PDA

View Full Version : How to use "Arcade mode"? Can someone remind me please?

orville07
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi, I am wanting to use the "Arcade mode" feature in order to check my convergence settings once more, and I don't recall how to do it ( showing arrows exactly where your bullets are going) I have set Arcade mode=1 in the confi section, but it isn't working, I tried it in "wonder woman" mode after making a quick ntrack too.....can someone remind me what I am doing wrong? Trying to get back into playing online again after a long absence.

Thanks.

orville07
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi, I am wanting to use the "Arcade mode" feature in order to check my convergence settings once more, and I don't recall how to do it ( showing arrows exactly where your bullets are going) I have set Arcade mode=1 in the confi section, but it isn't working, I tried it in "wonder woman" mode after making a quick ntrack too.....can someone remind me what I am doing wrong? Trying to get back into playing online again after a long absence.

Thanks.

FI_Sacktime
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Open your conf.ini file in the IL2 directory and find Arcade=0 and change it to Arcade=1

[game]
<span class="ev_code_RED">Arcade=0</span>
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.646875
mapPadY=-0.013541667
viewSet=36
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0

orville07
05-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks Sacktime mate, I have already done that as mentioned, but I am not seeing the bullet pathway arrows? Strange........

TinyTim
05-25-2009, 04:11 AM
You only see arrows if your bullets hit enemy planes (or white dots when your bullets hit ground objects and ground surface).

And, it must be exactly as Sacktime posted arcade=1 not arcade mode=1 as you wrote.

Apart from that, running out of ideas.

b2spirita
05-25-2009, 05:10 AM
This happened to me, it just turned on after a few restarts. Still don't know why that happened.

orville07
05-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Rgr that Tim and Spirita, thanks for the replies. Yeah it was my mistake naming it "Arcade mode", but it was entered correctly and still does not work. Does it only appear when an ntrack file is viewed, in no cockpit mode, or while you are actually playing too? It just wont work at all, it beats me.....Looks like a useful tool too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

R_Target
05-25-2009, 07:29 AM
If you haven't already done so, try the Community Help forum.

Ba5tard5word
05-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you have Vista?

If you do, my guess is you are modifying the conf.ini that is in Program Files. The game doesn't use that one, it uses one buried in a hidden folder under Users. Mine is here for Vista 64 bit:

C:\Users\(my Vista account name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

orville07
05-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Ah, that makes sense! Yes, I (probably stupidly )changed to Vista 64bit last November, I'll try that out Ba5stard, thanks for the info. Been playing IL-2 for 5 years, but I'm not the greatest technical guy around. Cheers mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ba5tard5word
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
No problem.

Any game that is stored under Program Files will often do that for configuration files. I think it's because UAC makes files at Program Files read-only by default to avoid messing up your files by mistake.

Most games it's not a big deal because you can change stuff in an in-game option menu, but for whatever reason Il-2 requires you to edit the conf file manually for a lot of stuff.

To avoid this issue I just put Il-2 in my C drive so it's at C:\Il-2 instead of C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Il-2 or whatever.

JtD
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
The arrows do not show when watching ntrks. Only when playing the game or when watching trks.

M_Gunz
05-25-2009, 11:55 PM
What was the deal, one way you get the arrows and other way hits show as white dots?

JtD
05-26-2009, 09:43 AM
White dots show on the ground and ground objects, arrows on airplanes. None of it while watching ntrks.