PDA

View Full Version : speed??

fordfan25
03-14-2004, 08:27 PM
im have truble geting fighters to go as fast as thayr suposed to go all of them. 1 example is iv heard that the p38 could go over 400mph but in game on the speedomiter in the cocpit i can only get it to about 350 and thats in a dive. i have complex engine mang., overheat and such turned off.the speed bar in red on the bottem left of the screen will read 540. is this normale or am i doing something wrong?

fordfan25
03-14-2004, 08:27 PM
im have truble geting fighters to go as fast as thayr suposed to go all of them. 1 example is iv heard that the p38 could go over 400mph but in game on the speedomiter in the cocpit i can only get it to about 350 and thats in a dive. i have complex engine mang., overheat and such turned off.the speed bar in red on the bottem left of the screen will read 540. is this normale or am i doing something wrong?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-14-2004, 08:48 PM
These results come from full realistic settings. A lot of factors are at work here, sea level speed is different from altitude speed. If you at a higher alt. the red speed bar is going to be different from the cockpit instrument. All speeds are level flights and alt. flights,you have to look at what alt. the top speed was set, if superchargers were used(probably)and the RPM setting of the motor. Easy settings won't get these results most of the time because you are limited on what you can do to the engine.

"He went like this, we went like that, I called to Hollywood 'Were'd he go?', Hollywood called back, 'Were'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

mike_espo
03-14-2004, 09:27 PM
You are seeing indicated airspeed. It is different from true airspeed. Go to cockpit off and you will get true airspeed. Check speed then.

fordfan25
03-14-2004, 09:35 PM
ill give that a try thanks