PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or..

Aragorn87
04-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Are magnetic torps not having as much effect on c2s anymore? Most of the time i can put 2 under them and itll put em down, but now i have to use 3 and maybe an impact, i dont know just noticed this over my last 3 patrols.

RedTerex
04-26-2005, 11:53 PM
A lot of the time it depends on where that torppedo of yours actually detonates by the ship.

If it goes off under amidships then one should do, but if it goes off right at fore or aft then that old C2 may need another kipper into it.

Aragorn87
04-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks, i realised too that ive been setting them to 1m below instead of .5 because of storms. That .5 of a meter may have an effect on damage done. I guess i was afriad of duds in storms but it seems its doing me worse, ill test this next time i get the chance.

S VIIC_41
04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
I usually just get in real close at 90 degrees and aim for the fuel bunker...

axeman3d
04-27-2005, 07:32 AM
I've given up trying to hit the fuel bunker, I've had it work once and the rest of the time it was pretty much a wasted shot, one which would have done more damage magnetically under the keel.

In storms I find it doesn't matter if you set your depth to 0.5 or 1.5 under the draft of a C2 or C3, the torpedo just explodes anyway before it reaches the ship. It's the depth under the waves that counts, not the depth under the ship, and unless it's a real deep draft vessel I dont risk it. Last night I shot at a T3 tanker with depth set to 12 metres, and the torpedo blew not long after arming. Sea state was 8 knot winds, not a real violent storm. Anything less than dead calm I now use impact to save killing innocent fish far from the target ship.

Fazzx
04-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Anything less than dead calm I now use impact to save killing innocent fish far from the target ship.

Perhaps your method of fishing is benefiting the tuna fisherman??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Or what if the British actually trained fishes to report to them where the Uboats are ? =)