PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer number of planes question

GunnyHighway99
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Everyone,

I've been playing online quite a bit. I had some questions concerning the number of pilots/planes for each respective team.

1) If I strike the prop on takeoff or landing, it says engine inoperative. Does my team lose a plane?

2) If I collapse the gear on landing (as usually happens in the Spit), does my team lose a plane?

3) If my plane is partly struck by a bomb and becomes unflyable, but then I hit refly, does my team lose a plane?

I figure it is pretty obvious if one gets shot down, the repsective team loses a plane. If anyone has any input on the above scenarios, it would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Capt.LoneRanger
08-18-2007, 11:31 AM
1. Depends on the server settings - usually: yes.

2. I never broke the gear on a Spit, but same answer as 1.

3. Yes - and AFAIK the bomber will get a credit for a kill.

As I posted, it depends on the server settings, but usually all of these things lead to a plane being lost.

Matz0r
08-18-2007, 11:44 AM
1) No
2) No
3) No

Only when the server announce a plane has been destroyed a plane will be lost, counting planes are not part of the original game. This is done by 3rd party programs that parse the messages from the server.

Capt.LoneRanger
08-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Hm, as 08/15 servers don't count losses anyway, I guess he's not asking for that kind of servers?

This applies to scripted servers, of course. On WarClouds, all damages count AFAIK and according to the rules.