PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to pay the DLC' s?

AltairIPC
12-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I saw if in the south of Firenze, there is a very big part of the city in there i can not enter, but there are prostitutes, thieves. Me i passed the game. Is these part only for the special game editions, or i am mistaked?

TheEpicWolf
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM
It's part of the DLC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jack994
12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah like TheEpicWolf said that part of Firenze will be opened up to any who purchases the "Bonfire of the Vanities" DLC launching in January.

AltairIPC
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
thank you very match

AltairIPC
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
but, theses DLC are going to be free? or we are going to must pay for them?

TheEpicWolf
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
You have to pay, i can't remember off the top of my head though how much.

Avl521
12-30-2009, 01:40 PM
you have to pay for them, there are 2 DLCs IIRC you can get both at 9 dollars, first one costs 4 and second one 5 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif they'll be out in january and february

AltairIPC
12-30-2009, 01:41 PM
ufff, i think if im not going to pay them, i prefere the idea of buy other super game of March. Thank you TheEpicWolf. What do you think? Are you going to pay the money Ubisoft?

TheEpicWolf
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm definetly gonna get the DLC. Can't wait!

Avl521
12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I'll pay too... I'm dying to get those DLCs.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AltairIPC
12-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Dont you prefere have other games with these money? Im going to think. I dont want to be the unic person if there dont buy them. Visit my other discussion about an assassins creed 3 (i don want a shooter...)

Assassin_Mitch
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll buy them, I have some extra money lying around. Not that it is expensive anyway. Its a good deal. Can't wait

Ascari911
12-30-2009, 09:59 PM
I hope the first dlc is gonna be like a survival mode when there are a lot of ennemies and it's very hard !!

mantledarcanum
12-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I'd have liked for the sequences to have been included with the Master's Edition, but I guess I'll have no choice but to pay. I'd like to finish the whole story.

Delta_Canuckian
12-31-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll definitely get it. It sounds like it's going to add a good chunk of time to the game, and compared to most DLC it will be pretty cheap. I can't wait for the stuff from the Master Assassin's Edition to be released because I only got the standard version. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

stupid632
01-01-2010, 08:09 AM
if both of them are 9 dollars will it be the same in pounds or more or less ??

MagicalZero ko
01-01-2010, 09:39 AM
i second survival i just love killing large numbers of guards with the hidden blade

Fudz4
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I officially love AC now... got the whole story in my head (just reading up about the side games and the book.) definatley getting the DLC to fill in the gap.

TreFacTor
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
anyone who wants to play the entire game is gonna have to pay for the DLC. It's sad that they chose to cut out part of the story instead of actually making extra content. I think they could have pushed back the release date a little to make the game complete. This sets a poor president. Now other companies will follow suit, getting $70 for a $60 game.

ijr2009
01-03-2010, 12:11 AM
not true, TreFacTor.If we get some of the stuff included in the Master Assassin's edition then we're actually getting a bargain.We pay 70 dollars for something others spent around a hundred on plus we get stuff that the chumps who got the special edition have to buy too. i dont consider this a rip off but a repeal of the fan-boy tax. not to rip on fan boys seeing as i am one, just not a rich one.

TheEpicWolf
01-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know when exactly the first will be released this month ?

TreFacTor
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ijr2009:
not true, TreFacTor.If we get some of the stuff included in the Master Assassin's edition then we're actually getting a bargain.We pay 70 dollars for something others spent around a hundred on plus we get stuff that the chumps who got the special edition have to buy too. i dont consider this a rip off but a repeal of the fan-boy tax. not to rip on fan boys seeing as i am one, just not a rich one. But your not, your getting parts of the story that were just left out. You can tell that when the woman says if your ever in my area, look me up. You can already tell that there were missions for her, and their not even going to take an hour to complete.

Were not getting additional content, just parts of the story that were ripped out. I can see if we were getting say, the ability to dye Altiar's clothes, a survival mode, a new city, a new character even. What they did is in my opinion disrespectful to the fans of this series. What they took out was so non consequential to the game that it made the cutting room floor!

We're not getting extras in the DLC at all... can you point me in the direction of where you got that information.. did you watch the developer interview regarding the DLC? It mentions nothing about including items that were in special editions.

DarkAutocon
01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
they were left out for a reason you know. the team at ubisoft had to much to do in the little time they had left so they took out those sequences to take pressure off the team, if the two sequences were still included then assassins creed 2 would have been filled with bugs and it wouldt have been as good. so they released those as DLC later on to make development much easier.

DLTyrus
01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
anyone who wants to play the entire game is gonna have to pay for the DLC. It's sad that they chose to cut out part of the story instead of actually making extra content. I think they could have pushed back the release date a little to make the game complete. This sets a poor president. Now other companies will follow suit, getting $70 for a $60 game.

Its interesting how people think they "cut content out" to later re-add it into the game andm ake you pay more, just because from the storyline of the game you "skip" over these memories.

DLC is often planned before release, but that doesn't mean that the content was made, then cut from the game, just to squeeze extra money from us. Would you really feel any better if we had finished the game on sequence 12, after sequence 11, and then the two downloads were numbered 13 and 14? I mean, that way they would have been adding new content, not putting back in what they already took out, right?

Look at it this way, if DLC as a concept did not exist, AC2 would play exactly as it does now, except that perhaps some of the ground work for the DLC wouldn't be present (i.e it would say "Area not available" rather than "Area not yet available" in southern florence at the bridge), but we would still skip those two memories, because that was part of the story - we would just never seemed them filled in with additional content at a later date.

In other words, DLC is extra content regardless of how that content fits into the storyline or timeline of the game. Just because the content may chronologically come before the end of the original story does not mean they intentionally cut it out of the finished game just so that they can make us pay for it as DLC.

Biomedical-Fire
01-10-2010, 07:28 AM
It's great that they're coming out with DLC, which I plan to get, but what I want to know, are they ever going to come out with the Arsenal Shipyard? Those of us who got the Master Assassin and White Editions will never have our games at 100% until we get Arsenal Shipyard and those who have the White Edition also get Santa Maria Del Farar(SP?) as well.

Ureh
01-10-2010, 09:36 AM
hey guys i got a few questions about the dlc codes that came with the master assassin edition that i bought. i appreciate the help and hope someone who knows the answer for sure can/will answer me. thanks.

well i unlocked the two maps fine and dandy. but what if i uninstall the game and don't play the game for a few months. then i feel like installing it again. will i be able to use the codes again? or are they only 1 use only? if they can only be used once, then how do i get my maps back? do i have to pay for them again?

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree 100% with TreFactor. DLC extends the gameplay, this is filling a hole. It's a shame that I love the game so much that I'm going to pay for something that should have been there in the first place.

DLTyrus
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM
This is not filling a hole. Its very clear by the way the story is structured that the missing segments would always have been missing, only we'd never get them filled in if they was no such thing as DLC.

In other words, they planned the story with all segments included, yes, but they always would have had those two missing in the main story. Then, presumably, they decided to develop two as DLC because it means they can put more work into them while people play the rest of the game. They did not make the entire segments, then decide to delete them and make us pay extra for them.

Had those segments been in the final game, instead of us getting DLC, we would either have had a release date of this february or we'd see less work gone into each part of the story in general in order to fit the time frame.

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's say you buy a book. Much to your surprise, two chapters are missing. Then suddenly the author approaches you and tries to sell the two remaining chapters to you. Would you be happy?

SWJS
01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
Let's say you buy a book. Much to your surprise, two chapters are missing. Then suddenly the author approaches you and tries to sell the two remaining chapters to you. Would you be happy? There are a few books that do skip chapters and fill in the info online.

DLC doesn't the exact same thing, only it's actually giving you content you can interact with, which costs money to develope. Plus, both DLC only come up to $10 all together, which is very cheap in DLC standards.

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I've never heard of books doing that, but that seems like a terrible marketing choice.
I know it's cheap, but for something that ties into the main storyline it should have been free, especially if it was going to be put into the game in the first place.

TwinIltani
01-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:There are a few books that do skip chapters and fill in the info online.

Yep, and not just that. Jim Butcher released a short story called Backup for his Harry Dresden series. It's a tiny little print novel that presents new events and adds to the content of the main series.

According to the analysis of DLC that some of you are putting forward - should that novel have been a freebie as well? After all, it should have been in the main books in the first place, right? Maybe he wrote it and then took it out for the specific purpose of charging fans of the series for the addition later? Maybe he killed Kennedy too?

Please.

If you abhor Ubi's practices and the way they handled this game, then vote with your wallet and your writing instrument of choice - don't buy anything else from them and let them know why you made that decision. If enough people share your outlook and take the same action, something might change. No business can turn a profit without customers supplying the cash flow.

I am going to buy the DLC, and by that I acknowledge that I will be supporting Ubi's business practices. It's a conscious decision on my part, as I love the game and I want to play more of it. I also don't find anything wrong with the particular model under which the DLC is being released.

gamertam
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, i will be getting the dlc when it comes out. I'm liking this game darn too much, i can't affort not to. Still i do have mix feeling about this dlc issue though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif