PDA

View Full Version : How do I alter the conf.ini file?

Sturmvogel66
10-19-2004, 12:33 PM
My system can take the stress as I have it at 1600x1200 and at perfect, but how do I alter the conf.ini file so that it looks better?

Sturmvogel66
10-19-2004, 12:33 PM
My system can take the stress as I have it at 1600x1200 and at perfect, but how do I alter the conf.ini file so that it looks better?

Weather_Man
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
The readme should have some options listed for you. I can't speak for PF, but FB has some lines you can change or add at the bottom. Water=0,1,2; Forest=1,2,3. Higher number being better.

Again, check the readme for details.

Sturmvogel66
10-19-2004, 12:43 PM
There are more than just one "forest" and "sky", there is one water at the bottom of the file, I want to know which ones are the ones I can alter, and what the highest number for each one is? Thanks for the help.

Weather_Man
10-19-2004, 12:58 PM
There are options for either [Render_DirectX] or [Render_OpenGL] change the one you're using the in the game, or both. Water=X only applies for Perfect Mode, thus OpenGL only.

Water=2 is best
Forest=3 is best
Sky=2 is best

There are a bunch of other lines you can add relating to campaign difficulty, length, ground objects, AI levels, humans manning ship guns, etc. Some of these should be in the readme, but all of them may not be there. I don't have them in front of me to tell you.

Edit: I just saw that PF has an option for Water=3 for the Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia 6800 cards).

Yskonyn23
10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Weather_Man, from your post I understand that a Perfect setting can only be achieved by using the OpenGL render engine, is that correct?

But what if you're using a NVidia chipset videocard? Those are DirectX specialized cards, so I would say that DirectX gives better results?
Can you (or someone else maybe) fill me in on what's the best renderer to use with a GF4 Ti4200? And what renderer gives the best quality graphics (seperate from framerates)?

Thanks!

Fennec_P
10-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Probably OGL. On my Ti4400, OGL gives about 20% beter frames than D3D. Also, D3D has graphical glitches, like low altitude planes flickering against the ground, and broken specular highlights on the planes.

My understanding is that the game is actually just OGL, but uses a D3D wrapper for cards that need it.

Try them both to find out.