PDA

View Full Version : Been away from game and boards 1 mo., what's new??

mortoma
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Aside from the new patch of course!?!? I have downloaded it but have not installed it yet but I understand it has no new aircraft?? Is that correct??
Hello all, I am now back from one month of moving, from Indiana to Utah!! This may be good news to some or bads news to some, as I have both friends and ememies here. Have had my computer set up and running for a few days and started playing 3.03 again. But I only got back on the internet today. Took a while due to going from DSL in Indiana to finding a way to connect to my new roommates cable broadband. Bought a Linksys wireless router and a USB wireless adaptor of the same brand. Boy was that hell!! Roomies PC runs XP and mine still uses Win98SE and of course networking with 98SE required far more geeky skill and tweaking to get to work at all. Whereas XP is totally automatic and a 4 year old can network it. After an entire day, I actually got it working though!!! Please don't ever try to wirelessly network an XP machine to a Win98 machine. It's for your own good. The end.......

mortoma
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Aside from the new patch of course!?!? I have downloaded it but have not installed it yet but I understand it has no new aircraft?? Is that correct??
Hello all, I am now back from one month of moving, from Indiana to Utah!! This may be good news to some or bads news to some, as I have both friends and ememies here. Have had my computer set up and running for a few days and started playing 3.03 again. But I only got back on the internet today. Took a while due to going from DSL in Indiana to finding a way to connect to my new roommates cable broadband. Bought a Linksys wireless router and a USB wireless adaptor of the same brand. Boy was that hell!! Roomies PC runs XP and mine still uses Win98SE and of course networking with 98SE required far more geeky skill and tweaking to get to work at all. Whereas XP is totally automatic and a 4 year old can network it. After an entire day, I actually got it working though!!! Please don't ever try to wirelessly network an XP machine to a Win98 machine. It's for your own good. The end.......

heywooood
02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
mortoma - you need 3.04 now...it is small but it packs a nice punch...oh - you edited whilst I was typing...yes, no new planes yet...but soon - only 2-3 blocks from big patch boulavard.

crazyivan1970
02-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Welcome back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Troll2k
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
3.04 is just a place holder so you can play online until the big boy gets here.