PDA

View Full Version : Do335 A1 cockpit finished



Atzebrueck
12-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Please follow the link if you are interested in pictures http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif:

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=59010161&f=388104122&m=7531044552

Gibbage1
12-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Again, I am very impressed with your work. Great job! When I first modeled the Do-335, I never thought it would be flyabe.

I was talking to Oleg about the Do-335 and its FM. For anyone who thinks that this will be a dogfighter, you will be greatly disappointed! Yes, it was fast. But nimble it was NOT.

Vladimir_No2
12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
The cockpit looks lovely. I hope that it gets into the game as it would be a tragedy for such work to go to waste...

S.taibanzai
12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
Nice job Atze


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Atzebrueck
12-22-2004, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gibbage1:
Again, I am very impressed with your work. Great job! When I first modeled the Do-335, I never thought it would be flyabe.

I was talking to Oleg about the Do-335 and its FM. For anyone who thinks that this will be a dogfighter, you will be greatly disappointed! Yes, it was fast. But nimble it was NOT. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From my knowledge its handling should be comparable to the 190 with the exception of the rollrate being slower, I guess. So, it won't be a good dogfighter, but should be a very good hit and run fighter.
At least the wingloading and powerloading are quite the same as that of the D9. The weight and PS should give it a formidable zoomclimb.
And the highspeedhandling should be good, too: it has been designed for being fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. The stick featured two gears, one for high and one for normal speed.

VW-IceFire
12-22-2004, 04:39 PM
So FW190 pilots will be at home in the Do-335 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PraetorHonoris
12-22-2004, 04:50 PM
And they'll probably leave the Fw190 in favour of the Do335... if it does not get banned on every server.

Willey
12-22-2004, 04:59 PM
OK where's the external then http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/3.gif

heywooood
12-22-2004, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PraetorHonoris:
And they'll probably leave the Fw190 in favour of the Do335... if it does not get banned on every server. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



hmmmm...replacing one cockpit bar with many....
kinda makes all that cryin' seem sorta needless.

LeadSpitter_
12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
pit looks really well made, not the best in game but up there. Another plane to ban online that looks excellent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wish some of the essential ac were flyable of this quality and many ai. But I guess you have to really enjoy the ac to spend that much time modeling and texturing it.

Whens haddocks next plane coming out and what will the do335 pit modeler choose next http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p1ngu666
12-22-2004, 08:17 PM
should do 410, so ppl stop asking me about it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

p1ngu666
12-22-2004, 08:17 PM
and yes, its lovely, a lw fliers wet dream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

HayateAce
12-22-2004, 08:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
and yes, its lovely, a lw fliers wet dream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, pingu about to hit teh 6k post alt.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

J_Weaver
12-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Thats great!!!!!Good Work!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Red_Russian13
12-22-2004, 09:06 PM
That cockpit looks great. Hope to see it up close and personal. Thanks for the work!

Wolf-Strike
12-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Outstanding work,3D and textures!!!!

Its almost matching what oleg has shown for the Spit cockpit in BOB.Thanks for all your efforthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

p1ngu666
12-22-2004, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
and yes, its lovely, a lw fliers wet dream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, pingu about to hit teh 6k post alt.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

wayno7777
12-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Pretty please for the 410! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ImpStarDuece
12-22-2004, 11:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atzebrueck:

From my knowledge its handling should be comparable to the 190 with the exception of the rollrate being slower, I guess. So, it won't be a good dogfighter, but should be a very good hit and run fighter.
At least the wingloading and powerloading are quite the same as that of the D9. The weight and PS should give it a formidable zoomclimb.
And the highspeedhandling should be good, too: it has been designed for being fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. The stick featured two gears, one for high and one for normal speed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reich test pilots were supposedly very ethusiastic about the turning abilities and accleration of the 335. I dont know what it is comparable to but it should probably turn better than any other twin engined bird in the game.

However, didn't the pfiel experiance some high spped control and handeling issues? Even in level flight?

I seem to remember comments made to teh affect that it 'porpoised' at speed (ie made an undulating up and down motion) and also experianced 'corkscrewing' or 'snaking' (side to side instability) as well, again at high speed?

Anyone got any good 335 flight data?

WTE_Ibis
12-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Man that looks like a lot of work
Sehr gute arbeit mein freund.
I sure hope it makes it into the sim
Cheers und froehliche Weinachten.
Ibis.

TX-Gunslinger
12-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Atze, absolutely outstanding work. It is people like you that make this community worth hanging around.

I can't thank you enough. I admire your talent.

S~

crazyivan1970
12-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Very nice!

LEXX_Luthor
12-23-2004, 12:48 AM
aussum Aussum AUSSUM! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Atze

Atze, you are smart to pick the one and only "fantasy" plane that has Cult Status among western gamers.

They all Whine over MiG~3U, I~185, YP~80, but give their Cult Idol a free pass, not that there is anything wrong with that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Vipez-
12-23-2004, 03:22 AM
brilliant! Imo ME-262 allways had the best quality in the cockpits in this sim, this seems like comparable to 262..

Nice work! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

hotspace
12-23-2004, 03:26 AM
Very, very nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Hot Space

volkware.xyz
12-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Looks great. So my next question is, when might a bonus content patch for FB/Aces be released with this plane in it?...

P.S.: Can this model double for the Pfeil Zerstorer (3 30s and 2 20s) as well?

Jaws2002
12-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Great job Atze!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Awssum!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warlok_0:
Looks great. So my next question is, when might a bonus content patch for FB/Aces be released with this plane in it?...

P.S.: Can this model double for the Pfeil Zerstorer (3 30s and 2 20s) as well? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much more firepower do you need? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Isn't 2x Mg151/15mm + 1X Mk103 enough. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PS. or you maybe want a cockpit for the one in my sig? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

volkware.xyz
12-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Hey, those were the plans...

In my book you can never have too many guns - if I luck out and get a decent shot at the enemy, I want that shot to count!

Hawgdog
12-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey, did the 335 see as much combat as the 109Z?
I'm just saying-

PraetorHonoris
12-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Much more than the YP80 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The Do335 was in production, but had a low priority due to the jet production and the J√¬§gernotprogramm. Moreover Daimler-Benz had problems to deliver the engines.
In Total 37 Do335 were produced, 10 Do335 A0 ("A0" = pre serial production aircraft) operated already in September 44 with the Erprobungskommando 335.
At the same time, the first Do335 A1 from serial production was presented in Oberpfaffenhofen, where the Do335 were produced.
They were also flown in combat with allied fighters. The most famous being the interception of Pierre Closterman's Tempest V.
When US-troops reached the fabric later they found 9 A1, 4 A2, 2 A12.
70 other Do335 were waiting for the final assembly.

But I think, Atze can tell you more...

AtorianPaladin
12-25-2004, 07:44 PM
well, in Microsoft Combat Flight sim 3, the Do-335 had a bombay that ordinance would go in. It would not be maneuverable, because of the two engines, but fast.

Also, it had an ejectore seat, much like the He-162 or GO-229, so the pilot could get clear of the rear prop.

I think it had an ejector seat, either that or the tail had some explosives in it, yeah, the top tail and prop was blow offf.

If i still had MS CFS3, id check, because after all, the game was good for that one thing.

GT182
12-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Beautiful job Atze. If I didn't know any better, I think it was the real thing.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RedDeth....
12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
very cool. just posting on a new callsign before targ rebans me for no reason.

Aaron_GT
12-26-2004, 02:14 AM
The cockpit looks great, but I wish it was of the He 219 or a Ju88 C series plane. Something that actually saw significant service rather than another late war barely-flew wonder. There are so many Axis planes that people have been working on which deserve to get priority. Stuff that saw action.

Aaron_GT
12-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Ok, they did see action, but very little, less than the F4U-4, for example.

GR142-Pipper
12-26-2004, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atzebrueck:
Please follow the link if you are interested in pictures http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif:

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=59010161&f=388104122&m=7531044552 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Very nice work Atzebrueck. Well done!

GR142-Pipper