PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 - AI

CaptainDEEZ
06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
AI is probably the most important thing in the story mode for this game.
The enemy should not have automatic homing beacons on you, unless you're obviously out in the open and not hiding.
It appears they may have attended to this issue from the preview trailer.

One thing that was also annoying was when aiming at your enemy through a scope. When in scope you would see your enemy looking and pointing their gun in some other direction, and then you'd get shot. Can they at least be pointing at us when we get shot?

k4Anarky2011
06-10-2011, 06:43 PM
If you mean the Far Cry 2 AI, then yes they are a wee bit annoying, especially if you don't see them
I found out that if you actively search for them and shoot at them, they usually react in a certain pattern enough for you to catch them off guard. Sometimes I set fire to a big camp to send them into panic and then just go down and clean them up no problem. But i dreaded it when I have to fight them in the middle of the jungle where they have like x-ray vision while i couldn't see a damn thing

dmax1315
06-10-2011, 11:52 PM
It's an interesting topic. As far as I remember in FC1 there was no "x-ray" vision in the grass or forest. But in FC2 enemies see me through the foliage. As to me it's better no foliage at all than unrealistic "x-ray" vision.