PDA

View Full Version : please make it challenging

gibbo3000
05-16-2006, 12:16 AM
i love splinter cell so don't get me wrong.

but what i can't stand is that there are very few situations where you cant pass the mission without using stealth. the same with hitman as well.

there are never more than two or so guards on splinter cell and you can take them out so easily that using stealth eventually gets frustrating cos you know that you can just shoot them and move on.

and on hitman i did the hotel mission and i stayed in my room and pretended i was a guest for hours and passed the mission but it took me over 5hours. then i tried it again and did it in 10 minutes all guns blazing.

so i want a game where stealth is the easiest and best way to do the mision which usually means alot of guards and a lot of planning required.

gibbo3000
05-16-2006, 12:16 AM

but what i can't stand is that there are very few situations where you cant pass the mission without using stealth. the same with hitman as well.

there are never more than two or so guards on splinter cell and you can take them out so easily that using stealth eventually gets frustrating cos you know that you can just shoot them and move on.

and on hitman i did the hotel mission and i stayed in my room and pretended i was a guest for hours and passed the mission but it took me over 5hours. then i tried it again and did it in 10 minutes all guns blazing.

so i want a game where stealth is the easiest and best way to do the mision which usually means alot of guards and a lot of planning required.

HorTyS
05-17-2006, 01:26 AM
well they've (the developers) said that the combat very much based in reality, so 3-4 sword slashes at the most is all you'd beable to withstand, therefore getting into fights would be VERY difficult. Also, another reason splinter cell and hitman were able to be done without stealth is because you have guns and the ability to take enemies out from a long distance.

Assassin's Creed is (apparently) set in mideval times, so from what i've read, your limited to a crossbow and some throwing knives. another reason i think Assassin's Creed won't suffer the same problem the other games did is because i think most of the assassinations are set in very public places, so doing alot of suspicious activity will arouse the guards. much of the gameplay is based on 3 different activities:

- Approach - this is where you track your target, probably mostly through crowded areas

- Assassination - killing your target, this will probably always get a group of guards to chase you, and it would probably be to hard with the realistic combat system to take them all on.

- Escape - running away, using your agility to your advantage and blending in with the crowd using the "social stealth" system are the keys to a good escape.

i think that the whole new take on stealth and the midevil setting will really eleviate all the problems the other games you mentioned had...

maddog111
12-31-2007, 07:53 AM
this post is old o.o

Haxixexaxin
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gibbo3000:

so i want a game where stealth is the easiest and best way to do the mision which usually means alot of guards and a lot of planning required. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i think that in stealth also includes the words shooting, as long as you do it quietly, its stealth right? Two headshots, either on Splinter Cell or Hitman ( i have both games, and also Assassins Creed ), quiet shots, its stealth for me.
And in Assassins, you can do it quietly, if you dont like fights, use parkour and hide quickly

the_assassin_07
01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this post is old o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't bump threads from a year ago.