PDA

View Full Version : IL2|FB|AEP - re-arming / fueling in-game?

BrokenArrow2000
10-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Hello there.

I was just wondering if it was possible to land your plane and re-arm/ fuel without the need for exiting the game

This would allow for a long lasting campaign to be made which is of great interest to me.

Thankyou

georgeo76
10-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Nope, you have to press 're-fly'(Multi-player) or 'end mission' (in SP mode) to get a fresh ride. You can always enable unlimited ammo and fuel in realism settings.

Little_Donkey
10-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I hope it will be in pacific fighters.
In lock-on you can.
Would be cool if it was in il2

carguy_
10-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Ok plz describe me your vision of refueling/rearming in FBAEP.

Troll2k
10-08-2004, 09:52 PM
You want to wait 20 minutes while little ground crew guys run out and put new bullets in the clip?

Maybe clean the winshield while they are at it.

lil_labbit
10-08-2004, 09:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troll2k:
You want to wait 20 minutes while little ground crew guys run out and put new bullets in the clip?

Maybe clean the winshield while they are at it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would - If they put Vera Lynn in too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

owlwatcher
10-08-2004, 10:36 PM
This idea has some merit.

Just say,

You want to recreate a one day long egagement between two CVs.

I could at this moment build say 4 missions to recreate some one flying CAP.

Would be nice if these same missions inter act.
For single play game speeds up till action or reports flow in.
Using CVs in the game almost demands this sorta action
Take off refuel, rearm landing sequince.
The CV should controls these actions not the pilot.
Waiting to see how PF handles this.

lbhskier37
10-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Do you know how long it took to rearm/refuel a WW2 aircraft? And if you ever pushed the throttle over 100% during the mission forget flying that airplane again that day. If you took any hits those are going to need to be checked out before you fly. If they coudld majically add this feature without taking away from anything that is actually needed like new planes/fixes/cockpits/maps/new game, then fine but I think it's about as useful a feature as if they implimented an on alert mode where you sit around for hours and wait to scramble not knowing if you will be called up that day or not.

LEXX_Luthor
10-09-2004, 03:40 AM
By long lasting campaign he may mean all day "missions" like Romanian pilots...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>They managed to fly about 15-16 missions per day each! No other Romanian group made as many sorties in one day, as the 8th Assault Group did then. There was always a patrulă (Romanian for Schwarm) in the air covering the infantrymen. Thus they managed to rescue the lives of more than 10,000 men. Five assault aircraft were lost, as were two pilots. The other three were rescued by their comrades.

~ http://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/g8as.htm

http://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/g8as_03.JPG
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
lbhskier37, Stop Whinnig make more skins

re-arming / fueling Great idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

BrokenArrow2000
10-09-2004, 07:07 AM
I wasnt aware that my post would spark such a dabate and in all fairness I didnt think about it in that way.

I feel that the game is unfortunatly limited to single missions. I imagine that in the second world war, pilots had been pushed to the absolute limits, some pilots even flew 8 missions per day. I believe although I could be very wrong, that it was the pilots of the RAF in France that had been pushed to these limits.

If I recall correctly, they were heavily outnumbered by the Germans there and so had no option but to fly endless missions all day long.

I unfortunatly cannot provide documentation of that, but I saw it on a TV documentary about one of RAFs most famous Hurricane squadrons.

In order to bring real time strategy to what is already, a wonderfull and 1st class game. I think that the function of landing and refueling should be enabled. This would allow for missions that would consist of many allied and enemy units operating across the map all day long, your job being to assist allied ground/air units when they come in contact with the enemy and you could even perform deep strike missions on more heavily guarded targets.

This is alot to ask! Im aware of that. If it was possible, it may not work for many people because this would surely require a better performing computer. I might even be taking advantage of that the fact that I just got a brand new and very good computer.

I think though that its an interesting thought, even if it never happens. This would unlock many new abilities and features in the game. This I have no doubt, but like all things in life, there is upsides and downsides to everything.

Noel