PDA

View Full Version : Tu-2 takeoff crash glitch?

Ba5tard5word
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I made a mission with some enemy Tu-2's that take off loaded with bombs. But when they power up their engines they immediately veer right on the landing strip, roll off the tarmac, and promptly explode. Without bombs they make a last-second hard left on the rudder and take off without exploding.

um, wtf?

Ba5tard5word
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I made a mission with some enemy Tu-2's that take off loaded with bombs. But when they power up their engines they immediately veer right on the landing strip, roll off the tarmac, and promptly explode. Without bombs they make a last-second hard left on the rudder and take off without exploding.

um, wtf?

TinyTim
08-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Yeah, Tu-2 is a real b!tch to takeoff. It has enormous asymetric thrust (surely it's a bug), so you have to manage your engines separately during takeoff. Try it yourself on a dogfight map, flying the plane from outside. Loaded with max loadout of 3xFAB1000 of course. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Taking off in a Yak-9B loaded up with a full load of PTABs is a walk in a park compared to Tu-2.

Ba5tard5word
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
alright well as long as it's not just my game...

JtD
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Maybe it helps if you reduce the amount of fuel to the minimum necessary and/or increase the skill of the pilots?