PDA

View Full Version : Thought this theory deserved its own thread

LightRey
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I'm pretty sure the bug you get when you beat The Truth before finishing the story is universal. Desmond is all glitchy and flipping out, and Lucy talks to an invisible version of him at one point. Then you're stuck like a ghost phased through the Animus, and your only option is to go back in the Animus.

My theory is that it's not a bug by the developers and is intentional. First of all, it's such a giant thing that you'd think they would have caught it. Second, with all the patches they put out for the game's bugs, they never once fixed this. It still occurs on the latest patched versions of the game. Third, they've never addressed it as far as I've seen. I think they've been ignoring it because it's a hint at where the story is going and don't want to say any more. Between this and the artifacts that you find in Monterrigioni, I think some of the present day sequences are possibly Desmond reliving his own memories of those events. I think it's all tied to the "Leave Animus" option -- that's when weird things seem to happen. It's only during those segments that you can see the artifacts and the red trail, not during the mandatory story sequences before Sequence 2 and after Sequence 9.

I can't completely verify this right now, but if my memory is correct from playing the games and reading the forums, I think Lucy disappears during Sequences 6 and 7 and comes back for Sequence 8. I'm almost positive she's back for Sequence 8 because that's when you can have the conversation about the current date, which Lucy says is October 8. The earliest you can complete The Truth is Sequence 7 because that's when the last areas of the map unlock. I've played through the game and beaten The Truth in Sequence 7 when Lucy is gone, and in Sequence 8 when she's back. This "glitch" happened both times. If you finish The Truth while Lucy is gone, she'll be back for the cutscene after you meet Subject 16, but if you then immediately choose Leave Animus after going back in, she'll be gone again.
This is quite interesting. Just now, during my 4th playthrough of ACB, I played "The Truth" and talked to S16 and stuff. Then the whole "bug" happened where Desmond didn't get out of The Animus. Now I hadn't gotten out of the Animus during this sequence and I noticed that even during the cutscene, I could "press any button" not to reenter the Animus, but to engage in a conversation with Rebecca. Now on one hand this may seem to be evidence to the fact that this really is just a bug. However, the fact that you can just break off a conversation with Lucy during a cutscene makes me think it's evidence that this theory might just be correct.
I think this really is worth discussing, since the whole thing has always been quite puzzling.

MacDaddyMcC
07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
4th Playthrough?!?!?!

Yes this is way to big of a "bug" to not be noticed, they deffinetly threw this in here as a huge hint to anyone trying to solve this whole Subject 16/Ending debacle.

Off Topic: But uhh am I the only one who thinks Lucy Stillman isnt a Templar...

LightRey
07-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MacDaddyMcC:
4th Playthrough?!?!?!

Yes this is way to big of a "bug" to not be noticed, they deffinetly threw this in here as a huge hint to anyone trying to solve this whole Subject 16/Ending debacle.

Off Topic: But uhh am I the only one who thinks Lucy Stillman isnt a Templar...
Don't worry. I'm with you on that and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here.

and yeah, 4th. I started with it right after my 10th replay of ACII ;D