PDA

View Full Version : Can't load Conviction

yerkamig
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
I can install it through steam perfectly. However, when I try to play it, the ubisoft loader starts, says the game is launching, the monitor goes blank for half a second, then back to the desktop I go. I found this video on the Steam forum. This is exactly the problem I'm having:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AD9WUWURE

I've already tried fooling around with drivers and closing background programs. No problems playing other ubisoft games like AC2 either.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 12:59 AM
same thing is happening to me. Got mine retail and i just about had it. Any help from Tech yet?

pro3211
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I have the same problem too. My computer specs matches the recommended requirements, and i reinstalled the game twice. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection or during the process of signing in.

I have the exact same problem as yerkamig.

Please Help

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Check out my other thread, we got a lot of others with the same issue, they narrowed it down to ATI Chip sets but i got word on another thread that Nvidia are having similar issues, maybe its just an isolated incident with the nvidia but its not a coincident with the ATI's.
Here is the link to the other thread and good luck with this mess.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1014258/m/6761013758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/6761013758)

Question did you
Update your vid card drivers yet? they are cranking them out fast.

Try to replace the Ubisoft game launcher? i have a link on the other thread.

Check your firewall settings? I know its a lame one but some people insist it works.

Did you get yours from steam or retail?
Steam released a patch for the game that resolves some issues with gameplay.

HaM.Striker835
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I have the same problem and I asked the customer support. Here is the answer (I am on a laptop with a geforce GTX 260M) :

Unfortunately, your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this game. You must have one of the supported video cards as well as meet all of the requirements listed on the bottom of the game's box or website before the game will run. There will not be a patch created to correct this problem; your system is simply not capable of running this game.

The supported video cards for Splinter Cell: Conviction 2 are:

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
ATI HD 3000 NOT supported at time of release.
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

The minimum system requirements are:

Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection

Looks like I just wasted around 60$

LegendaryPirate
05-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Use CCC 10.5 drivers.