PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a "keycard" for the defualt keys?

Texas LongHorn
11-13-2004, 10:05 AM
I hope you guys know what I mean. While PF ships with a very comprehensive set of bound keys the insert just lists them in sections such as "controls," "views," etc. I would love to see a pdf of the keyboard with the actions of each key typed in already. This is not an unusual request, almost every sim in the world has the "keycard" on one side and the commmand list on the other. If done correctly, the file could then be edited to reflect the changes we all make plus the user defined ones such as tailhook and chocks. Thanks in advance, all the best, LongHorn

Mjollnir111675
11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaand, AWAY we go...!!!

loufromlouville
11-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Look inside of that nice case PF came in, there's one in there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Texas LongHorn
11-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Lou, you missed the point, read the original post again. Sure, the insert lists all the keys actions, but in a text form. I'm talking about the actual picture of the keyboard that has the commands listed ON each key. Typically the keys will have commands listed in different colors too, to show a [Ctrl,] [ALT] or [SHIFT] key combo also. It's been one of my little picky points about IL2 from the beginning that they didn't just follow the lead of just about every sim in history in the way the insert is made. All the best, LongHorn

loufromlouville
11-13-2004, 04:31 PM
I see the pet peave part.
But most people change the default keys to their own liking. And I would guess that UBI's thought is why bother. Their looking out for the most bang for the buck, profit, profit, profit. I would guess we where lucky to get what we got.

Nige_Reconman
11-13-2004, 05:10 PM
It is annoying though on the fold out that most key commands are assigned to "User Assigned".

I mean i can't find the User Assigned key anywhere! Is it like the Escape key and shortened to Esc. And as for other games i still can't find this vaunted "Any" key.

Bikewer
11-13-2004, 05:19 PM
I have a "cheatsheet" of all my user-defined commands taped up next to my monitor. It's cause I'm old and my memory fails....

I dumped a Zero into the drink looking for the "arresting gear" button, and hit the "fold wings" instead....

Nige_Reconman
11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bikewer:
I have a "cheatsheet" of all my user-defined commands taped up next to my monitor. It's cause I'm old and my memory fails....

I dumped a Zero into the drink looking for the "arresting gear" button, and hit the "fold wings" instead.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why i assign dangerous keys like that to a shift-W or alt-W something that means i need to hit two keys to implement that action.

Athosd
11-13-2004, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
I hope you guys know what I mean. While PF ships with a very comprehensive set of bound keys the insert just lists them in sections such as "controls," "views," etc. I would love to see a pdf of the keyboard with the actions of each key typed in already. This is not an unusual request, almost every sim in the world has the "keycard" on one side and the commmand list on the other. If done correctly, the file could then be edited to reflect the changes we all make plus the user defined ones such as tailhook and chocks. Thanks in advance, all the best, LongHorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would certainly be very useful for many players - but I'm not aware of any such keycard, official or community made.

As to the user defined keys - I write all over the supplied command listing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Athos

GT182
11-13-2004, 07:26 PM
I have a blank keycard that can be filled in with the key commands you want. I'd add it as an attachment for everyone if I could, but can't.

Snuffy Smith
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Here are the IL2 keyboards. I believe they are almost identical to PF except for a few new functions. You can just fill in the new keys. I find it helpful to track my key assignments.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7kxfm/id2.html

Texas LongHorn
11-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks a million Snuffy. That is certainly close enough to be a good start. I'll print it out, make a few additions to update to PF, and then laminate the thing. Actually, I'll probably just laminate the beast once I have all the user defined keys written in to reflect PF. Thanks again, all the best, LongHorn

MG08x15
11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
This is something helpful, even if not perfect. I can use it too. Someone went to some trouble to make it. I wonder why Longhorn got such a hard time about such a simple request?

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7kxfm/id2.html

GT182
11-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Here's a blank keyboard jpg you can print out. It's not the best but go ahead an modify it if you'd like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/BlankKeyboard.jpg

Save this as it is and print it out. It will be full size on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.