PDA

View Full Version : No difficulty level.

AP0LL0316
10-21-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/assassins_creed/preview-657.html

discuss

Ammario
10-21-2007, 09:16 AM
That's a huge disappointment. Maybe there was no difficulty because it was the demo or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AP0LL0316
10-21-2007, 09:18 AM
not sure at this point.

fulukai
10-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I really hope this is not the case in the final version!! A lot of people (incl me) have complained about the combat AI of the guards (mostly standing around, attacking one at a time) which makes the fighting seem unrealistic and easy.

Having varying difficulty levels is the best way to appease hard core gamers who want more of a challenge and the newcomers who want the game to be more accessible.

kidt891
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
how do you set a difficulty level in a sandbox game? I don't recall any of the grand theft autos having a difficulty level. so I don't think its that important. if this game were a linear mission game then I would see the problem.

Creepy006
10-21-2007, 10:21 AM
they should do something like this imo:
easy - you can take a lot of hits
medium - you can take a few hits
hard - 1 hit and your dead/injured really bad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

saros.exe
10-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Ahem when your fatique bar is down all it takes to kill you is one hit and it's not gonna change.
But there was a discussion before about difficulty levels and how it could be possible to vary difficulty in this kind of game (e.g. more/less guards)

Kaxen6
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
You can make it more difficult for yourself by turning off the HUD or parts of the HUD (I think I would die a slow painful death if I didn't have the GPS. I have no sense of direction and the Assassin's Creed world is ginormous... then again, with the GPS, I headed for Acre and showed up in Jerusalem. How is that possible? O.o) ... or picking excessive amounts of fights possibly...

KlNDRED
10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Games like these dont need difficulty levels. Look at Fable for example. Ennemies get tougher as you go. In this case, i would be surprised if the AI changes to give you a bigger challenge if they see you are a good player.

kidt891
10-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
Games like these dont need difficulty levels. Look at Fable for example. Ennemies get tougher as you go. In this case, i would be surprised if the AI changes to give you a bigger challenge if they see you are a good player. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

AirRon_2K7
10-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by fulukai:
I really hope this is not the case in the final version!! A lot of people (incl me) have complained about the combat AI of the guards (mostly standing around, attacking one at a time) which makes the fighting seem unrealistic and easy.

Having varying difficulty levels is the best way to appease hard core gamers who want more of a challenge and the newcomers who want the game to be more accessible.

The way the guards fight isn't unrealistic. It makes perfect sense, and I'm probably gonna have to quote that - the amount of times that I've had to say it.

This game doesn't need difficulty levels, if you need an easier game then you should get an easier game.

Since no other sandbox has had difficulty levels (correct me if I'm wrong), maybe we should make this topic about suggestions for how a difficulty level would work.

The only plausible way I can think of is your 'health' or how easy it is for you to be killed, but thats just boring >.>

zdamort
10-21-2007, 11:35 AM
It will probably work like this:

You can do things the stealthy way, which is long and DIFFICULT, but makes things easy for you as far as guard's looking for you.

Or

You can do things the EASY and aggressive way, and kill your target, but it makes the guards hunt you relentlessly for a while, making things DIFFICULT for you.

This isn't a game about easy,medium,hard. It's about how YOU play it.

PS - I hope all you people crying about the 'dumb' AI get killed multiple times off one hit when you get the game, because it is obvious they have GOD mode on during these latest demos(compare to earlier ones).

AirRon_2K7
10-21-2007, 11:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

kerem121
10-21-2007, 11:42 AM
sandbox games have difficulty level like Crackdown for 360

ScytheOfGrim
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Haha!
I'm not surprised about the difficulty setting thing. Most sand(flower, lol)box games don't have adjustable difficulties.

Anyway... also depending on where you are (not in the game's story, but the city and district) the difficulty will vary. It all depends on the guards you are against.

E.g.:
The Talal demo, those guards were easy, they had (relatively) light armor and therefore they were easier to kill.
The guards in the William demonflksadf (whatever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif... French...) were heavily armored, and they were harder o kill.
P.S. Richard the Lionheart looks fat... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

eliteassassin69
10-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by kerem121:
sandbox games have difficulty level like Crackdown for 360

oh yea I forgot. havnt played in like forever

EDIT: AHA i think ive got it! they started out in the MID or past begining so the sci fi part doesnt get leaked. maybe thats why he didnt see difficulty.

b-busher
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I doubt it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif but we,ll see

Greenman2000
10-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I Hope u can choose the difficulty

eliteassassin69
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
Haha!
I'm not surprised about the difficulty setting thing. Most sand(flower, lol)box games don't have adjustable difficulties.

Anyway... also depending on where you are (not in the game's story, but the city and district) the difficulty will vary. It all depends on the guards you are against.

E.g.:
The Talal demo, those guards were easy, they had (relatively) light armor and therefore they were easier to kill.
The guards in the William demonflksadf (whatever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif... French...) were heavily armored, and they were harder o kill.
P.S. Richard the Lionheart looks fat... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LOL william demonflksadf?? ahahaha it was monferrat.

Magnus_LTD
10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
William Demonflakes? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ikbengeband
10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
airron said that how the guards fight is realistic but it really isnt. how they move is realistic but how they think is stupid. they just wait and that is unrealistic because they would never do that. But i may forgive it because the way altair fight is just to cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

fulukai
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
The way the guards fight isn't unrealistic. It makes perfect sense

Are you kidding me? Guards standing around in a circle waiting for you to attack them, admiring your moves while you fight another, staring at your back instead of stabbing you from behind, not planning any coordinated attacks!? Please that's anything but realistic.

Don't give me the baloney about guards getting in each other's way if they fight together. That's just a lame argument. The fact is, a group of people surrounding and attacking a single individual don't have to do things one at a time. That's just common sense.

Now, I totally understand the reason the devs have made the combat easier - it is to make the game more accessible but that's a different matter. I'm worried that they mightve made it too easy, and taken away the thrill of a satisfying swordfight against a bunch of intelligent enemies.

This game doesn't need difficulty levels, if you need an easier game then you should get an easier game.

You obviously missed the point. I don't want an easier game, instead a tougher one! Most detailed previews I've read talk about the one negative aspect of the game -- repetitive nature of the combat.

Since no other sandbox has had difficulty levels (correct me if I'm wrong), maybe we should make this topic about suggestions for how a difficulty level would work.
The only plausible way I can think of is your 'health' or how easy it is for you to be killed, but thats just boring >.>

By ramping up the difficulty, I can imagine the guards planning more coordinated attacks and using better group tactics to surround and kill you. Why is that so bad?

The point is -- at higher difficulty levels, it should be the case that your best option is to *not* get caught by the guards (unless you have absolutely mastered the swordfighting and have terrific reflexes). You are an assassin after all. You have free-running for crying out loud. It would make more sense to use the environment to escape instead of fighting a bunch of guards who should be able to overpower you in reality.

AirRon_2K7
10-21-2007, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
The way the guards fight isn't unrealistic. It makes perfect sense

Are you kidding me? Guards standing around in a circle waiting for you to attack them, admiring your moves while you fight another, staring at your back instead of stabbing you from behind, not planning any coordinated attacks!? Please that's anything but realistic.

Don't give me the baloney about guards getting in each other's way if they fight together. That's just a lame argument. The fact is, a group of people surrounding and attacking a single individual don't have to do things one at a time. That's just common sense.

Now, I totally understand the reason the devs have made the combat easier - it is to make the game more accessible but that's a different matter. I'm worried that they mightve made it too easy, and taken away the thrill of a satisfying swordfight against a bunch of intelligent enemies.

You obviously missed the point. I don't want an easier game, instead a tougher one! Most detailed previews I've read talk about the one negative aspect of the game -- repetitive nature of the combat.

By ramping up the difficulty, I can imagine the guards planning more coordinated attacks and using better group tactics to surround and kill you. Why is that so bad?

The point is -- at higher difficulty levels, it should be the case that your best option is to *not* get caught by the guards (unless you have absolutely mastered the swordfighting and have terrific reflexes). You are an assassin after all. You have free-running for crying out loud. It would make more sense to use the environment to escape instead of fighting a bunch of guards who should be able to overpower you in reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, a full blown attack on a simple post... fair enough. My major crip with how everyone argues is that they argue about 'realism'.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but WHEN - and I want sources for this - have either Jade or Patrice said that this game will be realistic. For all we know the guards could be robots from the future so they act 'dumb' because they're made of metal. (I doubt that but I'm trying to prove a point) Aside from the graphics and - arguably - the combat, what else is realistic? The flashing lights, the glowing targets, maybe the insane leaps into bales of hay?

Infact, Patrice even said in an interview that they had to... just read it:

Several-hundred-foot drops into piles of hay and the ability to hide on a public bench between a pair of civilians may not seen especially realistic, but Desilets admits that the team had to concede such discrepancies to maintain the entertainment value of the experience.

Realism isn't this games goal

fulukai
10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry, didn't mean it to sound like an attack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I understand that it's a game after all. But I was just hoping the combat would be more competitive. And I was simply making a case against your earlier remark about the "the way the guards fight isn't unrealistic". (though maybe I got carried away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Regardless, I do think this is an awesome game and has plenty going for it otherwise. I could be entirely wrong about the final combat AI and so just keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best overall gameplay experience.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Wow, a full blown attack on a simple post... fair enough. My major crip with how everyone argues is that they argue about 'realism'.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but WHEN - and I want sources for this - have either Jade or Patrice said that this game will be realistic. For all we know the guards could be robots from the future so they act 'dumb' because they're made of metal. (I doubt that but I'm trying to prove a point) Aside from the graphics and - arguably - the combat, what else is realistic? The flashing lights, the glowing targets, maybe the insane leaps into bales of hay?

Infact, Patrice even said in an interview that they had to... just read it:

Several-hundred-foot drops into piles of hay and the ability to hide on a public bench between a pair of civilians may not seen especially realistic, but Desilets admits that the team had to concede such discrepancies to maintain the entertainment value of the experience.

Realism isn't this games goal

There aiming for ser real. Realistic but also unbelievable.

Jade did say I think realism was a target.

but your right it wasn't the goal.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 05:21 PM

The point is -- at higher difficulty levels, it should be the case that your best option is to *not* get caught by the guards (unless you have absolutely mastered the swordfighting and have terrific reflexes). You are an assassin after all. You have free-running for crying out loud. It would make more sense to use the environment to escape instead of fighting a bunch of guards who should be able to overpower you in reality.

I think that is a great idea. I like a challenge.

Theres nothing wrong with a difficulty setting. Making the game hard shouldn't be too difficult. I don't know if they have done it so i don't think getting mad over something you cant control is something we should really be worried about.

In defense, they did have some coordinated attacks. One would attack you from behind while the other was being attacked and i haven't really seen many sandbox games with this. Fable for one.

KlNDRED
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
You people complaining a lot, seeing as how noone here has played the full version. Some may have played a demo but that doesnt make a good view of the combat nor the AI. What if the AI adjusts itself based on your fighting? At the beginning of the game, your a noob so they might go easier than later in it.

Also what do you ppl want? More people to attack at the same time? Id like to see you fight em all off when its like 15 to 1 and with that very short health you get. Ubi might be aiming for some sort of realism but what they have in their minds which some of you still are ignoring is the fact that this is game and Gameplay > Realism.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
You people complaining a lot, seeing as how noone here has played the full version. Some may have played a demo but that doesnt make a good view of the combat nor the AI. What if the AI adjusts itself based on your fighting? At the beginning of the game, your a noob so they might go easier than later in it.

Also what do you ppl want? More people to attack at the same time? Id like to see you fight em all off when its like 15 to 1 and with that very short health you get. Ubi might be aiming for some sort of realism but what they have in their minds which some of you still are ignoring is the fact that this is game and Gameplay > Realism.

What I said is it would be ok to bumrush if you had an hardcore mode

DeadCorpseAC
10-21-2007, 06:56 PM
In my opinion, the fights are realistic.
I think that when an assassin is ready to kill his enemies (guards, etc), they probably will act like in the game, because he his ready to fight, in position, just waiting to counter attack.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DeadCorpseAC:
I think that when an assassin is ready to kill his enemies (guards, etc), they probably will act like in the game, because he his ready to fight, in position, just waiting to counter attack.

Its not a opinion. They aren't fighting tactically smart, which lowers the realism. There are times while altari is grabbing another guy and the guard sits behind him who does nothing.

Real tactics aren't fun in games though.

DeadCorpseAC
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by fGuppy88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeadCorpseAC:

Its not a opinion. They aren't fighting tactically smart, which lowers the realism. There are times while altari is grabbing another guy and the guard sits behind him who does nothing.

Real tactics aren't fun in games though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, I didn't remember that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And I agree with what you said (the italic part).

Toyotama
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I suppose you people want to be fencing off and parrying attacks from five guards at once? Think of it: if every time you grab a guard, a guard behind you sees an opening and stabs(or slashes) you, you'd be dying a lot and the game would be made impossible... And also, you have to remember that they're supposed to act human and be amazed (when you pull of a devastating combo on one of his comrades)or nervous (about fighting a guy that has killed your boss and many of your friends) and be able to reason (say, let's ALL attack this guy at once and see if we can kill him without accidentally slashing each other, eh?) like any normal person would.

sweetlou280
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I saw a real medieval fight the other day at a fair. It was 1 vs 4 and it was all out, not scripted or anything. And only once or twice did 2 people attack at once. I asked them after why they didn't attack all at once, and they said "2 reasons: 1)Honor, its not Honorable to stab someone in the back (2)At any given time the person being attacked (the one in the middle) could swing back behind his back to make a power swing at the attacker in front of him. And so it is a natural fear not to jump in at any moment."

ScytheOfGrim
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
XD
To the guys that thought that I didn't know Wiliam's name, I do, but that was my way of saying, "I suck at French". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

fulukai
10-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Toyotama:
I suppose you people want to be fencing off and parrying attacks from five guards at once? Think of it: if every time you grab a guard, a guard behind you sees an opening and stabs(or slashes) you, you'd be dying a lot and the game would be made impossible...

How about -- don't get into a position where your circled by guards? This guy is an assassin - he's supposed to be agile and nimble. Also, since it's a game, you don't have to die if you're slashed from behind. I'm not saying that the AI should be crazily realistic and tough -- just that there should be a balance between being challenging and realistic. And getting this balance is tough for a broad range of gamers, hence the various difficulty levels.

fulukai
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sweetlou280:
I saw a real medieval fight the other day at a fair. It was 1 vs 4 and it was all out, not scripted or anything. And only once or twice did 2 people attack at once. I asked them after why they didn't attack all at once, and they said "2 reasons: 1)Honor, its not Honorable to stab someone in the back (2)At any given time the person being attacked (the one in the middle) could swing back behind his back to make a power swing at the attacker in front of him. And so it is a natural fear not to jump in at any moment."

You saw a "real" medieval fight at a "fair" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, look, we can debate all we want about what constitutes a realistic swordfight, the bottom line is if the game had varying difficulty levels that caters to different gaming styles, we wouldn't need to debate this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Toyotama:
I suppose you people want to be fencing off and parrying attacks from five guards at once? Think of it: if every time you grab a guard, a guard behind you sees an opening and stabs(or slashes) you, you'd be dying a lot and the game would be made impossible... And also, you have to remember that they're supposed to act human and be amazed (when you pull of a devastating combo on one of his comrades)or nervous (about fighting a guy that has killed your boss and many of your friends) and be able to reason (say, let's ALL attack this guy at once and see if we can kill him without accidentally slashing each other, eh?) like any normal person
would.

Thats why you run or use gorilla tactics. If there was a difficulty setting, i would like to see that.

Doom 3 on nightmare you get 15 hp the whole game.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I asked them after why they didn't attack all at once, and they said "2 reasons: 1)Honor, its not Honorable to stab someone in the back "

Theres no honor in killing people.

sweetlou280
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetlou280:
I asked them after why they didn't attack all at once, and they said "2 reasons: 1)Honor, its not Honorable to stab someone in the back "

Theres no honor in killing people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow...and why are you on these forums??? Honestly...ANYWAYS i found this (I know its an old video but it proves a point) http://www.gamespot.com/video/935316/6177662/assassins-...d-pax-2007-gameplay- (http://www.gamespot.com/video/935316/6177662/assassins-creed-pax-2007-gameplay-)

At 3:40ish and 4:30ish. You can see guards attacking Altair when he is doing a grab, turn, kick away move.

But Guppy...I am just shocked...go eat your tofu, cause i bet there's no honor in killing an animal either.

Lisky831
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
1) There is already a thread about AI

2) I have seen lots of video's where the guards attack while Altair is in the middle of something.

3) You have only seen demos, you haven't played it.

4) It's a game.

sweetlou280
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Lisky831:

2) I have seen lots of video's where the guards attack while Altair is in the middle of something.

4) It's a game.

I'm fine with the first 3...but number 4. If you're gonna be like that why are you even on here?

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
(I know its an old video but it proves a point) http://www.gamespot.com/video/935316/6177662/assassins-...d-pax-2007-gameplay-

At 3:40ish and 4:30ish. You can see guards attacking Altair when he is doing a grab, turn, kick away move.

But Guppy...I am just shocked...go eat your tofu, cause i bet there's no honor in killing an animal either.

?

You need to study the dictionary and look up the word honor because its apparent your a little confused.

Killing a human is used in drastic times. Times were we need to do it what ever the cost.

I would like to point out that when people are in combat they always kill them the easiest way possible. Which means stabbing someone in the back. They don't slap each other with a glove and fight. If you tried that you would get shot.

I would also like to point out that all the good "killers" were cruel. Its hard killing someone and it warps use. Want to ask a killer. Go in death row or ask a vet. They will give you some interesting responses.

Saving people is the result and that is honorable. The cost is killing someone and thats not honorable.

and do you go to college? Probably not ethics or logic because of your six year old response to that. In this matter I may be more educated then some.

and why are you mocking beliefs on a internet forum? That could get you banned. Besides why would I be a peace enthusiast if i was playing a video game about assassinating someone? Far from peace.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
If you're gonna be like that why are you even on here?

Is this the only thing you say as a comeback?

I'm quiet curious on how old you actually are.

sweetlou280
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetlou280:

I'm quiet curious on how old you actually are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha I love it when people use that to try and insult people about video games. hahaahahahahahaha. I mean if you use this comment like say...on a basketball court, football field that might work as an insult. But when you are talking about video games...that jsut doesn't apply. Like if I reply right now "I'm 32." (i'm not). Would you really eat your words if you were younger than that...I plan on giving up video games before than. And if you are 32 guppy....i feel bad for you. Cause if you have enough time to post on these websites...you must not have the life you wanted. So i'll stop fighting with you now.

Lisky831
10-21-2007, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lisky831:

4) It's a game.

I'm fine with the first 3...but number 4. If you're gonna be like that why are you even on here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact is, its a game, it isn't going to be 100 percent realistic. If all 15 guys attacked you at once, you would be dead. You wouldn't be able to play, and the purpose of the game (entertainment) would be defeated.

sweetlou280
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
You need to study the dictionary and look up the word honor because its apparent your a little confused.

Killing a human is used in drastic times. Times were we need to do it what ever the cost.

I'm NOT saying killing someone is honorable...thats wrong. I'm saying there is an honorable way to kill someone. Stabbing someone in the back isn't as honorable as stabbing someone when they could defend themselves right? Yes.
Honor-
-noun.
1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
2. a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
3. high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.

That doesn't make me wrong at all.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fGuppy88:

I'm quiet curious on how old you actually are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha I love it when people use that to try and insult people about video games. hahaahahahahahaha. I mean if you use this comment like say...on a basketball court, football field that might work as an insult. But when you are talking about video games...that jsut doesn't apply. Like if I reply right now "I'm 32." (i'm not). Would you really eat your words if you were younger than that...I plan on giving up video games before than. And if you are 32 guppy....i feel bad for you. Cause if you have enough time to post on these websites...you must not have the life you wanted. So i'll stop fighting with you now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 18 so I don't apply.

You don't explain to well. I see what your saying but you didn't really join your answer and reason together.

Neither do you comprehend cultures to well. when we say young we mean 14 or under. Its also has a lot to do with maturity. Like it or not, you will be judged on it in everything. Video games aren't a safe haven for little kids.

Many college students play games. My dad still plays games. In fact my mom once sat down and played grand theft auto. One half the people in America play games.

Youth are attracted to games yes but games are relatively new. You will see more of the older generations playing games in the future.

Anyways I live a way different life then anyone here.

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM

I'm NOT saying killing someone is honorable...thats wrong. I'm saying there is an honorable way to kill someone. Stabbing someone in the back isn't as honorable as stabbing someone when they could defend themselves right? Yes.
Honor-
-noun.
1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.

Something is honorable if it has good intentions or not. Killing someone isn't a great intention.

ikbengeband
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
ok for everyone who says: 'i would like to see you fight against 15 guards and when they attack you at the same time you are dead.'
so when you fight against so much guards and they would attack you at the same time then you can flee duhh. thats why they maked free running. so if there are to much guards you can flee so you dont have to fight to much guards

filthywalrus
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm not worried about having no difficulty level. GTA is a fun game, it doesn't have a difficulty level. (Unless I'm missing something.) A game doesn't have to be hard to be fun. All of the people who say "I want a game where if a mosquito bites me, I get lyme disease and die!" will always enjoy a nice, easy rampage through a game. Difficulty =/= fun. If AC is a good, enjoyable experience, people will play it.

Lisky831
10-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by ikbengeband:
ok for everyone who says: 'i would like to see you fight against 15 guards and when they attack you at the same time you are dead.'
so when you fight against so much guards and they would attack you at the same time then you can flee duhh. thats why they maked free running. so if there are to much guards you can flee so you dont have to fight to much guards

So you would like to have a game with basically zero combat and only running away?

It's understandable to want a challenge, i enjoy challenging video games, but making the game challenging while fun is the right thing, which they did.

Sorry if you only want to flee and have 15 people put their swords into you at the same time.

stix489
10-22-2007, 02:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

AirRon_2K7
10-22-2007, 02:32 AM

Honor-
-noun.

Something is honorable if it has good intentions or not. Killing someone isn't a great intention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't argue with hundreds - coming onto thousands - of years of history, where many different cultures believed there was an honourable way of dying, and an equally honourable way of killing.

Sandwarrior1990
10-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Ubi Montreal do good with games that have no difficulty level >_>
Have a look at Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for an example http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Albeit a different type of game.

ikbengeband
10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
lisky i didnt say they had to make it that difficult that you always have to flee but when there are more then around 8 guards it would be unrealistic to fight them all. of course i want to fight but it looks like that when you are very good in assassins creed you could fight hundred guards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif so i just think that they could make the ai an bit more smarter.

fGuppy88
10-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Lisky831:

So you would like to have a game with basically zero combat and only running away?

It's understandable to want a challenge, i enjoy challenging video games, but making the game challenging while fun is the right thing, which they did.

Sorry if you only want to flee and have 15 people put their swords into you at the same time.

Its a different style of combat. Its gorilla warfare and elimination.

Halo 2 was like this on legendary.

moonsongv1
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Difficulty levels are always nice. If the game is too easy and you have the opportunity to make it difficult then I see no problem with that. A perfect example of this was GRAW. The game had different difficulty levels that I enjoyed. If it wasn't for the hard mode on GRAW I would of hated it. Most of the time I start a game on the hardest difficulty and then scale down as necessary.

Difficulty levels are great. They allow gamers of different skills to enjoy the same game without alienating someone.

DeadCorpseAC
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe it have, but it is adaptive. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Thatloasekid
10-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Thats a good thing, I mean where would difficulty be incorporated into this game? Its suppose to be realistic meaning you can't make the enemies take more blows or anything like that without being pretty fake....

eliteassassin69
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
ya I suck at french too grim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

anyways just back up against a wall so they go to a semi circle around you and you wont notice that they are not stabbing you when you are turned around.
remember:
gameplay>realism

Tiberius135
10-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by eliteassassin69:

LOL william demonflksadf?? ahahaha it was monferrat.

I'm feeling pedantic so i'm gunna pull you up on this. I think they guy you were after is William de Montferrat

yehonatan.roth
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
there was a thread about diffaculty levels and i predicted there will be non (because reality is only one diffiult level...)

so... i was right i guess...