PDA

View Full Version : Outside of Acre question.

idbrian
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Possible SPOILERS here:

So i try to be pretty thorough when i go through a game like this. I noticed that outside of Acre and to the right of facing the entrance to Acre, there is an area that you can't access because it's on of those memory hasn't loaded yet type of areas. So i figured like most areas like that i would eventually be able to go there as the game progressed. So i beat the game the other night and i found that you can never get to this area. When i was supposed to ride for Arsuf i first rode to Acre and checked the area, still locked. I can't understand why you can never access that area outside of Acre. It looks like a cool area too, like there is ruins of an older city. This are i'm referring to is not in the Kingdom but once you enter Acre but before you enter the the main gate/wall. If you are facing the main gate and walk over to the left once you get close it turns all blue and won't let you go over there.

Anyone know more about this?

stuburns
12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
It's true you never get to go there, however it seems to be just another road to the last battle. Possibly a left over from an earlier concept of having a final massive escape via that path.

idbrian
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I did notice that there was another road towards Arsuf that you couldn't travel. I just found this one odd because it was inside one of the city boards and not just out in the kingdom. If it isn't accessible they should have just made it so there was some sort of wall there. The game started a pattern of unlocking memories and accessing new areas, this just makes it confusing.

stuburns
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by idbrian:
I did notice that there was another road towards Arsuf that you couldn't travel. I just found this one odd because it was inside one of the city boards and not just out in the kingdom. If it isn't accessible they should have just made it so there was some sort of wall there. The game started a pattern of unlocking memories and accessing new areas, this just makes it confusing.
Well it actually makes more sense, why would you have unlocked every memory Altair had just because you've finished the game? Desmond doesn't use the Animus as a toy, and they are only making him do it to get to that point in his memories, it makes sense there would be more we don't get to see.

idbrian
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
The game set up a standard of advancing and unlocking. Any area that at one point said "this memory hasn't been unlocked" eventually became unlocked. Therefore any area that shows up as "hasn't been unlocked" yet leads the gamer to believe that it will eventually become unlocked. In this case in particular the area looks really cool and i kept going back to it wondering when i could explore it. Every other area in the game other than this and one route to Arsuf become unlocked.

I read that after the credits roll you can walk around the lab and enter the animus again, is that true? I guess i should go back and check.

stuburns
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by idbrian:
The game set up a standard of advancing and unlocking. Any area that at one point said "this memory hasn't been unlocked" eventually became unlocked. Therefore any area that shows up as "hasn't been unlocked" yet leads the gamer to believe that it will eventually become unlocked. In this case in particular the area looks really cool and i kept going back to it wondering when i could explore it. Every other area in the game other than this and one route to Arsuf become unlocked.

I read that after the credits roll you can walk around the lab and enter the animus again, is that true? I guess i should go back and check.
It's true you can load up block on the Animus, but you can't freeroam post blocks, you just have to replay other sections of the game. So it's not like it'll unlock afterwards.

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
load up memory block 6 and you can go anywhere, except outside of the game

ignatiusXIX
12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
***spoilers?***beware***

Same story here. Finished game. I did notice that a couple intel side missions werent completed early in the game. Could that be why I cannot get to Arsuf? Played around looking at all the ****e on the walls and floor in the lab in the end. Unlocked all the computers. Went back in to find all the flags templars in each city and all that jive (a work in progress I must say). Still no access to Arsuf. Anyone have a hint worth letting me in on?

MammothWaffle
12-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Um... If you can't get to Arsuf how did you finish the game? :P

Arsuf is that area where you go to fight the last guy

xTommehx
12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Possibily something that will be unlocked by a download (Well it would be nice xD!) God knows what could go there.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif