PDA

View Full Version : AC giving renewed interest in history

megfiregoddess
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Every since I've started following the threads concerning the next assassin's creed installment I've been renewed in my love of history.

I used to spend a lot of time reading about various historical figures but it died off as I ran out of pieces of history that interested me enough to spend time reading about. Now I'm finding that researching the possibilities for a new AC setting has got me reading again.

Anyone else have a new/renewed interest in history because of AC?

battlethief8
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah I'm researching about that period, leonardo da vinci and assassins and ninjas right now.

ThaWhistle
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
A good book on the Pazzi conspiracy and also a general history of Florence during that time period is April Blood by Lauro Martines.

kriegerdesgottes
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I have always loved history which is one of the main reasons I love assassin's creed. I learned a thousand times more about the renaissance than I knew before from learning about the time and from the games. Machiavelli did write some awesome books. The prince is awesome and I am now reading his history of Florence which is great for people interested in life in Florence at the time.

killercartoons
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM
There you go! Video games making someone fall in into interest with history! Another point for why video games are good for you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif