PDA

View Full Version : Tombs/puzzle levels in Brotherhood....

AnthonyA85
09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Or what ever they're suppose to be, since we know they're going to be making a comeback (shudders).

Who else is dreading that they'll be timed? Like the last three tombs in AC2 were? (4 if you include the Auditore tomb)

Personally, I hope they won't be. Would you prefer the tombs/puzzle levels in Brotherhood be timed, like the last 3 tombs in AC2?

Murcuseo
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Personally I didn't think the Tombs were challenging enough, I started a thread a while back listing some ideas and expectations for Tombs in AC:B but it fell into the abyss of the latter pages.

PhiIs1618033
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
The tombs in AC2 were hard the first time around, but once you got the hang of it, they were easy.

They should be more difficult!

ninjasownu
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Making it harder is going to equal more newbies on the forum.

JohnConnor2012
09-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Good point, but I think that timing best ensures that the tombs can't just be knocked down by watching some YouTube vid.

Would be a good idea if the first few were easy just so people get into them though, like the first few glyphs in AC2.

AnthonyA85
09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Hm, I'd have thought more people would have liked to see them toned down a little.

The only two tombs I really struggled with were the last two in venice i think, especially the last one where all the levers were on one timer, and I couldn't get round the curcuit fast enough because i kept missing a jump or two, and because I had to pause to find my direction, that cost valuable seconds.

and I did have to watch youtube vids of the tombs to work out exactly what to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif All I can say is, I hope I can bring some recruits in with me to keep those levers pulled. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (or better yet, send them in instead)

FrankieSatt
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
You shouldn't have to have "Mad Controller Skills" to be able to complete a mission.

The timed levers were a pain in the *** and should be removed. You can make the levels just as hard without the timed levers.

GariStz
09-07-2010, 01:27 PM
The lack of challenge is the biggest problem (for now) with the series, so, I'm really hoping for something Master Assassin-ish

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KCizzll
09-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope they don't hijack your camera to point you at the next ledge. It both ruins the challenge of finding your way and makes the jumps more annoying at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

I don't care one way or the other on the timed sections, only had to redo sections a couple times so wasn't a big deal for me.

SBRedFlag
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
None of the tombs were very challenging. Sure, I fell down once or twice, but if you don't have Parkinson's, it shouldn't be too hard. As long as you follow the correct path (which is obvious), you get there easily. The timing was irrelevant, I didn't really have to start over a section because I ran out of time ever. If anything, they should make the tombs more difficult to figure out and have less time to do them. Or maybe add challenge with guards (archers) that will shoot you from a distance if they see you climbing on a ledge.

JohnConnor2012
09-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Absolutely agree with you, Cron, about that damn camera. The last Venetian tomb and family crypt aren't tough because of the timer but because of the dodgy camera artificially delaying otherwise easy enough maneuvres (in PC anyway).

Even in the penultimate Venetian tomb (church) there are a couple of rigged starter jumps that seemed unfair to me.

thekyle0
09-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I'd definitely prefer if the timer was removed but the platforming was made harder. For example, make it an actual puzzle. Don't have such an obvious path to follow. Maybe, assuming there aren't more glyphs to constitute the puzzle gameplay, include a few non-platforming puzzles to solve. Those puzzles from AC2 glyphs in which you have to rotate the rings to form a picture would suit this niche perfectly.