PDA

View Full Version : Saladin side quest

TehBeeJ
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure how much truth there is in this but..

During the third crusades, saladin was very cocky after having survived several assassination attempts and claimed he couldnt be killed. but one night an assassin or group of assassins were sent into his tent and stuck a knife in an apple and set it on his bedside table just so he knew they could kill him at any time.

again im not sure how much or how little true that is but i just think it would be very cool if that was one of the 'non-killing' quests

lakersman24
04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
dude that sounds so pimp. except i would love to kill that cocky bastard.

p0intblank763
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
that would be a pretty fun quest

rubent1981
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
i like the idea. he would/should be scared to death http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Wanted_David
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
that would scare anyone to death...at least it would cause severe psychological issues...lol

quicksilver_502
04-05-2007, 03:46 AM
although just to make sure he got the message i'd kill his servant/guard then use his blood to daub the message watch out on the wall. not subtle but definitly a shock.

FableB
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by lakersman24:

Watch your mouth.

noobfun
04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TehBeeJ:
I'm not sure how much truth there is in this but..

During the third crusades, saladin was very cocky after having survived several assassination attempts and claimed he couldnt be killed. but one night an assassin or group of assassins were sent into his tent and stuck a knife in an apple and set it on his bedside table just so he knew they could kill him at any time.

again im not sure how much or how little true that is but i just think it would be very cool if that was one of the 'non-killing' quests

it was said to be sinan who left him a note saying "we are in your power" and a poisoned cake, rearranged a bit of furniture then wondered out, saladin woke as he was leaving and called his guards, they saw no-one on the way to the tent

this was when saladin besige'd kapf one of the assassin strong holds in syria and was in the 1180's before the game is set

Originally posted by lakersman24:

and that cocky bas$*rd as you put it, kicked the crusaders out of the holy land once, he was a great general who used european stupidity to weaken them time and time again to crush the enemy. maybe he could have done it again if the death toll on both sides at arsuf wasnt enough to convince richard and saladin to make a truce ending the third crusade

he also showed ALOT more respect and kindness to his enemy then the europeans ever showed the muslim world so ...... learn some history and be quiet

knife_X
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Rather put a horse head in hes bed!!!!

SpyderNynja
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by knife_X:
Rather put a horse head in hes bed!!!!

old school Godfather for ya http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TehBeeJ
04-05-2007, 08:21 PM
wether it happened or not i would love to do that

sladevi
04-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Aside from possible historical inaccuracies, that does sound like a very fun mission. I hope the devs are reading these forums if they didn't think of that themselves.

assassin1994
04-11-2007, 05:29 AM
or you could just kill the saladin cos ya dont like him and say to ya boss that ya slipped lol

noobfun
04-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by assassin1994:
or you could just kill the saladin cos ya dont like him and say to ya boss that ya slipped lol

well ya could but the nizari had a loose alliance with saladin, a kinda dont attack us we wont attack you.

you kill him his armies flatten your castles ....

Anders-von
04-15-2007, 08:12 PM
that could be a mission the website says on it

You are an elite Assassin sent to stop the hostilities by suppressing the powers on both the Crusader and Saracen sides.
so saladin could be a main quest

Boromir323
04-16-2007, 02:45 PM
i like it that would be cool, but i thought they left him a poisoned cake?

cudbug
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
does it really matter what kind of dangerous food item they left him? point is they could have killed him but they didn't.

Spblob
04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
If that were to be included I would like to be able to have desiscions such as: You kill him and you [blank_ect.] happends, but if you leave him a "message" then [blank_ect.] happends. I would also hope that that descision would make a few twists and turns here and their (and minor things such as a simple conversasion in the room where your victim is going to be).

Boromir323
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
well if you killed him it would kind of completely screw up history and Ubisoft would have to like rewrite it...and they seemed intent on keeping the historical details right

noobfun
04-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Spblob:
If that were to be included I would like to be able to have desiscions such as: You kill him and you [blank_ect.] happends, but if you leave him a "message" then [blank_ect.] happends. I would also hope that that descision would make a few twists and turns here and their (and minor things such as a simple conversasion in the room where your victim is going to be).

well they said the 9 main targets are people who died in 1191 just they way they died had been changed to fit the game, e.g. dysentry, old age, the plague, getting hacked to piece in a battle now becomes assassination

and as saladin lived until 1192/1194 depending on the sources you use, you dont get to stab him or leave him presents or tasty treats,he's your ally ... it kinda breaks an alliance if you try to kill him

quicksilver_502
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
he's only your ally once the hashashin leave there message. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

noobfun
04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by quicksilver_502:
he's only your ally once the hashashin leave there message. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

yeah but they left the message in 118x think it was around 84 maybe a year or few earlier

he was a great general and educated man ... cant see it taking 10 years to read a 4 word note lol