PDA

View Full Version : AI Wingmen and Anti-aircraft gunners

turnipkiller
08-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Will it be possible, if not in PF but for the future BOB, to be able to order single wingmen with the Wingman Orders menu? For example, we can tell the entire section to return to base, but not number 4 specifically, which would be handy when he has lost a good chunk of his wing but insists on keeping up the fight.
Also, perhaps they won't break when enemy aircraft are spotted, until given that order by the player?

As for the AA gunners, I have been shot down many times by my own AA which is frustrating to say the least. I read a debriefing report of Sailor Malan during the BOB, and in it he stated that he was engaging an enemy a/c. He flashed his downward recognition lamp, and the AA stopped so he could engage safely. Perhaps something similar could be made for this game or BOB, where flashing a light could tell AA to stop, or it would just stop automatically when friendly a/c are in the area? Thanks.

turnipkiller
08-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Will it be possible, if not in PF but for the future BOB, to be able to order single wingmen with the Wingman Orders menu? For example, we can tell the entire section to return to base, but not number 4 specifically, which would be handy when he has lost a good chunk of his wing but insists on keeping up the fight.
Also, perhaps they won't break when enemy aircraft are spotted, until given that order by the player?

As for the AA gunners, I have been shot down many times by my own AA which is frustrating to say the least. I read a debriefing report of Sailor Malan during the BOB, and in it he stated that he was engaging an enemy a/c. He flashed his downward recognition lamp, and the AA stopped so he could engage safely. Perhaps something similar could be made for this game or BOB, where flashing a light could tell AA to stop, or it would just stop automatically when friendly a/c are in the area? Thanks.