PDA

View Full Version : At what point are you no longer rated 0?

Malex McBlat
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
I have been playing Ranked Wanted matches all morning on the 360 after downloading the patch this morning. From what I have gathered reading other forum posts, I know that people on the PS3 have stated after a while you have a rating of 1-10, and that this may in fact be your Templar Score.

I was just wondering if there is a certain number of games that the player needs to complete before unlocking their Templar Score.

Soviet_Mudkip
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Templar Score is very vauge for now. As far as I know it still rates you but once it rates you it doesn't change (from my expierence) because when I downloaded the patch I looked and my score was 1. Keep playing matches and hope you get one. But as far as I know templar score is still very buggy

Lethalla
01-17-2011, 01:12 PM
actually I've been at "0" since the patch (I'm level 50) but last night I noticed I was a "1" or "2".
I wish they'd explain what it means.
Better still, just put it back to showing the levels. I preferred that.

obliviondoll
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
I haven't seen anyone higher than a 7.

I've mostly seen 0s.

I haven't been anything other than 0.

I think we need a straight and understandable explanation of what these numbers are, and what they mean.

Soviet_Mudkip
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I haven't seen anyone higher than a 7.

I've mostly seen 0s.

I think we need a straight and understandable explanation of what these numbers are, and what they mean.

Most people believe that the numbers are a "rating" of how EPICZOMGBBQLEETZ you are. I believe 0 is unranked and 1 is OMGMLGUBERLEETZ while 10 is lulznubgtfol2p.

Well at least that's what I think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FireTempest00
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
From what I recall about this from what was talked about, it was a rating system from 1-9 in the ranked categories, 1 being the highest compared to other players, and 0 means you're unrated.

I've seen up to an 8 and he was by far the weakest of the players I played in that match.

I was a 5 for a while when I started doing rank at level 50 but now I'm a 2.

Soviet_Mudkip
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
played with a 7 once (he was Harlequin and I wasn't suprised at ALL lol) and he just ran everywhere xD

Phyxsius-
01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I finally got ranked so I can share my thoughts on this:

Now.. I have played Advanced Wanted let`s say.. 20 games tops...separately in 2 days

Manhunt in the rest of the time.

Being new to Wanted and playing ranked I averaged 2500-3500 / game with the odd 1000 and 5500.

Manhunt averaging 5000+

I have 2 separate ranks... showing 5 for Wanted and 2 for Manhunt.

Did not test for Alliance but I will later.

[EDIT]I NEVER drop below 300 points for a kill, never run... VERY rarely climb. Averaging still 460 / kill. So I think the Templar Score is based on average points over a set period of time (maybe dynamically changed at the beforementioned time intervals after recalculating), with 1 being the best "aggregate/score/rating" and 10 being the worst.

[EDIT # 2]Played each day except one since the PS3 patch arrived. So I guess 3-4 days until you are ranked (actual play or set date I don`t know)

[EDIT # 3]Having rank 0 for Alliance, which I played only once, but before patch.

So, all clues lead to some sort of "average score from your ranked played games", compared to some ellusive "target" score, to determine your "prowess" at a certain game type.

EQWashu
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm not 100% on this but I thought my TS changed from 8 or 9 to 5 or 6

Rainie
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Ahh for some reason I thought it was the other way around where 1 was bad and 9 was better, I was like craaap I need go get better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

FKNLunatick
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know how long you have to play before you get a rating?

ooSTAMoo
01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
i was ranked 0 at first, then 3, then 6, now 3 again? i don`t get it -_-"

Smbradley91
01-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh wow was wondering what these meant but I'm happy cos I haven;t moved off rank 1.

Only play alliance with my mate though and we do win every single match. So guess it does fit with what you guys are saying.

Tragic_Jonson
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
am 0 at the moment, but expecting to get a 7 or 6 if I"m lucky haha

FearlessSpeach
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

The truth comes out, Dolly is a 0.

But yeah, I still think this ranking system is nothing other than a means for a bored UBI coder to screw with our heads.

Its probably one of the moderators, reading our posts and laughing manically in dark jubilation at our obsession over an utterly meaningless numbers.

Smbradley91
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I thought for a good few hours that it was just peoples ranks being screwed up by the most recent patch, after all that did create more problems then it solved I'm sure.

Lyleator
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Apparently it's been confirmed as a ranking system from 1 (best) to 9 (worst) based on your last 4 weeks of play (challenges completed and game results). I suppose you need a certain number of ranked games before you can be ranked

CharDude
01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Ohhhhh that's what it means. I'm UBERLEETOMGWTF apparently, then. :3

Rainie
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh damn, I better get back to ranked wanted before i drop D:

Tragic_Jonson
01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I still got a 0, and haven't seen anyone else with anything other than a 0 in the bunch of games i just played...

EscoBlades
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
See here (http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/01/18/assassins-creed-brotherhood-2nd-free-dlc-expected-today/) and here (http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/18/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-brotherhood-animus-project-update-2-0-dlc-now-available/#comment-247849)

Both go into some specifics about how Templar Score and the Grade work.

luth411
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
So there's still no explicit definitions to the two rankings they've added to the game. They're both pretty vague and in some ways contradictory without more detail. Templar grade considers four weeks of recent activity including challenges while templar score is overall performance in matches.

If I complete a bunch of gun challenges, my grade improves while my score decreases. I don't understand how either is evaluated. Templar score will be an indicator of nothing if there's no consideration of match type. Those of us who stick to adv. wanted and alliance modes face more challenging and strategic experiences than manhunt matches.

It's a little disheartening that Ubisoft hasn't explained the content that we're being offered. Map and game type sound cool, let's stop making match types with the non-advanced compass, though. Three game types for training purposes seems to be sufficient.