PDA

View Full Version : Awards

U6969
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
After a patrol I seem to have several icons for awards but I seem to be able to only assign one award, then I am not able to assign another without a message popping up stating that I have to complete a patrol or other. So is this the way it is or am I doing something wrong??

GoldenEagle8
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
are you talking about the little qualification things? the things that look like little guns, and such? You are only allowed one for every patrol, as in when you complete a patrol, you get to pick one qualification for a petty officer.

tuddley3
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
If you use SH3 Commander, you can assign everyone a qualification, even the enlisted men. You can also award medals and give promotions as well.

U6969
12-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Just asking about the medals. I am using the out of box sim with no additional mods for now. I don't want to add complication just yet. Waiting for the new Grey Wolves, then I would like to try that.

Kaleun1961
12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
If you were to be stranded on a desert island with a solar powered PC [yuk yuk], SH3 and had room for one mod only, SH3 Commander would be the one. Well, it is not really a mod, but an enhancement all on its own. Even an unmodified installation of SH3 would be improved. Of course, the one true mod I would use is Grey Wolves.

I like to assign all of my crew members qualifications with SH3 Commander, as a visual sorting aid. Makes it easier when it comes time to swap out your watch or engine room and you like to use the same set of crew for those tasks.