PDA

View Full Version : The new DLC

Simont1981
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
This has probably been posted countless times before, this post may even be deleted, but I paid £45 for this game new, so feel that I have a right to voice my opinion; if you donít fancy reading another missing content post then you may as well hit Ďbackí now.

Anyway, yes, this post is about the missing chapters from the game Ė frankly I find it an utter joke that the game was released with missing story, and even more flabbergasted that the developer then states that to release them at a later date without charging wouldnít be fair on the team (or words to that affect).

I have just seen that the DLC for chapter 12 has been released to PSN, costing a little over £3, assuming that the other missing chapter will also be priced the same, the total cost for the game to me is over £50. Now, itís not the overall cost that gets me, but the fact that these are missing chapters from the story Ė it seems like a total no-brained decision to cut them from the game, as the story for me lost all fluidity; one minute Iím fighting the guy Iíve been after, the next Iím years down the line as if Iíve awoken from a coma!

I think it would have been far better, and acceptable to true fans, if the story had simply been shortened to 12 chapters and the DLC coming out now is for extra stuff after the event; as I personally have no interest in seeing chapters 12 and 13 though, as I know the outcome of the story now! I bet the team behind this game would have loved to release the full package from day one, but this was probably a management decision, as it has hallmarks of a bad idea.

I feel Iím ranting a bit now and going off on a tangent somewhat, but Iím very unhappy to have bought into an unfinished product Ė I can accept the extra bits of DLC to access hidden areas, but taking a chunk from the core story? That was a bone-headed decision, and charging for them even more-so.

I canít see myself giving this game the replay it deserves, I will more than likely get my fix of AC from the first game, and use this one as a trade-in towards Aliens vs Predator; hopefully a complete game.

Cjail
01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
The DLC does not improve the game that much; basically is just an occasion to fill the blank spaces of the story...this really makes you ask: why now and not before?
I have finished the game and I already know what I wanted to know!

FiskMunk
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Cjail:
The DLC does not improve the game that much; basically is just an occasion to fill the blank spaces of the story...this really makes you ask: why now and not before?
I have finished the game and I already know what I wanted to know!

Ubisoft's like a dying tiger.
Just let them pass away in peace - Give them some time to beat themselves with their huge sledgehammer, being their brand new DRM.