PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are mission objectives missing in PF??

denisd71
11-22-2004, 06:13 PM
I've played Il2 and FB/AEP off and on for a couple of years now. The mission objectives in the campaigns had much to be desired but at least they gave the objective in the briefing (ie: train or airfield or convoy etc etc).

PF mission briefing consists of a short "target at 288,128" but it gives no details.

Right now im doing the marine campaing and have my squadron of P51s on a ground attack mission with only the rough co-ordinates. I fly out there and see a factory, lots of trucks, flak and wharehouses.

I can't figure out what I am to destroy since the "bomb icon" is in the middle of a city.

Unfortunately I will have to redo this mission over several times (very long flight to the obj) and it's kind of getting aggravating.

Anyone else getting very very brief mission briefings with only the bomb icon and a rough co-ordinate? After all the flak they got for the Dgen and now i have to deal with guessing?

By the way I do love the game but this may put me off it for a while.

denisd71
11-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Wow! So I am the only one experiencing this issue?

I guess it's time to re-install.

So what do the rest of you get as mission briefings in PF??

Chuck_Older
11-23-2004, 09:02 AM
A Marine campaign flying the P-51? What version of PF are you playing? v3.0 or V3.01?

Are you sure you're flying a USMC campaign?

The objectives are like that because often the targets are obvious

Dioscur
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
I had the same problem once. I had to destroy tanks. But there were two formations close to the target.

I rarely follow the waypoints and was in the target area too early. I always attacked the wrong formation several times, because it was then the closest to the Objective-icon. Only when I let the AP fly I discovered that it was the other formation that was closer at that time. Mission successful.

I never got a P-51 in the USMC Campaign. Either P-39 or the P-47 in the last missions. I think I missed something.

Chuck_Older
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
If you are receiving P-Anything in a USMC campaign, then it's time to patch to v3.01, because they should fly F4Fs and F4Us

Tdavart
11-23-2004, 10:53 AM
The patch does need a patch. The DCampaign needs a LOT of work. Wrong aircraft assigned for Midway, Marianas, etc. I also noticed the lack of mission goals. It also appears to me that there is a lack of knowledge of the PTO. They may be experts on the Eastern front, but someone needs to step in to help in the Pacific.

mit311
11-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Some problems I encountered have been fixed with the 3.01 patch, like P-39's in USMC campaigns. However with the new patch I'm flying 1944 model B-25's in New Guinea 1942, and has ANYBODY noticed that there are ENGLISH battleships at Pearl Harbor on 7 Dec? At least last time I checked no US battleship EVER had four gun barrels in one turret. I hope they fix this soon, its pretty pathetic.

denisd71
11-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Ok well now i am completely confused.

People are saying this is a bug. But what I am not sure is what they are referring to.

Are the mission briefing bugged??

Are we supposed to get more information (like we did in AEP?) regarding our targets?

deltorro
11-23-2004, 02:53 PM
I don't think they're bugged, just vague....