PDA

View Full Version : help on IL2 fighter career

vorxio
12-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi,
I start playing with IL2 after patching it to v1.2 (I'm a newbie).
I'm trying to complete the first (recognition) mission of the fighter career but I'm in troubles:

when I take off on my IL2 (1941) behind the other planes of the squadron I cannot fly fast enough to stay behind 'em:

- before take off I power up to 100%, flaps: take off, engine: boost on
- after take off: gears up, flaps raised, boost off, power 100%

But I can only reach 200Mph ???? And I loose contact with the planes in my squadron.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
vorxio

vorxio
12-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi,
I start playing with IL2 after patching it to v1.2 (I'm a newbie).
I'm trying to complete the first (recognition) mission of the fighter career but I'm in troubles:

when I take off on my IL2 (1941) behind the other planes of the squadron I cannot fly fast enough to stay behind 'em:

- before take off I power up to 100%, flaps: take off, engine: boost on
- after take off: gears up, flaps raised, boost off, power 100%

But I can only reach 200Mph ???? And I loose contact with the planes in my squadron.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
vorxio

Weather_Man
12-09-2004, 01:42 PM
It's sort of a result of the AI being a bit less complicated. Usually, I keep it on autopilot until we've reached altitude or target area. This will keep you in formation.

If you don't want to do that, try gaining as much speed as possible before you start to climb and keep the climb shallow to retain speed. Forget about trying to stay on their wing. You may be below them for a while, but not behind too far. You'll eventually be able to regain formation once they've stopped climbing.