PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up an X52

nvrsummer2
05-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Sorry if this is somewhere else, but I couldnt find any related posts..

I am trying to use the software that came with my Saitek X52. I'd like to program it so that I can use all three modes. Therefore gaining use of more buttons.

I just dont understand the software and how to program it. Does anyone use this stick and software? Can you help me understand it??

Im lost!

\\Chris

Sooocool
05-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Cris, first go to Saitek.com where you can download and install the latest driver.
Then, install SST Programming Software. This will include things like “Magic Mouse” and the like which will enable you to make your own profiles. There will be a PDF manual for instructions.
It will be a little confusing at first, take a break if you get frustrated but you’ll figure it out, and once you get it, you’ll find it easy. Good luck.

Tully__
05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Also read the full SST manual (not the dinky little quickstart manual that comes in the box, the full one). It doesn't come with the stick (or at least didn't with mine) but is available at http://www.saitek.com/manuals/SST_Manual_En.pdf
It's actually pretty well written and clear for this type of product, you should find it useful.

il2battle
05-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey.

Like Sooocool said, get the latest driver and SST software first (224mt), especially if you have 64bit windows. Original program ain't work with win7 64bit, atleast not for me.

Now first thing to do is add every command in game, what you need/want to control with your stick and throttle and make a note about them (write them down).

Then open "Profile Editor" from SST software.

Select your control, if not selected automatically.

Now if you use the programming mode, where there is a picture of your control, you can just click the button you want to program from stick or throttle picture and it show up which button you have selected (like light on it).

Now click the one which have light up and it ask what keyboard button you want that joystick button to use.

Hit the keyboard button and click the accept (green mark).

Now it ask name for that button. Write it if you want and hit the enter (you can see the button name in your throttle window when you use it).

Do the same every joystick buttons you want and remember switch the modes (in program). Notice that first keyboard button you program been default with every mode, if you don't change it, in that joystick button.

Finally hit the save button and name your profile.

Now click the control icon in your taskbar (where the clock and date is) and select your profile, it shows up in your throttle window. You need to do this everytime you have boot your pc and want to use the joystick.

In editor program has test too, to see that everything work and you can use the programming mode without picture to see that every stick mode has the commands you have plan to be.
In every box has arrow too, which open the list of your commands (name what you have give) and other programming modes for that button. So you can easily copy your commands to other buttons, if needed.

Important thing been too, that you already have been planned, what button and mode you want to use to do what you want. Something like -mode3 preflight -mode2 takeoff/landing -mode1 fly/combat, so every mode has commands you need to do something, but ain't have commands you didn't need, like with modes3&2 you can't use guns or prop bombs and things like that.

Hope this helps and I didn't forget anything important.

Stiletto-
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM
It might take a couple hours to program it, but when you do and get it congig'd to your liking, you will never be able to go back to a joystick with only a few buttons.

DD_crash
05-30-2010, 05:57 AM
I think that there a videos of how to use the software on the saitek forum. HERE (http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=12116) You might need to register to access.

nvrsummer2
05-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank you everyone... I figured it out thanks to all of your suggestions. Just so many buttons its hard to remember which ones I programed where. Gotta type them up as I go!!

RaceguyOSU
05-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey nvrsummer2.

I have a X52 and created a chart to note what each button controls.

Grab it from the link below.

Ed

http://www.ohioraceguy.com/IL2_1946.html

miatacol
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
My one piece of advice for the X52 is to leave all the keys the same in the IL2 software and have the SST software map to those pre-defined keys. In other words, don't go into IL2 and click a button to assign it, use the defaults.

If you need a profile, I can upload mine which uses all the defaults plus a few axis'.