PDA

View Full Version : help w/ mute

kildain
11-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I am lvl 34 and loving this game but struggling to get mute to do anything useful. I have tried to use it both offensively and defensely and I am still being attacked or stunned... whats the timing like? any tips??

GRADIO231
11-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I think the first mute you get only last like 2 seconds? So you have to act fast or double team someone with it. I never use it but I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 11:17 PM
As soon as you press the button activating the Mute ability you will see a patterned circle around you. Any player that is inside that circle will lose their ability to attack or use their own abilities. So you have to time it right to use it effectively against another player. I don't know how long the duration is. It should say in the menu where you select Abilities to use for each Profile.

To use it against a pursuer you'd have to see them coming and time it so they are affected before they reach you but not before they are close enough to assassinate you before it affects them. That will give you an opportunity to stun them while they are unable to do anything.

To use it offensively isn't really necessary unless you know who your target is and want to prevent them from stunning, but if you know who your target is then you can just kill them. No need to Mute them. If you do non't know who your target is and you kill an NPC then you lose the contract automatically and they can't stun you anymore anyway so it's kind of a useless thing to use offensively. It's mostly a defensive ability.

hayoye111
11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm trying to use mute as an ability, but it only last 1.5 seconds, and that's if you don't take into account the lag. Many times I had my pursuers kill me even if I had activated mute when they were within the ability's range. I mostly use it when I'm sure who my pursuer is, and even then only to make sure they can't counter my stun. It also has a moderate use against two pursuers at a time if done correctly. You stun the first one (well, if they can't counter it) and you activate mute so that the second opponent can't kill you. Either stun him or if he's too far for that, run away. So basically it gives you a small window of guaranteed safety. I often use it in combination with decoy.