PDA

View Full Version : joystick calibration

yasufumk
01-08-2005, 01:08 PM
anyone else having problem with
calibrating Logitech (Extreme 3D Pro) joystick?
Yaw(Z axis)only to the left.

R_Target
01-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I had nothing but problems with that stick. Logitech replaced it three times. After that, I gave up. It's a good stick...for a month or so. Then the pots start dieing.

DarkCanuck420
01-08-2005, 05:15 PM
ive had some problems with it. it is inconsistant. get the program called dxtweak2 from logitech, you should be able to fix it with that.
================================================

FoolTrottel
01-08-2005, 05:36 PM
I've never experienced problems with that model...
Never owned one ....
But I did own the Logitech Wingman, and the Logitech Wingman Attack and the Logitech (..)
No problem as long as you keep replacing them !

R_Target
01-08-2005, 06:17 PM
One tip I picked up is to spray a little WD-40 into the pots when they start sticking. I got one to last four months that way.

Siwarrior
01-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I have problems with my Logitech Wingman Attack 2, i have to calibrate it each time i play becuase for some reason after a while i lose right roll and pitch.

DarkCanuck420
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
I thought they were supposed to be good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

UKPsycho
01-09-2005, 06:43 AM
My current stick (wingman force 3d [FFB]) has lasted me about 18 months. Previous 2 (same models as above) about a year a piece. I tend to get issues with the rudder control (flicking while centering or not centering at all) but I downloaded logitechs latest software, recalibrated and everything is fine (touch wood). Thats the only reason this one has lasted so long, my other sticks suffered with the same issue! Unfortunately, I cant find anything else I like. I now cant move away from the force feedback side of things. I would like a HOTAS though and a pair of Simped pedals. They would go nicely with my newly acquired TrackIr 3 pro (which is sitting at my local royal mail depot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ). Im getting into this sim far too much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Fliger747
01-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I just started using my "old" MS FFB2 again, WITH my X45 and CH pedals. A real forest of cables, but works well together, and the prop control is now mapped to the power slider on the MS FFB2. Haven't found a use for the second joystick handel, but am sure there is one....

NORAD_Zooly10
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
i have just invested in a new stick (Saitek cyborg evo force, nice stick btw), it seems i have a Logitech wingman force 3d gathering dust (not before time, i never really did like the 'feel' of it.
anyway if anyone is interested in a 2nd hand stick they are welcome to it, you pay the p&p though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
~S~
Zooly

trumper
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_Target:
One tip I picked up is to spray a little WD-40 into the pots when they start sticking. I got one to last four months that way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But is'nt it covered under a 12 month warranty,4 months is ridiculous http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

R_Target
01-09-2005, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But is'nt it covered under a 12 month warranty,4 months is ridiculous <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one that lasted the longest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I recently picked up a Thrustmaster Fox2 Pro USB. It's not bad for a cheap stick, & holds calibration well. I didn't like the feel of the Saitek EVO too much.

Fliger747
01-10-2005, 03:08 AM
I carry the 3Dpro on the 'road' and have had problems with the calibration, as described. Un-plugging and re-plugging seems to solve the problem. Irritating.....

killer2359
01-11-2005, 04:54 AM
I can just about guarantee anyone who thinks their Logitech 3D has failed mechanically in fact actually have some sort of driver issue.

Some weeks ago I disabled the Logitech profiler and next day uh-oh it was flicking off axis and had constant bias to the left which nothing seemed to fix. I was actually online about to order another joystick when it occurred to me to reactivate the profiler - immediately everything came good and has stayed that way ever since - it's a terrific joystick. I think the profiler is critical to the drivers working right.

Some people have reported that activating the Profiler only worked for a while or until next reboot - IMO those cases are due to their systems knocking Profiler out or not restarting it on bootup.

R_Target
01-11-2005, 06:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killer2359:
I can just about guarantee anyone who thinks their Logitech 3D has failed mechanically in fact actually have some sort of driver issue.

Some weeks ago I disabled the Logitech profiler and next day uh-oh it was flicking off axis and had constant bias to the left which nothing seemed to fix. I was actually online about to order another joystick when it occurred to me to reactivate the profiler - immediately everything came good and has stayed that way ever since - it's a terrific joystick. I think the profiler is critical to the drivers working right.

Some people have reported that activating the Profiler only worked for a while or until next reboot - IMO those cases are due to their systems knocking Profiler out or not restarting it on bootup. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had been through all of that numerous times with the Profiler and the clear calibration utility. The problem was all hardware.

deputy1
01-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I guess I must be lucky I have a Logiteck Ex 3D pro and have been using it hard for months with no problems. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Yskonyn23
01-13-2005, 08:14 AM
I have no problems either, even when I got it from my dusty attic again after being stored in the hangar for almost over a year.
The handle (rudder) has always been way too sensitive and I never bind any commands to it. For rudder I have my CH Pedals.
Otherwise no problems ever with the stick.. a little jumpy maybe, but that's easily fixed with lower sensitivity settings in PF/IL-2.

Before this one I had a Wingman Extreme Digital which served me right during the days of F-22 ADF and the likes... I think these things are quite good and sturdy sticks for a nice price.

DarkCanuck420
01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I was having problems with it jerking and rolling right. i went to the logitec website and downloaded "logitec gaming software" and everything works fine now.
================================================== ==============================================

DuxCorvan
01-13-2005, 09:14 AM
I'll tell you. I have one.

FFB effects: a glory.

Twisting axis: ****.

Mine just worked a few weeks. Now I can't use it to yaw, it just works one side, and jerky.

I disabled that axis, and use the keyboard.

It's not necessary to say, I can hardly take off due to the torque forces, and my inability to control input rudder with keyboard.

NL_snake_eye_NL
01-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi all

I only had logitech joysticks and never had any problem only with the force feedback stick I hated it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif i had strange forces, the stick sometimes slammed to the left or right in a normal straigton flight

I currently fly with a logitech wingman extreme and got the peddals of my logittech formula 1 racingwheel assigned as rudder.

I had tryed a microsoft joystick @ the store but I had the feeling I would squeeze it in a good dogfight, so no microsoft for me. but maybe i wil try a saitech cause it looks also a goodstick. but am looking for a throttle quadrant and real rudderpeddals. does anyone got a suggestion?

greetz snake eye

WB_Outlaw
01-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Joystick pots can be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner. It comes in a spray can with a nozzle like WD-40. I do that at least once a year on my Cougar. Unfortunately some contact cleaners are quite corrosive so it's a good idea to remove the pots completely from the stick. This may involve desoldering the leads. Make sure you note which wire goes to which pin on the pots.

-Outlaw.

DarkCanuck420
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarkCanuck420:
I was having problems with it jerking and rolling right. i went to the logitec website and downloaded "logitec gaming software" and everything works fine now.
================================================== ============================================== <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind back to the same garbage! keeps jerking and rolling right. ive only used it for ~ a month. before this i had a joystick that was ten years old and still worked!!! i decied to get a new computer and well a joystick that old doesnt use the same connections. long story short they dont make Anything like they used to. if they think we will be keep comming back to the same company well they know where to stick it. pun intended.