PDA

View Full Version : Hey, im looking for a good ONLINE flight combat sim...

geezauk
04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
have i come to the right place? i have battlefield 1942 which i play mainly for the flight combat because i love it, so im looking for a flight combat game that has good online action, with lots of players and little lag, have i come to the right place?
I was kinda thinking along the lines of modern planes, and if ya know a good modern flight game that is like what i described can ya point me in the right directioN?
cheers
ewaf

geezauk
04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
have i come to the right place? i have battlefield 1942 which i play mainly for the flight combat because i love it, so im looking for a flight combat game that has good online action, with lots of players and little lag, have i come to the right place?
I was kinda thinking along the lines of modern planes, and if ya know a good modern flight game that is like what i described can ya point me in the right directioN?
cheers
ewaf

Bearcat99
04-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Im no jet jock myself but if you want a good prop sim this is the place. Hit the Essentials link in my sig and download Hyperlobby. Go to the store ASAP and get the Forgotten Battles GOLD pack if you can.. if you cant find that then get Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion pack.... then get Pacific Fighters.

FoolTrottel
04-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi, and welcome!

If I remember correctly, I've once played Battlefield 1942, and jumped into a Spit, and 'flew' ... but it was something somewhat different from this IL2-thing... this IL2-thing is more a sim than a game, compared to BF 1942.

There's no jumping-into-a-spit-and-fly in IL2.
First you'll need to get yer plane into the air (also know as take-off procedure)
Next... flying... combat ... well, just try...

There's some fantastic online action with Il2. Really great. Great choice of prop planes. Great variety in game/difficulty setup. Great fun!
(Oh yeah, be prepared to get hit and shot down and bail a lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I still do, and it still is a lot of fun)

And, all that what Bearcat said....

(My secret tip, get a nowadays very cheap copy of IL2 Sturmovik (the Original!) and just try it out offline, if you like it just a little bit, then get the full pack (Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fifghters), and join the battle via Hyperlobby...

Visit these forums when having questions or troubles... lot's of ppl will help...

(Oh, and it is a very good flight sim, though it aint modern, it's lot's of fun, and it's looks like it's gonna stay that way for quite some time!)

Have Fun!

SweetMonkeyLuv
04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geezauk:
cheers
ewaf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be warned...Battlefield is more like a flight action game....the IL2 series is flight simulation. There's world of difference.

geezauk
04-09-2005, 03:30 AM
thanks for help,
are there any flight action sims around that are online then?
Ewaf

tigertalon
04-09-2005, 03:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geezauk:
thanks for help,
Ewaf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ewaf, wellcome aboard

Indeed, Il2 is as realistic sim as it gets... Nevertheless, you have many many difficulty settings to turn on or off, and you can find servers with almost any combination of these (like cockpit, stalls/spins, external views, complex engine management, etc etc ON or OFF).

There is more servers that tend towards realistic settings however. With Il2, a large knowledge about WW2 aircombat comes in package. Before you shoot down your first opponent, you will have to learn a lot, airplane speed, alt, turn curves, learn advantages of some planes over the others etc. etc. You do that, and you will learn fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

If you can, borrow it somewhere, try it, and see. But do not expect to jump onto a server and blast around...

But, about other aciton sims, ... have no idea.

-HH-Quazi
04-09-2005, 04:35 AM
thanks for help,
Ewaf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are looking for an online arcade mode, you might want to try Aces High out. It looks arcadish from the tv promos. No one here runs arcade settings in their online servers. The game has these type of settings for offline play. And if you wanted to start a server with those settings you could, but I doubt you would get any visitors. This game is geared towards the more serious simmer/gamer. You will find it hard to jump from one plane to another as this sim displays real world flight characteristics/models of each aircraft. Only the best fly at Hyperlobby and with this game. There is no other place on the WorldWideWeb to find the best WWII virtual pilots. This sim and HyperLobby are the best in the world. That is a real bold statement, but it is a virtual fact imho. So if you aren't interested in a real flight sim and flying against and with the best in the world, this game probab;y isn't for you. But if you are interested in thise things, welcome to our community.

geezauk
04-09-2005, 07:59 AM
well, i jus want a fast paced online flight combat ganme, where theres clan wars and stuff.
thanks for your help
ewaf

Monty_Thrud
04-09-2005, 10:33 AM
If its the best combat flight sim your looking for, then this is the one...trust me

VW-IceFire
04-09-2005, 10:37 AM
well, i jus want a fast paced online flight combat ganme, where theres clan wars and stuff.
thanks for your help
ewaf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We've got that for sure.

BuzzU
04-09-2005, 10:42 AM
thanks for your help
ewaf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sim has all the action you could ask for. The difference between this and BF42 is you'll have to learn how to fly with this one. If you're looking for air quake, this probably isn't a good choice. What is it you don't like about BF42?

geezauk
04-09-2005, 11:30 AM
well the flight combat in BF1942 is great, but i want a game dedicated to flight combat, Aces High looks great, a MMOG flight combat. im gonna try it

Thanks

Ewaf