PDA

View Full Version : Can't start the game in my resolution

MapleMerose
04-29-2010, 03:10 AM
ok, I play in a resolution of 1024x768,when I start the game up it says "cannot display video mode" I'm guessing I need to change my resolution but I can't seem to know how.

Thanks in advance!

KingDaniel0
04-29-2010, 03:37 AM
---------------------------------------------------------

Did you change the resolution at the in-game Video Options ? Don't select those values, which your Monitor doesn't support. Click on DEFAULT first. Doing this will reset all the in-game settings. After that choose the resolution you want. Also give this a read:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...4105331/m/9741072758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/9741072758)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MapleMerose
04-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, but the problem here is that I can't even access the game properly, as whenever I try to start up the game, my screen goes black and my monitor displays a message saying "out of range". This usually happens because the default resolution of the game is too high for my monitor. I need to somehow change the resolution either in game or by an alternate method, but right now, I can't change it in game as I can't see anything but hear sounds.

Oh and my graphics card is a Nvidia GTS 250

KingDaniel0
04-29-2010, 04:09 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------

I know you can't access the Game Menu properly, but have you first tried 'deleting/editing' the Config(.ini) file, which stores all the Game settings ? Doing this should reset the game settings to DEFAULT.

You can read the links, which I've posted above.

--------------------------------------------------------------

MapleMerose
04-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks, it worked. I had to go to the ini file like you said and edit the resolution. The first time I did it, it didn't work because i didn't notice there were two columns in which I have to edit it in. But anywho, it works now and the game is perfect. Thanks again!