farm.

there is documentation around (if you can find it) of all the fees MS imposes and all the limitations imposed by MS for arcade games, DLC's, achievements and the likes.

Jahchurch
01-13-2010, 07:31 AM
But yet Sony is willing to post it on their servers for free.....I find something wrong with that picture. My girlfriend already hates microsoft and all the corruption, but now since they are making her pay 9 bucks more to have a complete game...she's going haywire. And before you ask....yes 9 dollars doesnt sound like much...so why wont she be willing to pay, "Cause 9 dollars adds up, and i wont give them the pleasure of getting my money" is what she said.

caswallawn_2k7
01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
But yet Sony is willing to post it on their servers for free
if you want to stick with that comment you would need proof to back it up, the MS charges are well documented (also live is a closed network unlike PSN so all servers are ran internally at the cost of Microsoft) but chances are Sony has similar charges I know the dev kit for the PSP/PS3 mini's are quite expensive and have a fee applied to them per sale and to get the checks needed to list on PSN, so chances are Sony runs a similar system to Microsoft it's just not as well documented.

think of all online digital services like actual stores, they don't put things on their shelves for free, steam/PSN/Live/Direct2Drive and all other digital purchase system charge people to list items and for each one sold, how do you think these things stick around? they don't just do this with no plan to make money.

it's the same with game development by the time you pay off the publishers, shops and distribution the actual dev house can get under 50% of the actual sale price despite them having done the work to make the game. this is part of the reason there are very few independent dev houses now and they are mostly owned by the main publishers (Activision-Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft and a few others)