PDA

View Full Version : AC2 - Was the best till I got to Visitazion's Secret!

Mage71
09-06-2011, 01:35 AM
AC2 was my fav game up until I got to Visitazion's Secret! The story, the game play, quests were fantastic, till I got stuck trying to maneuver my toon in friggen Visitazion's Secret.

What a frustrating heap of junk.
Ive noticed the steering of a 3rd person shooters being strange. As the camera pans, the operator needs to move the character direction stick to just keep the toon traveling in a straight line.

Is there a cheat, or way to bypass the dumb timed parts of this dungeon? Im having heaps of problems bouncing 180 off the wall when I need the toon to jump off the wall in a rightward direction.

It is very frustrating after a fun gaming experience over the last few days (Ive been home crook) to this point.

Im not worried about cheating and being banned, Im so over this, please can someone suggest a solution. I've wasted way to much time in the dungeon.

Thanks

itsamea-mario
09-06-2011, 01:46 AM
There's no great problem with the level itself, only your ability, so it's probably your fault.
If you can't complete the tomb, then you don't deserve the prize, that's how games work.

AlphaAltair
09-06-2011, 02:09 AM
A lot of people have trouble with that one. My advice is to take it slow, you should have heaps of time.

Mage71
09-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Thats the spirit lol. You might be on to something though.

I'll stick with the challenging, but still fun games like Rockstar and Treyarch games.

I'm not a career unemployed who can spend hrs mastering a game. I like to jump on, have some fun, and escape the stresses of real world.

It's a bummer as I really enjoyed AC2 to this point.
Back to RDR, L.A. Noire and Azeroth.

Cheers

BK-110
09-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Really? You give up on the game because of THAT? That part honestly isn't that hard. I got through it on my first try, although with a slightly roundabout method. Assassin's Creed games aren't games that you have to use weeks to master. Seriously, find a walkthrough on Youtube and try again...

DragonAddicted
09-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Mage71:
I'm not a career unemployed who can spend hrs mastering a game. I like to jump on, have some fun, and escape the stresses of real world.

Me either, I´m working from 7:30 until 16:00, thats 40 hours a week, and yet I have not much problems with mastering Assassin´s Creed games, maybe because I´ve got more patience and am I not so fast giving it up.

sorry for my bad English, I´m from the netherlands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mage71
09-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your inputs. I guess i like variety too. I played AC2 for 2 solid days, with no real problems. When I got to this dungeon, my progress went no where for about 2hrs.

I fly R/C planes and heli's. Im used to looking at the aircraft from all angles, when I input cyclic forward (heli) on the sticks, it goes forward no matter what orientation my view is to the aircraft. With AC2, the camera view dictates the direction the sticks need to be pushed. e.g pushing L stick forward on controller can make the toon go forward, (it's) left or (it's) right depending on the camera view.

Hope I explained the differences ok. If pushing the stick forward "always" made the toon move forward (no matter what camera orientation is) that would be more compatible with my reflexes of 20yrs with R/C aircraft.

If you guys have tips for bouncing of walls, that would be great, and i would love to hear them. Im on xbox.

Thanks again for any techniques.

bveUSbve
09-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Ignore posers like BK-110. I'm sure this catacomb was difficult for many gamers, it certainly was for me.

Originally posted by Mage71:
I fly R/C planes and heli's. Im used to looking at the aircraft from all angles, when I input cyclic forward (heli) on the sticks, it goes forward no matter what orientation my view is to the aircraft. With AC2, the camera view dictates the direction the sticks need to be pushed. e.g pushing L stick forward on controller can make the toon go forward, (it's) left or (it's) right depending on the camera view.
When I played "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" the first time, I cursed at this type of steering. Since then I had plenty of training with similar to control player-characters, and now I generally find it totally "natural".

For the sideways walljumping you need in "Visitazione's Secret" you may practice beforehand, utilizing any wall at hand. In my case it helped to move the thumbstick directly into the desired lateral direction, without returning to it's neutral position in between (which I had done previously..). But your problem may be something different...

Don't give up and good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BK-110
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by bveUSbve:
Ignore posers like BK-110. I'm sure this catacomb was difficult for many gamers, it certainly was for me.

Making me out to be the bad guy now... I didn't mean to offend. I was kind of irritated about how quick he was to give up on a great game and how he indirectly labled anyone who was actually able to play through it without problems as "career unemployed" (which probably wasn't his intention)...

AntiChrist7
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
so because of one mission a game isnt your favourite anymore?

from that reaction i guess you are 12, which means you arent allowed to play the game anyway

Assassin_M
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
so because of one mission a game isnt your favourite anymore?

from that reaction i guess you are 12, which means you arent allowed to play the game anyway
Im more surprised as to why didnt he say " help Please !! stck in Visatzion`s Secret" WHY ? cant you request fro help ? because you dont want it to seem that its you who`s bad ? Huh? you go blame a game ?

LightRey
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Wait. There was a hard part in there?

Assassin_M
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Wait. There was a hard part in there?
Yeah. his complete disability of saying (someone help this is Hard).
The Easy part is just saying (This game sucks because Im Stuck)
IT AINT THE GAME`S FAULT !!

forgive my temporary break of Rage..
I apologize again..

Inorganic9_2
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
There's no great problem with the level itself, only your ability, so it's probably your fault.
If you can't complete the tomb, then you don't deserve the prize, that's how games work.
This. </thread>, surely?

ghostferret
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Don't give up! Not over an optional mission in the greatest game ever. I struggled with Visitazione for hours before I had the sense to check the forums and learn how to do a proper wall jump. Even then, I needed some luck not to screw up with the camera angle shifts. When I finally got Altair's armor, I had really earned it. I've gone back and done Visitazione just for practice on doing hard wall-jumps under pressure. So take heart, check some walkthroughs, and discover the rewards of tenacity.

Jexx21
09-06-2011, 02:02 PM
By the fact that he thinks CoD games are fun for longer than an hour or 2 at a time (more like an hour for a week -_-) I'd garner that he is around the 12 range, yea.

But regardless, I play with a keyboard and I always thought that that was the only reason that those missions were hard. So apparently the camera angles effect all forms of controllers?

MT4K
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
By the fact that he thinks CoD games are fun for longer than an hour or 2 at a time (more like an hour for a week -_-) I'd garner that he is around the 12 range, yea.

But regardless, I play with a keyboard and I always thought that that was the only reason that those missions were hard. So apparently the camera angles effect all forms of controllers?

I use a gamepad connected to my PC and the "Dynamic" camera has barely ever affected me. Maybe i'm just lucky or something, but if in the middle of running on say a beam (Where he spreads he puts his arms back) and the camera switchs automatically. i don't have to move the analogue stick to the side to continue running forward. i just keep pressing it forward with no issues at all.

When it comes to side-wall jumps. Similar thing. The only time i need to move the stick due to the "Dynamic" camera? is when it's an extreme movement. like almost turning you all the way around.

I have a few theories though on why some people have so much trouble with tombs.

1) People just never practise the side wall-jump and so when it hits you with a needed one you begin to stumble. Remember that Altair flashback Desmond had in AC2 that so many people had trouble with when all it really took was a side wall-jump? yeah :-/.

2) You feel more rushed than you actually are. The first time i played the tombs i felt very rushed on many of them, but honestly you have more than enough time to stop and re-adjust yourself every time.

3) People don't realise that you don't actually have to push the analogue stick at all in order to jump backwards off a wall (Doubtful but you never know) and so trying to get the stick in the right position makes them jump totally wrong.

Jexx21
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I use a gamepad connected to my PC and the "Dynamic" camera has barely ever affected me. Maybe i'm just lucky or something, but if in the middle of running on say a beam (Where he spreads he puts his arms back) and the camera switchs automatically. i don't have to move the analogue stick to the side to continue running forward. i just keep pressing it forward with no issues at all.

When it comes to side-wall jumps. Similar thing. The only time i need to move the stick due to the "Dynamic" camera? is when it's an extreme movement. like almost turning you all the way around.

I have a few theories though on why some people have so much trouble with tombs.

1) People just never practise the side wall-jump and so when it hits you with a needed one you begin to stumble. Remember that Altair flashback Desmond had in AC2 that so many people had trouble with when all it really took was a side wall-jump? yeah :-/.

2) You feel more rushed than you actually are. The first time i played the tombs i felt very rushed on many of them, but honestly you have more than enough time to stop and re-adjust yourself every time.

3) People don't realise that you don't actually have to push the analogue stick at all in order to jump backwards off a wall (Doubtful but you never know) and so trying to get the stick in the right position makes them jump totally wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a controller to use on the PC unfortunately, but I get by just fine using the keyboard. But I always did side jumps just because to me it was really simple to do and it actually got me where I wanted to go faster and more efficiently.

The problem nowadays with me is that I can never remember what all the buttons on a controller do when I pick one up, but I can handle a keyboard in games just fine. I guess it's mostly because I can re-map the keys.

Instead of having right-click being high-profile and shift being open hand, I have it the opposite because high-profile is how you get the character to run/sprint, and that's what it is in most games. If it's not, I change it to shift. For open hand, I just figured that if left-click is attack (which you use hands for) why not use right-click for the opposite. I also re-map medicine to E instead of 1, because I'm used to E being the button that I use to call for a Medic in Team Fortress 2 (my most played FPS).

I wonder why they don't allow you to re-map the buttons on a controller... :/

MT4K
09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
What do you mean? I can remap the controls on my gamepad just fine :-/. Originally i had issues with them constantly resetting the changes i made every time i restarted, but it was just due to the ps2 controller connector i was using. With that unplugged and my proper gamepad in it works flawlessly :P.

For some reason it had like the legs button being triangle and the head on X which seemed weird to me. So i changed them around since the legs being you know Below the head, which oddly enough is at the top lol so i had to change that around to make more sense to me and it worked fine.

Mage71
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys. Thanks to bveUSbve who understood where I was coming from and inspired me to continue with what I feel is a awkward steering system.

I found the game addictive as a interactive puzzle story line game, not so much a test on hand/eye coordination as was needed in this dungeon.

If I'm (it may be just me) going to spend hours trying to achieve a goal, its going to be a real world goal in sport or business, not in cyber world where no one sees anyway.

I managed to get through it with a technique that I found easy. Rather then fumble with the steering to line up and run to the wall, I stood facing against the wall at the point I wanted to rickashay from, jumped and A again at peek of jump, A again and just move stick in the desired direction. Worked a marvel. I was successful on the second attempt with the technique.

Thanks guys for taking the time and ideas on this thread.

bveUSbve
09-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bveUSbve:
Making me out to be the bad guy now... I didn't mean to offend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK, now you sound reasonable, then sorry for my accusation. But in most cases when (male..) players point out how little difficulty they have with some gameplay, it's surely not meant in a "helpful" intention. It's meant to make the one asking for help look stupid and oneself look "cool". (Though it's rather childish.)

I was kind of irritated about how quick he was to give up on a great game and how he indirectly labled anyone who was actually able to play through it without problems as "career unemployed" (which probably wasn't his intention)...
Did he? Of course that wasn't very nice on his part then.