PDA

View Full Version : top performance!!

Triggerappy
10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
wassup y'all im new.. first off im gona get forgotten battles for a woppin 7.99 what CPU do i need to Top performance ang graphics on this game.

cheers!!

Triggerappy

1.JaVA_Razer
10-17-2004, 01:02 PM
AMD 2500+
512MB RAM AT LEAST
and a ATI 9800PRo is advicable or a comparable system like a P4 2.4 Ghtz, and a FX 5900.

one of both will run IL2 very well, but for perfect settings you need to run under OpenGL.

FI-Aflak
10-17-2004, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Triggerappy:
wassup y'all im new.. first off im gona get forgotten battles for a woppin 7.99 what CPU do i need to Top performance ang graphics on this game.

cheers!!

Triggerappy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

top performance, eh?

AMD 64 socket 939 3200+
nVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E
3gig DDR RAM

but you will be fine on anything 1.5 ghz and up, with a gfx card with 64 meg vRAM. RAM is important, try to get at least 512 mb of it.

You just won't be able to turn everything on.

ploughman
10-17-2004, 01:24 PM
I've a 1.5Mhz P4, a GeForce FX5200 128mb graphics card (apparrently not that brilliant a card) and 512mb of RAM. I run graphics at Excellent with no problems (perfect is out of the question, thing grinds to a halt immediately). Things slow down very quickly if there's more than 10 planes visible on screen and some of them are exploding but that's not really that big a deal, I just avoid running lots of aircraft at once. I'm going to get some more RAM for PF as it's cheap at the price, but I'm basically hamstrung by my CPU, I can't really upgrade it as the mother-board wont' take an up to date chip so I may build my own rig next year.

LStarosta
10-17-2004, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:
I've a 1.5Mhz P4, a GeForce FX5200 128mb graphics card (apparrently not that brilliant a card) and 512mb of RAM. I run graphics at Excellent with no problems (perfect is out of the question, thing grinds to a halt immediately). Things slow down very quickly if there's more than 10 planes visible on screen and some of them are exploding but that's not really that big a deal, I just avoid running lots of aircraft at once. I'm going to get some more RAM for PF as it's cheap at the price, but I'm basically hamstrung by my CPU, I can't really upgrade it as the mother-board wont' take an up to date chip so I may build my own rig next year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the same boat as you, buddy, except I have a GeForce FX5600 w/ 256MB RAM, and it's not that good either. My Mutha is the bottleneck. My good friend JG7_Rall has the same card, on a nice maybe year-old Alienware and it r0xx0rz his b0xx0rz, so go figure.

JG54_Arnie
10-17-2004, 02:22 PM
yes, high end videocards eat a lot of processing power ( for now, untill the Graphics card takes over ). So you're better of running a fast CPU and a little older videocard actually. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I can run perfect with a PIV 2.4 Ghz, 1Gig of ddr ram and a Ti4200. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Its running just on the edge though, getting 25-28 fps average. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Triggerappy
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
ohhh **** i just forund out iv got an almost identical username any help on changin or.... the original trigggerhappy im sooo sorry.

Obi_Kwiet
10-18-2004, 02:15 PM
To run it, not a whole lot. At top settings, an Athlon 64 3800+, a 6800 Ultra, and 1.5 gigs of RAM. That'll be about 1500$ Not to mention the rest of the PC to support it.