PDA

View Full Version : @Server admins. Register your server on XFIRE!

F19_Orheim
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
@Server admins. Register your server on XFIRE!

hmm....

"Why doesn€t my server show up in the Xfire €œAll€ servers list?

We track every time someone joins your server via their Xfire client. Once enough Xfire users have joined your server we recognize it as a €œgood€ server. Then it should be added to the €œAll€ servers list.

We will send out a query every week to verify your server is still active. "

BBB_Hyperion
08-31-2006, 11:15 PM
hmmm shortly abstract

Object Xfire User

Join Event add Handler Xfire.join
View All Servers add Handler Xfire.openall

Object Server

Init
Join Xfire

Conclusion
Not displayed in All Server List no one can join from Xfire .)

LEBillfish
09-01-2006, 01:26 AM
what is X fire?

Tully__
09-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
what is X fire?
Chat client and multi-game server browser combined, a bit like a bastard child of MSN Messenger and ASE. Been around for 3-4 years, rapidly adding new features and getting better. Last time I used it the chat client side had a habit of disconnecting but that was over 2 years ago and all I've heard recently is that it's gotten better and better since.

FlixFlix
09-01-2006, 02:36 AM
The drawback with Xfire is the same as with the All-Seeing-Eye:
You cannot join coop missions, and neither can you join online-wars. Just dogfight-servers.
Hence its not a choice for me.

S!,
I/JG78_Flix

rnzoli
09-01-2006, 04:01 AM
The drawback with Xfire is the same as with the All-Seeing-Eye:
You cannot join coop missions, and neither can you join online-wars. Just dogfight-servers.

I think you are wrong about ASE, because it allows joining coop missions, as long as they are launched with ASE, or reported as a new server to ASE. Case in point: my coop server can be joined via ASE wihout problem (I report it as a new server). But it is showing in a totally different folder than DF servers, and there are rarely any coops reported to ASE due to HL being the favourite coop launcher platform.

I can try to see what is the situation with XFire, but if the idea is to make only high-player servers visible to clients, that's a Catch 22, meaning that only those servers will show up in XFire, which are popular and well-attended through ASE or HL... so then WHY register anything on XFire? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

F19_Orheim
09-01-2006, 04:58 AM
well we gotta start somewhere.

Yahoo are ruining ASE, and after tons of forum threads on ASE forum, withiout any response.. there is only one thing to do, get them to understand that there are other prog around.. FOR FREE!

I will keep HL for the reason of coops and online wars, but I never did like how much juice HL demanded,
For DF i will use XFIRE for awhile, has a few nice threats, there is even voice communication built inhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

F19_Orheim
09-01-2006, 05:09 AM
and about registering,,, For all of those servers i fly in that is not listed (which are a few.. zeke's is there thank god, but strangely enough not Winds of War, which I dont fly any how), I add in Favourites

I right click on the server's line in ASE

choose "Copy to clipboard > Server adress (or just mark the server and press CTRL+C)

I right click IL2 tab in XFIRE, "add custom IP to Favourites"

So now I have all my servers In xfire, and if I have understood it all, if I enter them through XFIRE they will eventually end up in ALL list

TheGozr
09-01-2006, 12:09 PM
yes same as ASE..

rnzoli
09-10-2006, 10:14 AM
well, i tried to register my server in the past days but I realized that
- it never puts my server into the "All servers" list
- occasionally it takes a whooping 20-30% of CPU capacity for no apparent reason

my conclusion: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif (at least for now)