PDA

View Full Version : Mouse help please? =X

Catalyst726
02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok, I got the box with LOMAC, PF, and IL-2 about 6 months ago and then a few months ago I got a new computer. The problem is my old joystick is too old to work with my new computer and so I took off all the games, and then I played another combat flight simulator that had an option to use a mouse as a 3 button joystick with a throttle(middle mouse scroller...thingy 0_o). I was wondering if I could do the same for PF and LOMAC and IL-2, I've tried my best but I couldn't get it to work. Any and all help is appreciated so thanks in advance for any advice.

dbillo
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
No, the mouse is used for view panning in IL-2 and PF. Get a joystick. While you're at it, get IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, the latest version, on DVD.

Crash_Moses
02-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, by all means get 1946.

I hunted high and low for an application that would let me use the mouse as a joystick on my laptop and had no luck. If you find one, please post back here.

Zeus-cat
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
1) Get a joystick. Playing this game without one, while possible, isn't worth the bother.

2) Download my "Straight From the Farm" campaign. It was made for people new to the IL-2 sim and will work with Pacific Fighters. See link below.

3) Chek out the Nugget's Guide for more tips and help. It is stickied at the top of the General Discussion forum.

4) Get IL-2 1946. It really is worth it.