1. none of the F keys will work F1 etc.

2. My gear will not operate

3. when trying to work in the control minue
it looks like you can drag and drop, cant
figure that out either.

4. is it possible to view your plane to see that
tail hook, gear etc. are deployed?

Guys I am full of questions, just get this
on the 10th, working my butt off trying to fly it. Just knocking holes in the deck when attemping to land. HELP THANKS

Regards

oldfunflyer
02-18-2005, 12:04 PM
1. none of the F keys will work F1 etc.

3. when trying to work in the control minue
it looks like you can drag and drop, cant
figure that out either.

4. is it possible to view your plane to see that
tail hook, gear etc. are deployed?

Guys I am full of questions, just get this
on the 10th, working my butt off trying to fly it. Just knocking holes in the deck when attemping to land. HELP THANKS

Regards

Flakenstien
02-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Really not much info to work from but I'll try to help you out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

1: Does the keyboard your using have a "F Lock" key? if so you would need to push it (same as you would for Num lock and Caps lock) in order to activate your "F" keys

2)Which aircraft are you refering to, all of them or just a couple?
Some aircraft in WWII used a manual landing gear which means you raises and lower it manually, this is a key you must assign for it.

3)you mean the control setup in the Sim? if so place your mouse on the right of whatever function you are trying to assign a key to, left click and enter your key assignment

4)Yes you would do this with one of the "external view" commands by default "F2".
The Voice Activated Control program is awesome!!! you may want to try this out for your key commands, saves a lot of headaches especially in battle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://mysite.verizon.net/res19wz2/VAC/index.htm

It will take some time getting used to flying this sim, I have for a few months now and am learning something new on a daily basis.
A bit differant than flying in FS9 LOL!!

Gato__Loco
02-18-2005, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also some planes have fixed gears! They do not move.

Hoatee
02-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Some planes have manual gear operation. That means you have to repeatedly tap the key assigned to it in order to be able to raise/lower the gears. I'm not sure if it assigned a key by default but you can always have a peek in the con trols section.

As for which planes, you need a knowledge of history for that. Take a look down in the cockpit as the gears are raised/lowered, by the way.

Iron_Hand1
02-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't know if this applies to you, but a friend of mine has a newer computer with a "internet" keyboard AKA a programable keyboard and he has the same kind of problems. If you have one of those it may be the cause.
Good luck finding and fixing the problems.