PDA

View Full Version : Deuce EX 3

soron
10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
This game looks like it will be nothing short of awesome. I wish I had a gaming computer...

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/04/deus-ex-3-gets...etails-from-pc-zone/ (http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/04/deus-ex-3-gets-plot-details-from-pc-zone/)

quillan
10-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I do have a gaming computer, and I am looking forward to it, but with guarded enthusiasm. The original Deus Ex was, in my opinion, the best computer game ever made. The sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, would have been considered a good game if it didn't have to live up to the expectations of the first. Compared to the original, it wasn't that good. I'm afraid that DX 3 is going to be more of the same.

soron
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah Deus Ex 1 was really good. I still play it some times. I have it on my laptop.

Angel Fire
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by quillan:
I do have a gaming computer, and I am looking forward to it, but with guarded enthusiasm. The original Deus Ex was, in my opinion, the best computer game ever made. The sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, would have been considered a good game if it didn't have to live up to the expectations of the first. Compared to the original, it wasn't that good. I'm afraid that DX 3 is going to be more of the same.

One of my favorites. 3 would have to be one awesome game to come anywhere close to the first. But dang looks like a PC game and I know my dinosaur of a machine will not handle it.

Jason-Bourne223
10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Deus Ex 3 Info (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/06/pc-zone-deus-ex-3-confirmed-as-prequel-blessed-by-original-cre/)

After reading the information from the link above, I'm really ticked off.

quillan
10-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Try the official Eidos forums. Some of that stuff is misleading, while some of it is accurate, and the usual suspects seem to have mixed feelings about it. The general consensus seems to be they like the prequel idea, hate the LOS-based stealth idea, and are worried about the amount of RPG material in it as well as the regenerating health idea.

Jason-Bourne223
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, the regenerating health was one of my biggest problems with what we know about it so far, as well as the cover system. (Way overused feature in games these days)

Angel Fire
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Sounds like I won't have to worry about a new PC. This game will self destruct before we know it.

ox Se7eN xo
11-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Deuce Ex 3?

never heard of it

i've heard of "Deus Ex 3" though (pronounced "day-us" sorry, i hate it when people spell stuff wrong!)

yeah looks really good, cant wait! loved the first one and the second one was pretty awesome too

Angel Fire
11-02-2008, 06:31 AM
What do you mean the second was awesome - I hated it and believe you me you could force it to end the way you wanted to. For me it was a HUGE LET DOWN FROM THE FIRST. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
I would rather see them come out with Deus Ex for the 360 than something new that could rune the game forever. Sorry but that is the way I feel on this game.

OH BY THE WAY S7N (or should I say Taste like Chicken) good to see you as always

quillan
11-02-2008, 08:31 AM
The second one was a good game. It wasn't a really good game, much less a great game, but it was a good game. If it wasn't a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, it would have been reviewed as such. Unfortunately, it was a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, and had the standards of the predecessor to live up to. Fallout 3 is going through the same thing right now, but I feel the developers did a much better job with it than Ion Storm did with Invisible War.

Angel Fire
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Well I did start to play Fallout 3.
First I am tired of brown. Every thing is in shades of mud. From dark to light. Talk talk and when your done talk some more. I know this was the case with Oblivion but I loved that game. Fallout seems more child like than anything else. Story might be good but I also understand that if you follow to close the the story line you could end your game long before you get all the side stuff done thus on 360 you can't get all the achievements. I know some gamers don't give a hoot but there are those who do.

So as far as this new Deus Ex 3 goes - at this time I will pass until the game is out and the raves are all top notch.

ox Se7eN xo
11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Angel Fire:
OH BY THE WAY S7N (or should I say Taste like Chicken) good to see you as always

yes, its been a long time since i posted on here!

back to the subject, dont get me wrong, Deus Ex 2 wasnt a good game, it could've been done so much better and was heavily dummed down for the Console generation

but it was still enjoyable and did a good job of telling the story

cant wait for numero trois though