PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Dissappearance won't load

TSLlol
03-21-2011, 07:38 PM
has anyone got this problem too?

I've redeemed the DLC with Uplay, the map tells me where to go but when I go to that Restored memory thingy and run into the white startpoint, the flashback starts, I hear Da Vinci talking, the enviroment slowly breaks down, than I hear the two guys (I assume one is M.William?) talking about desmond and that ezio is rememberind something, but at the loading "level" ezio is invisible, I can move and stuff, I see the dust under his foot, but it just stays like that and doesn't load anything...

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

ace3001
03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Ezio is invisible in the "loading" screen while William and the other person talk, yes. That's normal. Though I didn't try to move around or anything. I thought that's how it's supposed to be.
Anyway, you probably have done, but no harm in asking, I guess. Have you updated to 1.01? In the rare case you unlocked DLC before 1.01 was released and then played in offline mode, you might not be having the update.

rayqildor
03-22-2011, 10:34 AM
and how do you update it?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
did you have to download the add on,or was it just an unlock code ?

if its a download,whats the address,it neglects to tell me anything when redeeming.

Lucy-Stabby
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes, i have same problem, i can run around, punch, jump, popout hidden blade ...
But it doesn't want to load lvl completely.
I left it to load for 30min and nothing.

IgnaceDV
03-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Same problem here!
I've tried both moving and not moving Ezio (though I doubt that would really matter) but nothing happens, even after an hour! Can't even press delete or access any menu's.
Sadly I don't have a clue what to do about this

Razrback16
03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Have you guys reported this to tech support? I haven't got to these missions yet (still working on sequence 4) but you all might want to make sure you get a report in to Support ASAP so they can investigate and work on a fix.

TSLlol
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Ezio is invisible in the "loading" screen while William and the other person talk, yes. That's normal. Though I didn't try to move around or anything. I thought that's how it's supposed to be.
Anyway, you probably have done, but no harm in asking, I guess. Have you updated to 1.01? In the rare case you unlocked DLC before 1.01 was released and then played in offline mode, you might not be having the update.

yes, I am updated to 1.01

is there any option to reinstall/download it?? Because Uplay doesn't give me an option, it just says Back...

It seems to me that it didn't download properly, but I really don't want to reinstall the game because of this... I'm enjoying MP too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

IgnaceDV
03-24-2011, 05:40 AM
I had the same problem, but after manually downloading the 1.01 patch (I thought like the ACII it would update automatically, but apparently not) the problem disappeared and the Da Vinci missions played perfectly.

ace3001
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by TSLlol:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

yes, I am updated to 1.01

is there any option to reinstall/download it?? Because Uplay doesn't give me an option, it just says Back...

It seems to me that it didn't download properly, but I really don't want to reinstall the game because of this... I'm enjoying MP too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's on the game disk itself, nothing to download. Uplay only unlocks the memory. Like IgnaceDV says above, try manually updating. I myself updated manually, so maybe that's how it worked for me.

d4rkless
03-24-2011, 05:24 PM
O.t.

I would like to tell everyone that the title of "DLC" is wrong.
"Da Vinci" is not the surname of Leonardo, "Vinci" is just a city in Tuscany.
Leonardo was the son of an unknown father then Had not a surname, the title would be correct: The death of Leonardo.

TSLlol
03-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by d4rkless:
O.t.

I would like to tell everyone that the title of "DLC" is wrong.
"Da Vinci" is not the surname of Leonardo, "Vinci" is just a city in Tuscany.
Leonardo was the son of an unknown father then Had not a surname, the title would be correct: The death of Leonardo.

^thanks for the spoiler a$$bag...

anyway how can you manually update the game?

TSLlol
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
ah nvm I just downloaded the patch installer from the internet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it works now thanks for the tip!

ace3001
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by TSLlol:
ah nvm I just downloaded the patch installer from the internet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it works now thanks for the tip! That's the only way to manually update. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And don't worry, Leo doesn't die. I have no idea where d4rkless came up with that.