PDA

View Full Version : Your fantasy sim?

longdog499
03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I am a fan of any good military simulation be it on land,sea or air but if I could have one custom made I would go for the American Civil War with the graphics of Rome Total War and a battlefield editor giving me total control of every aspect of the game.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I would simply update the graphics and AI of Red Baron 3D, and bring in some more aircraft. That would be my perfect simulation.

dagamecat
03-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure... I'd really like a realistic WW2 u-boat sim, to be honest. I think it's unlikely, though.

oscar0072004
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
You dare say that sh-3 is not realistic? If sh-3 at least doesnt come close to realistic , Then i dont know what else is!

Mittelwaechter
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I do like the simulation I'm living in. Not too much action and graphics are really cool.

dagamecat
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar0072004:
You dare say that sh-3 is not realistic? If sh-3 at least doesnt come close to realistic , Then i dont know what else is! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, it was just a joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KiwiVenge
03-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I am more into turn based strategy games, but one genre of sim-like games I loved was the whole Privateer/Freelancer thing. Not really a sim, but the idea of being able to make 'currency' to upgrade whatever it is that you use in said game really works for me.
That is a big part of what I like the looks of in SH3. The idea of a tech tree and being able to 'buy' officers etc.

Yarrick_
03-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe the perfect game for me wouldn't be a simulation... I'm sorry, guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Anyway, I belive it should be some kind of strategy game where you control a country's resources to fight for some kind of war, at a very detailed level, but I would prefer it taking place in a fantasy or science fiction universe, not being set in any historic fact, to make the game more free foucsed. Maybe you could call that a simulation, but I think that it doesn't respects the idea of a simulation.

I would choose this game for fun and for having lots of decisions to take and details to care of, but I also feel very interested in the idea of games that represent historical facts just as the one which speaks about longdog449, anyway did you try Sid Meyer's Gettysburg? I find the idea of being capable of taking part (only virtually) in history instead of just reading it in a book interesting.

blue_76
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
hmm a perfect sim.. well, to start off, it'll require the computing power of all the pcs around the globe in a single network.. there will be a cockpit inside a wind tunnel that can be replaced with ease according to the time period.. the windtunnel itself will feature a holographic projection in 3d all around, so that when i look back i would actually be seing the tail end of my aircraft etc.. the wind tunnel will recreate the wind in my face according to the speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the cockpit itself would be connected to hydrolical equipment that will simulate vibration, turning etc..

KiwiVenge
03-13-2005, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blue_76:
hmm a perfect sim.. well, to start off, it'll require the computing power of all the pcs around the globe in a single network.. there will be a cockpit inside a wind tunnel that can be replaced with ease according to the time period.. the windtunnel itself will feature a holographic projection in 3d all around, so that when i look back i would actually be seing the tail end of my aircraft etc.. the wind tunnel will recreate the wind in my face according to the speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the cockpit itself would be connected to hydrolical equipment that will simulate vibration, turning etc.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man, sign me up! I want one too!

Tomcat41
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
a highly advanced future version of world war II online.

also: a sort of remake of Star Wars: Rebellion... with improved strategic engine and also much improved battle engine, 3d insane graphics in the battles and improved command interface.

also maybe make it span greater time, possibly thousands of years including sith wars etc i donno

Muppetts
03-13-2005, 02:07 PM
I think many of us are alike in our sim dream.

I have become very disillusioned with the Sim Genre. Elite, Frontier, Silent Service II, + I loved Red Alert but the follow ups did not grab me, Civ III on PS I (but odd enough not on PC), Rome Total War (perhaps closest to my idea of a beginning to my perfect Sim).

Sorry I ramble. I will give you a recent daydream.

I have a Plasma 47Inch (107cm) Panasonic with a PC Plug in. BUUT not a great picture, anyway, dream is total immersion. Room Dark, only light above your Microsoft Blue Tooth Wireless mouse and Keyboard (Range). Big Perfect Picture on LCD/PLASMA/PROJECTION - 8.1 Speaker Surround, big *** base for the end note on that first enemy ping. All you can see is this screen and your attention is zero'd in on this destroyer coming down your throat and all the neighbours can here is ' Come On You Fker, Just a Littttleee Closer!'........

Sorry for grammer, a little Splished http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Copyoffline
03-13-2005, 02:23 PM
amazing how much tastes spread apart.

Anyway. My pefrect simulatioin does exist. Its the airbus a340 simulator at frankfurt airport where they train real pilots :-)

Dominicrigg
03-13-2005, 03:33 PM
My perfect sim would be "Doms Pop totty face off".

Where all the pop totty of the world have to fight for the right to spend quality time with me, (bit like joe millionaire but with pop tarts instead). Would have to be photo realistic graphics though.

Otherwise if you want something military i would go with beeryus and his ww1 flight game, that needs doing right since the last decent one i played was rowansofts flying corps. Or a tank sim like m1 tank platoon but with challenger tanks in it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif