PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Assassins Creed so far?

Strykerdamus
12-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Feel free to tell us why
Please re-frame from spoilers, thank you.

SleezeRocker
12-17-2011, 06:45 PM
So far I like:
Assassisn's Creed 2- had the best WOW factor for me
Assassin's Creed Revelations- Awesome gameplay, story and charcaters
Assassin's Creed 1-The genesis of AC universe and had best graphics
Assassin's Creed brotherood- introduced Crossnow (useable), the brotherood command and multiplayer. though shorter of all platform games it's good 'Quick" AC game to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Vex_Assassin
12-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
So far I like:
Assassin's Creed brotherood- introduced Crossnow (useable), the brotherood command and multiplayer. though shorter of all platform games it's good 'Quick" AC game to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

this ^^

JumpInTheFire13
12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
AC2! When you say us, do you mean the whole Ubisoft team? Hopefully they see this and realize that there's a reason why 100% of the votes are for AC2

rileypoole1234
12-17-2011, 08:20 PM
AC1 and AC2 are closely tied for me. I love them both so much. AC1 was the game that first peaked my interest, and I have fond memories of theorising what the writing on that wall could mean. Great memories. AC2 though, that one floored me. I was blown away with that game so I have to vote for that. ACB and ACR are both very good, they just didn't make as much of an impact. I knew what was coming with ACB and ACR. with AC1 and 2, it was a completely new experience.

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 10:14 PM
ACII
ACI
ACB
ACR

ACR and ACB are kind of tied though.

EzioAssassin51
12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
When I say 'Revelations' you say random stuff about why I shouldn't like it and why it's a horrible game and other flame like that.

Revelations is my personal favourite, as it had a great story, good character development with more characters (please don't go all 'AC2 had better' on me) and great gameplay. TBH, I've liked each AC better than the last, even Brotherhood. While ACR may not have a longer story than AC2, and I admit AC2's story was a little better, mostly because it was longer, I still like ACR better.

You know, when you think about it, the only reason AC2 is getting better results is because the story is longer. Think, if AC2 was as short as B and R, would you still like it better? I'm not just judging off story, but gameplay, which ACR is superior to AC2 in IMO, especially with swordplay. AC2 did have an awesome and long story, but I think ACR also had an awesome story, though not as long, it didn't feel rushed and every moment felt like it counted.

So yeah
ACR
ACB
AC2
AC1

Don't take this list as me hating AC2 or 1 either, i loved those and please don't reply to this with flame or complaints or even general reasoning, I don't care.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - This game made me a huge fan on the franchise and it was the first I completed.

Assassins Creed II - Bought this after I finished ACB again was again very impressed.

Assassins Creed: Revelations - Meh.

Assassins Creed - Bought this in 2007 when it was released, found it very repetetive and got bored of it, the only one in the series I haven't completed.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 03:30 AM
EzioAssassin51

When I say 'Revelations' you say random stuff about why I shouldn't like it and why it's a horrible game and other flame like that.

Revelations is my personal favourite, as it had a great story, good character development with more characters (please don't go all 'AC2 had better' on me) and great gameplay. TBH, I've liked each AC better than the last, even Brotherhood.

You shouldn't have to defend why you like one better than what others choose - it's a poll for your personal favorite. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
You like what you like, they dislike what they dislike. To each their own.

I also agree w/ Mak. about ACB.

At this point, I have to say that ACR & ACB are tied for #1. I had SO much fun with the missions (not tedious, frustrating and lengthy), new bombs, hookblade/ziplines & new Recruiting system w/ Dens & Master Assassins that it really won me over.

Ezio's maturity was surprisingly refreshing to me too. I didn't expect to appreciate that at all.

Yes there are weaknesses in ACR - most of them you can affect by your own gameplay choices tho, but the negatives aren't enough to detract from the fun I had.

So,
ACR/ACB
ACII

What I liked about ACII is the mystery factor - I also liked the story. It had alot of emotional factor w/ Ezio... it showed Ezio's personal side more.

And I liked the whole Codex thing going on & I hope they add something like that in AC3.

Michelasso
12-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Revelations is my personal favourite, as it had a great story, good character development with more characters (please don't go all 'AC2 had better' on me) and great gameplay. TBH, I've liked each AC better than the last, even Brotherhood. While ACR may not have a longer story than AC2, and I admit AC2's story was a little better, mostly because it was longer, I still like ACR better.

You know, when you think about it, the only reason AC2 is getting better results is because the story is longer. Think, if AC2 was as short as B and R, would you still like it better? I'm not just judging off story, but gameplay, which ACR is superior to AC2 in IMO, especially with swordplay. AC2 did have an awesome and long story, but I think ACR also had an awesome story, though not as long, it didn't feel rushed and every moment felt like it counted.

Sorry, I belong to the ACR disappointed league. Only talking about locations:

ACII:
Florence
Monteriggioni
San Gimignano
the Apennine Mountains
Romagna region (Forlì)
Venice
The Vatican

ACR:
Masyaf (half recycled)
Constantinople
Cappadocia (a cave)

The same goes for characters development. AC II was (thankfully) never ending. Obviously ACR has a better fighting system. At least that has to be improved on each sequel, if Ubisoft doesn't want to be sliced in thousands pieces by reviewers.

Also… IF ACII was shorter? What about if AC II was worse, then? That's not a way to make a comparison. "I would be better looking than you if you were uglier"! haha. yeah, we know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Then in AC II all pieces of the story in the different cities fit perfectly. AC II is a Master Piece. In ACR Constantinople came out of nowhere, with a no interesting story that had little if not no relevance. ACR is just a way to milk money while waiting for the Gran Finale, which this time MUST be AC III. It could be entirely skipped adding the few "revelations" at the beginning of AC III. It's technical execution has been great, though. Especially on PS3, apart from some tearing.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 04:17 AM
I disagree that ACR is a useless token throw-in.

It wraps up the 2 Assassins that AC began with.
it is a closing and sets up the scene for AC3.

If anything, they could have spent the 2 years making one LONG game - combining ACB & ACR together & just did an age progression (sort of what they did in ACII where by the end, Ezio changed & looked older).
But that would be alot to put together in one game.

Either way, hind sight is always 20/20 isn't it. And even then, not everyone agrees.

With all that said, I'll say this, ACR wasn't going to be this huge divergence from its predecessor, ACB. The style should somewhat remain the same in Ezio's Trilogy.

It's AC3 that should have all the vast differences from ACB/ACR gameplay style imo.
What I think they had done was just added some new features into each and scaled some others back.
Some excellent, some not so excellent.

What I do appreciate is that with most of the changes, you have some control over their use.
If you hate bombs, great, don't use them. If you suck at Den Defense, great, get your dens locked & keep your awareness low.
So that was helpful. Some of it you just have to tolerate (as it with any game I've ever played).

lothario-da-be
12-18-2011, 04:57 AM
(i dont put them in the order i like them because every game of ezios trilogy had something i like more then the others i dont like ac1 that much)
assassins creed 2:the best and longest story
ac brotherhood:the best and most side missions , mounted enemies and some open space/countryside
ac revelations:the most beautifel city and best atmosphere,the best gameplay/gadegts and a bit harder combat

Gil_217
12-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Without a shadow of a doubt, Assassin’s Creed II. Best Assassin's Creed game for me. That game is absolutely beautiful, astonishing, and it had practically everything a video game must have. Interesting characters, diversity in the characters too, amazing character development, great graphics, beautiful cities ( Venezia is still my favorite city in AC), astounding story, emotion, longevity (Longest AC game), and, one of the most important things for me, the atmosphere of the game, Jesus Christ, I can't even describe that. I never felt so good playing a video game.

With this said, I must say that I love all the other games, AC1 is still the game that I completed more ( I completed that game like 6 or 7 times) and for me, one of the best things in AC 1 is undoubtedly the dialogs, they are absolutely amazing, the best in the AC series, and of course the combat in AC1 is still the best for me.

PS: I consider AC: Brotherhood a pretty underrated game.

playassassins1
12-18-2011, 05:11 AM
I choose Assassins Creed II/Assassins Creed Brotherhood ( I can't Choose one of them ). Because they had a great story and huge Cliffhangers at the end that made you think : WHAT THE HELL IS GONNA HAPPEN! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Thanks ProdiGurl, you are one of the few pure members left, but it's Michelasso's reply that makes me need to defend myself prior to replies.

Originally posted by Michelasso:
Sorry, I belong to the ACR disappointed league. Only talking about locations:

ACII:
Florence
Monteriggioni
San Gimignano
the Apennine Mountains
Romagna region (Forlì)
Venice
The Vatican

ACR:
Masyaf (half recycled)
Constantinople
Cappadocia (a cave)

The same goes for characters development. AC II was (thankfully) never ending. Obviously ACR has a better fighting system. At least that has to be improved on each sequel, if Ubisoft doesn't want to be sliced in thousands pieces by reviewers.

Also… IF ACII was shorter? What about if AC II was worse, then? That's not a way to make a comparison. "I would be better looking than you if you were uglier"! haha. yeah, we know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Then in AC II all pieces of the story in the different cities fit perfectly. AC II is a Master Piece. In ACR Constantinople came out of nowhere, with a no interesting story that had little if not no relevance. ACR is just a way to milk money while waiting for the Gran Finale, which this time MUST be AC III. It could be entirely skipped adding the few "revelations" at the beginning of AC III. It's technical execution has been great, though. Especially on PS3, apart from some tearing.

I remember saying I don't care about any replies and not to bother? but I will reply anyway, cause I'm a little bit dumb.

Constantinople is a big city and is very lively and awesome, I don't get what's so bad about that or the fact Cappadoccia is a cave? Cappadoccia has a very dark feeling to it, which is how it should feel. Besides, like i said, Constantinople is huge, bigger than quite a few (not all) of those cities combined.

You say that as though Ubisoft doesn't get slaughtered for gameplay changes already. And ACR also had some great character development, and probably as good as AC2 since there weren't as many characters to keep track of and drop, like AC2 might have at some points, as I've heard people complain.

I'm just saying that to prove a point and that's completely different, ugly to the length of a game. People bash ACB and ACR strongly for the length of the game, so i'm trying to make people think of that point.

So what, everything in AC2 didn't come out of nowhere? Like the entire setting of Italy? All of the plot points and twists? Ezio had a reason for going to Constantinople and there was an interesting story with relevance. Yes it was side to what Ezio had been doing in AC2 and B because he was done with that and now he wanted answers to questions he had unanswered.

I agree with ProdiGurl, I think ACR was very necessary. What, you think they should have had the Revelations in ACR at the start of AC3? Hey, let's have all of these revelations and big secrets told at the start of a game. A bit anti-climatic don't you think? Also, it would be stupid putting Ezio and a second ancestor in AC3.

But please, stop making me bag AC2, it's still a great game and one of my favourites, it's just I prefer ACR. I asked for you not to reply to this. Please, if you're going to express disappointment in that game, do it in another thread, not this one, aimed for people's personal opinions and not arguments/discussions over which is better.

Now please leave this post alone

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Mhm, my favourite, a difficult choice. Very difficult. I really can't give you a straight answer, so here's some sections:

Environment and Gameplay: Assassin's Creed Revelations. I love Ezio's costume (lacking armour), I love Constantinople more than any other Assassin's creed environment, and I love free running and assassinating guards more than ever before. I'm not complaining about lack of side missions, either. Why? Because free play feels like one massive side mission (in ACR particularly). Free play will keep me interested for a long time to come. I also love the combat and the selection of guards.

Storyline: Close between ACII and ACB but, it definitely has to be ACII. It felt so crisp, interesting, dramatic. The ACII storyline was what hooked me into this series; and I will forever love it.

Fun/Satisfaction: Assassin's Creed itself. One of the main down sides of Assassin's Creed, was of course, the repetitiveness and lack of 'action'. But this is what made me love it. Trialling, eave dropping, stalking.. Then finally the assassination. The satisfaction I got and still get from learning so much about my target, then ending his/her life silently and effectively.

Badass Feeling: Sorry; I had to put this one in. Because I LOVED ACB just for that truly epic feeling of being a badass. That white costume was epic; the cloak was epic; the assassin recruits (as first introduced) were epic; massacring the Castello was epic; the parachutes (as first introduced) were epic. 'Nuff said.

At the end of the day, ALL the games have their downsides and their pluses. In all the games they'll be aspects you love and aspects you don't. Choosing one would just be plain impossible for me particularly.

Michelasso
12-18-2011, 06:25 AM

I remember saying I don't care about any replies and not to bother? but I will reply anyway, cause I'm a little bit dumb.

[…]

Now please leave this post alone

What's this, the new generation attitude? People dictating when one can reply? Sorry, but I do exercise my free will.

People have all the rights to say that they prefer ACR for any (subjective) reason, but to say that ACR has better character and/or location development than ACII is totally out of reality. There was half Italian Renaissance in AC II, while in ACR there are just 4 historical guys, of which 3 are not even templars nor Assassins, other than to be two brothers and one son/nephew. Just one family.

Oh yeah, plus Sofia, who is actually unknown. The painting is about "A Venetian Lady" not Sofia Sartor (even if I don't deny she existed for real or that she could really be the lady in the painting. I couldn't find any reference, though).

I imagine that most people preferring ACR are Altair's fans. Nothing wrong with that (apart when AC II came out I've read complaints from people saying that Ezio was a… whatever while Altair was the real man). And I enjoyed playing again as Altair myself.

It is completely subjective that Constantinople is nicer or worse than Venice or Florence or Rome or anything else. It is a fact that it is small, though. I think even Venice, alone, is maybe bigger than Constantinople. At least it felt like that. For sure Constantinople is less diversified, without any real life event. That took away fun from the game.

Said that I am not trying to convince anyone that ACII is better (there's no need anyway, looking at the poll results). Some people prefer ACR? Fine. To me ACR has been a waste of money, it isn't worth the full price. Regarding having its few clues merged in either ACB or AC III, it was a perfectly reasonable request. Many of us (most?) despise the cliffhangers in very expensive games.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 07:15 AM
What's this, the new generation attitude? People dictating when one can reply? Sorry, but I do exercise my free will.

As forums go (at least the ones I've been active on over 10 years) it's forum etiquette to follow the request/wishes of the Thread Maker.

To disregard that is kinda rude imo.

It is completely subjective that Constantinople is nicer or worse than Venice or Florence or Rome or anything else.

Exactly the point - alot of people liked Rome the least and Rome's my very favorite so far.
Alot of people prefer the different cities in ACII instead of one large city grid -
I don't. I prefer one big one.

What ended up happening in ACII was that I disliked 2 areas very much - forli & the mountains, plus I had to go all around the outskirts & do the Viewpoints to make sure there were no Codex chests around.....
UGH.

The horses moved really oddly and the graphics weren't near as nice as ACB & ACR - Lucy's mouth was all messed up..........
But I love the game anyway

Again, to each their own. That's why people should be left alone to pick what they like about which game without haranguing from others.

Many of us (most?) despise the cliffhangers in very expensive games.

Easy remedy: buy it months later when they go cheaper, Rent it or buy used.

And ps. you're buying a heavily story-based Game series, what do you expect?

SixKeys
12-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
What ended up happening in ACII was that I disliked 2 areas very much - forli & the mountains, plus I had to go all around the outskirts & do the Viewpoints to make sure there were no Codex chests around.....
UGH.

Blasphemy! How can you dislike the mountains? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif That's one of my favorite locations in AC2, I love just riding around the countryside, watching day turn into night and what it does to the colors all around.

I voted for AC1, even though gameplay-wise ACB is probably the best. AC1 is the one I've finished the most times and still keeps me going back.

Riften
12-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Please tell me, I'd really love to know...how exactly does AC1 have the best graphics?

I haven't played ACR yet myself but ACB easily had the best graphics of the series.

My favorite? I can't really judge it yet until I get ACR but so far AC2.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-18-2011, 07:39 AM
I see a lot of people say AC2 was the longest yet I finished it in a day, AC:B took me about a week and AC:R a few days.

Noble6
12-18-2011, 07:44 AM
AC2 For sure. It was fresh and fun experience which was first to introduce renessannce Italy.

Originally posted by Riften:
Please tell me, I'd really love to know...how exactly does AC1 have the best graphics?

Well... It's matter of opinion. Graphics aren't just level of detail but also what kind of style was used. Some say that AC2/ACB/(ACR) had too cartoonish graphics compared to ac1. I personally disagree.

LightRey
12-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
I see a lot of people say AC2 was the longest yet I finished it in a day, AC:B took me about a week and AC:R a few days.
I think it really depends on the way you play through it. In general ACII takes the longest for me since I'm a completist and ACII has so much side stuff.

SixKeys
12-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Riften:

Perhaps not the best in terms of advanced, but there's a certain gritty realism to the AC1 graphics that the sequels lacked. In ACR, Altaïr's robes looked way too colorful and seemed to be made of thicker material. In AC1 the shadowing was more realistic, the colors were more muted and there was dust and wind blowing everywhere, creating a real sense of being in a hot, dry, Middle-Eastern environment.

BloodFencer900
12-18-2011, 09:23 AM
ACR was the best so far but i got to say that the first one was great because of the graphics on it.
I just like the fighting style on ACR.
the second AC i enjoyed it alot and even ACB.

But was disapoints me is how they mixed up the apple of eden bc ezio found it in AC2 and in ACB and now finds it again in revelations makes no sense at all so if anybody can tell me the thing about that.
It would be great to fing that out.

crash3
12-18-2011, 09:27 AM
As an all rounder, ACR is probably the best but there are still many aspects of AC2 and AC1 that need to be brought back into the AC games

biggest aspect of all I would say is actually tryng to follow the assassin's creed instead of just destroying everything in your way which ezio does in ACB/ACR

Animuses
12-18-2011, 11:28 AM
AC2
AC1
ACR
ACB

ACR and ACB are nearly tied for me.

LaCava1
12-18-2011, 02:06 PM
AC1
AC2

AC1 comes out on top, but it was a hard decision.

ACR
ACB

I felt as though ACB was lacking.

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Michelasso:

People have all the rights to say that they prefer ACR for any (subjective) reason, but to say that ACR has better character and/or location development than ACII is totally out of reality. There was half Italian Renaissance in AC II, while in ACR there are just 4 historical guys, of which 3 are not even templars nor Assassins, other than to be two brothers and one son/nephew. Just one family.

Oh yeah, plus Sofia, who is actually unknown. The painting is about "A Venetian Lady" not Sofia Sartor (even if I don't deny she existed for real or that she could really be the lady in the painting. I couldn't find any reference, though).

I imagine that most people preferring ACR are Altair's fans. Nothing wrong with that (apart when AC II came out I've read complaints from people saying that Ezio was a… whatever while Altair was the real man). And I enjoyed playing again as Altair myself.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just couldn't be bothered arguing since that is what this forum seems to see all the time now.

I didn't say it was the best, I said it was good. I still do prefer ACR though, but whatever, let's not worry about this anymore, it's out own personal opinions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I prefer Ezio just as a note http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Truemaster2011
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
ACB It is the most intersting part of the story to me spoilers in white
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">With ezio becoming grandmaster and waging war with the borgia and becoming a true master assassin it was all very amazing to me.</span>

failwheeldrive
12-19-2011, 01:52 AM
I really don't understand how AC1 can be the majority's favorite game. I played it in 2007, and quit after the third assassination. It was incredibly repetitive, tedious, and boring. It completely turned me off towards the series until I finally played AC2 earlier this year. That game floored me, and I've been hooked ever since. Honestly, every game has been a solid improvement on the last, so technically ACR is the best imo. However, I'm not sure if it's my favorite one so far... I've enjoyed the last three so much it's hard to pick one that really stands out.

edit: just wanted to add that I've since played through AC1 and enjoyed it. I still found it extremely flawed, but the AC fanboy in me saw through the repition and bad design decisions.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 03:29 AM
@ Failwheeldrive

I still haven't played AC1 and I'm thrilled w/ ACII - ACR. I love them all in different ways for different reasons.

It's interesting to read this different perspective on AC1. Everybody's has their personal taste in games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Michelasso
12-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just couldn't be bothered arguing since that is what this forum seems to see all the time now.

I didn't say it was the best, I said it was good. I still do prefer ACR though, but whatever, let's not worry about this anymore, it's out own personal opinions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I prefer Ezio just as a note http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Don't worry, no offense taken. I just found it strange that I've seen other people doing the same in other threads. It only happened in this forum. As long as people are polite they (we) have the right to express different opinions.

For example it is undeniable that AC:R has the best technical execution. It IS gorgeous and the tearing is acceptable. But personally I've found Constantinople plain boring. And since there is nearly only Constantinople… Also I replayes a couple of DNA sequences for the trophies. Even the game keeps saying that the Ottoman affair is NOT Ezio's business!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Michelasso
12-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Easy remedy: buy it months later when they go cheaper, Rent it or buy used.

And ps. you're buying a heavily story-based Game series, what do you expect?

Which is what I was doing. I bought this game for my brother. From Uk. Since Ubisoft is so lame that took out the Italian Voice Over I had to keep it. Which has been very cheap, thanks.

Regarding the heavily story-based games.. I played all Final Fantasy games. Most have exceptional stories in just one game. Does it really need to take 5 games to end up a story? Not even The Lord of the Rings!! And killing Lucy at the end of AC:B without explaining it in AC:R is called "backstabbing the fans". I've never seen anything like that not even on television series. A crucial plot point like that is always explained in the next episode, why in AC do we have to still wait? That's lame. We should hire an Assassin to make justice of the production team!

Limed_-
12-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought AC1 was truly amazing. I really enjoyed exploring every bit of land and climbing.. stuff. The vanilla game feel was just great. I found brotherhood boring after a while of playing, and the multiplayer was a bit messed up with alot of bugs. Ac2 was alright, although I was really excited when the trailer came out :P

Anyways, I'll put it in order

1) AC1
2) AC revelations
3) AcB and Ac2

luckyto
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Original Assassin's Creed, hands down. Followed closely by AC2.

More powerful rendering engine, better atmosphere, huge areas to free roam and the best combat of the series. AC2 has much better presentation and some huge improvements in mechanics in MOST areas, so it is a close second.

Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riften:

Perhaps not the best in terms of advanced, ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In terms of "advanced", AC1's graphics engine IS much more advanced than its sequels. It rendering software pushed systems to their brink, and that's why it locks up. They had to seriously scale back the graphics in AC2 and beyond - they basically rewrote the engine. ACR is the first reasonable step up since AC2; but it nowhere as good as AC1 technically.

just wanted to add that I've since played through AC1 and enjoyed it. I still found it extremely flawed, but the AC fanboy in me saw through the repition and bad design decisions.

I still think that simply the inclusion of fast travel and cutting Al Mualim's lecture and trip to Masyaf down to the beginning of each sequence (versus after each Assassination) would mitigate that complaint.

It is a truly valid point though, and the main flaw in AC1. Some see past it, other's don't. I play to free-roam; so for me, that is more important.

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I've been thinking long and hard about this. I think it comes down to ACB for me.
Lot's going on, several cities, horse to horse executions and fighting better than AC1's (although I didn't like them so much IN city), great story, lots of good upgrades, PIGEON COOPS, Desmond combat/platforming sequences.
And lets not forget the addition of MP, which is really a game within a game. Its very good and adds HOURS of replay, even if it does get old eventually.
Yeah, great value for money in ACB, probably why a lot are feeling a bit let down with ACR..content, content, content.

Yeah, its ACB I think. I love where the story is going, I enjoy ALL the episodes, and somehow, each one, seems to master certain aspects better than it's siblings.

I want them all on one disc so I can just jump between them super easy and do whatever I feel like at that moment.

lukaszep
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
So far I like:

This. (Except i didn't like the crossbow. bah humbug).

JumpInTheFire13
12-19-2011, 04:11 PM

UGH.

The horses moved really oddly and the graphics weren't near as nice as ACB & ACR - Lucy's mouth was all messed up..........

Again, to each their own. That's why people should be left alone to pick what they like about which game without haranguing from others.

Of course the graphics are going to be better in a later release! You baked bro?

And going around and getting viewpoints in AC2 is awesome though! Especially in Tuscany and Romagna. It allows you to witness the entire area.

Personally I think when people start a new game series, they should play the FIRST game FIRST, because then you'd know where everybody else is coming from. AC2 was already release when I got into the series but I bought and played AC1 first.

I think (just thought/speculation) that you like
Revelations so much because you're more interested in gameplay and graphics, since you started out with Brotherhood, while most of us like AC1 and AC2 better because after that, the series lost its "it" factor that other people have talked about.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

UGH.

Of course the graphics are going to be better in a later release! You baked bro?

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Um no, I'm not baked, that was my opinion whether or not graphics get better or not is irrelevant.</span>

And going around and getting viewpoints in AC2 is awesome though! Especially in Tuscany and Romagna. It allows you to witness the entire area.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">To someone who dislikes a certain city/area, it's not pleasant.
In fact, I'm not a site seer type of gamer at all either. Yes I appreciate graphics since digital graphics have been a hobby of mine for years but...
I hated all the swampy water in Forli, the Mts. felt yucky to me (nothing to do either) & Tuscany felt cold & damp - lots of stone... just not anything I liked. I LOVED Florence & Venice.</span>

Personally I think when people start a new game series, they should play the FIRST game FIRST, because then you'd know where everybody else is coming from. AC2 was already release when I got into the series but I bought and played AC1 first.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm very financially limited, the games I get are what I can afford, when I can afford them. If I had play money, I'd have a whole lot more. AC is not on the top of my list when I have lists of other newer games on my wish list.

I only got ACB bcuz of a friend, it was still the newest AC out at the time & I could afford it. AC1 also had reviews of being overly repetitive etc. Instead of AC1, I went & got ACII for Ezio's backstory. I also ordered other games at that time, I think it was Batman Ark. Asylum.
</span>

I think (just thought/speculation) that you like
Revelations so much because you're more interested in gameplay and graphics, since you started out with Brotherhood, while most of us like AC1 and AC2 better because after that, the series lost its "it" factor that other people have talked about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">That's sort of been my opinion as games go. I think opinions sometimes are based on what you started with.
I liked Ezio when he was older, I loved Rome & the soundtrack with it, missions were very challenging & loved the Recruiting system & kill streak.
But like I said, ACII was great too. I like other things about it more than ACB & vice versa</span>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

B_Crispino
12-19-2011, 05:22 PM
AC2, of course... i actually played it before playing AC1... and was just "GOOD GOD!". i had never played such a deep, beautiful, lasting game... i could spend hour just walking on the streets of firenze or rinding a gondola in venezia... just magnific... I played AC1 then, mostly for the story, but to know the cities as well... and it was awesome, i guess... but it didnt have the same feeling as 2. Maybe because I played it after knowing the mechanics... but I dont think so... I just bought AC2 (I've rented it) and I'm loving it all over again...

richterthiago
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Definitely AC2. It's pure brilliance!
The story is so compelling, filled with character, mystery and a sense of 'something-bigger-is-going-on' and the whole conspiracy thing is AMAZING. It is by far my favorite. The characters are all great too! Well, I could go on, but I'd be writing here forever.
Second would be ACB, tied up with AC1.
And then ACR, since story is REALLY important for me, and I wasn't all that hooked by ACB's.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
i could spend hour just walking on the streets of firenze or rinding a gondola in venezia... just magnific...

In that other thread 'list best & worst of each AC', this was one of the things I mentioned as a best of ACII.

I enjoyed that little extra - and I loved how when I jumped onto one that a guy was using, he'd scream & jump off. lol

That water was really kool too - a kool color & sparkly. Loved that.

FrankieSatt
12-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Assassins Creed 2.

AC1 was good, but not as great as 2.

Brotherhood and now Revelations seem to be AC2 with nothing really new added but a different story line and a few toys that really don't do a whole lot.

I'm hoping that AC3 is far different.

Lass4r
12-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Assassins Creed 2. Easily. The epic scale of this game is just amazing. Just as you think the game is concluding you're introduced to the best city in the series! The DLC solution of extra sequences was also genius.

I would say Brotherhood and Revelations combined added the same amount of innovation as AC2 did. Which means they're all brilliant, but AC2 kicks them all out of the ballpark.

AC1 was the introduction, but the fact that you couldn't air assassinate, poison, use assassin recruits etc. makes it a rather linear and repetitive game. The setting was fantastic and it was still fun though. When the first game of the series is the worst you know the Devs care.

misterB2001
12-20-2011, 07:01 AM
AC2 without a shadow of doubt.

I gave up on AC1 less than half way through because it was boring. Only the epicness of the AC2 trailer persuaded me to try the series again, and WOW, im glad i did. AC2 was simply epic. It made me go back to AC1 and finish it, which im glad i did as AC1 picks up drastically towards the end.

And as for the ending of AC2........WTF indeed!

JumpInTheFire13
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Gil_217:
Without a shadow of a doubt, Assassin’s Creed II. Best Assassin's Creed game for me. That game is absolutely beautiful, astonishing, and it had practically everything a video game must have. Interesting characters, diversity in the characters too, amazing character development, great graphics, beautiful cities ( Venezia is still my favorite city in AC), astounding story, emotion, longevity (Longest AC game), and, one of the most important things for me, the atmosphere of the game, Jesus Christ, I can't even describe that. I never felt so good playing a video game.

With this said, I must say that I love all the other games, AC1 is still the game that I completed more ( I completed that game like 6 or 7 times) and for me, one of the best things in AC 1 is undoubtedly the dialogs, they are absolutely amazing, the best in the AC series, and of course the combat in AC1 is still the best for me.

PS: I consider AC: Brotherhood a pretty underrated game.

How'd you read my mind?! I totally agree. I'm a bit dissapointed that Brotherhood was the least voted for on this poll.

JumpInTheFire13
12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
I've been thinking long and hard about this. I think it comes down to ACB for me.
Lot's going on, several cities, horse to horse executions and fighting better than AC1's (although I didn't like them so much IN city), great story, lots of good upgrades, PIGEON COOPS, Desmond combat/platforming sequences.
And lets not forget the addition of MP, which is really a game within a game. Its very good and adds HOURS of replay, even if it does get old eventually.
Yeah, great value for money in ACB, probably why a lot are feeling a bit let down with ACR..content, content, content.

Yeah, its ACB I think. I love where the story is going, I enjoy ALL the episodes, and somehow, each one, seems to master certain aspects better than it's siblings.

I want them all on one disc so I can just jump between them super easy and do whatever I feel like at that moment.

Brotherhood had several cities? Maybe I missed that, but since I have 100% completion I highly doubt that.

SoUthDagg3r
12-24-2014, 11:21 AM

ac 2 absolutely the way it gives u opportunity to customise Ezio was exciting and the story was dramatic through my eyes

ze_topazio
12-24-2014, 12:59 PM
http://www.catholicmessenger.net/wp-content/uploads/articles/2009/11/17/diocesan_news/doc4af1d25954230501901488.jpg

phoenix-force411
12-24-2014, 02:11 PM
ACII
ACRevelations
ACIII
ACRogue
AC1
ACIV
ACB

ACB has got to be the most overrated game ever.

Aphex_Tim
12-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Looks like we've got a Necromancer on our hands... Summon the White Council!

EmbodyingSeven5
12-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Looks like we've got a Necromancer on our hands... Summon the White Council!

lol. just read through the thread and almost everyone agrees with AC2

GunnerGalactico
12-24-2014, 03:53 PM
lol. just read through the thread and almost everyone agrees with AC2

That's because this thread was made back then in 2011

EmbodyingSeven5
12-24-2014, 04:05 PM
That's because this thread was made back then in 2011

I just thought it was funny how drastically opinions changed

RinoTheBouncer
12-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Definitely ACII. It’s the game that had the wheels of the lore going. It’s not just Ezio and his sexiness, it’s everything from Clay’s story to modern day to First Civ. to everything. It was the beginning of a wonderful trilogy.

ze_topazio
12-24-2014, 05:43 PM
I just thought it was funny how drastically opinions changed

It's not that people changed their opinion, it's more that most of those old members left the forum and a large quantity of AC3 lovers and Ezio trilogy naysayers took over.

Assassin_M
12-24-2014, 05:51 PM
It's not that people changed their opinion, it's more that most of those old members left the forum and a large quantity of AC3 lovers and Ezio trilogy naysayers took over.
Says the guy whose join date is 2012

I'm not new, my son.

ze_topazio
12-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Says the guy whose join date is 2012

I'm not new, my son.

I'm not talking about you. :cool:

I still remember some of them when I started lurking around here when the first rumors of Revelations start appearing.

Assassin_M
12-24-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm not talking about you. :cool:

I still remember some of them when I started lurking around here when the first rumors of Revelations start appearing.
Sunglasses Jabroni

Yeah, I went through it too and I remember a lot of the guys. Lukaszp seems to have gone dark and never came back...he's been dark since before AC III's release....guess the disappointment was hard to handle.

Namikaze_17
12-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I love being a Naysayer... :cool: