PDA

View Full Version : brewster buffalo armament

alphalvr
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
hi, i started a dynamic campaign (kuala lumpa?) and chose the brewster buffalo as my ride.

i think i chose fighter/bomber so i could strafe ground targets. (up until now i only ever chose `fighter` option but my ground strafing seemed to be unappreciated)

one of my missions (the 3rd) said bombs had been loaded and after taking off i realised i had no bombs.

after deciding i must have to fit them myself, restarting and choosing the 2 x 100lb bomb option i went into battle.

i flew 100km and then missed completely the 4 tanks i tried to drop my bombs amongst. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

having scored zero at this point i decided to use my guns and see if i could at least kill somthing, at which point i noticed i didnt seem to have the usual 3 x50cals and 1 x 30cal (i think)

what gun armanent does the buffalo carry when fitted with bomb ordinance as the object description doesnt seem to mention a bomb/gun combo and im sure its different.

thankyou chaps

ps when crossing the frontlines i thought id read there should be a bit of ground activity ,mini battles for immersion. i had icons enabled and there was nothing below me, does it depend on the campaign or did i dream it? running 1946 408m with latest (i think) dgen 4.0.8.7

alphalvr
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
hi, i started a dynamic campaign (kuala lumpa?) and chose the brewster buffalo as my ride.

i think i chose fighter/bomber so i could strafe ground targets. (up until now i only ever chose `fighter` option but my ground strafing seemed to be unappreciated)

one of my missions (the 3rd) said bombs had been loaded and after taking off i realised i had no bombs.

after deciding i must have to fit them myself, restarting and choosing the 2 x 100lb bomb option i went into battle.

i flew 100km and then missed completely the 4 tanks i tried to drop my bombs amongst. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

having scored zero at this point i decided to use my guns and see if i could at least kill somthing, at which point i noticed i didnt seem to have the usual 3 x50cals and 1 x 30cal (i think)

what gun armanent does the buffalo carry when fitted with bomb ordinance as the object description doesnt seem to mention a bomb/gun combo and im sure its different.

thankyou chaps

ps when crossing the frontlines i thought id read there should be a bit of ground activity ,mini battles for immersion. i had icons enabled and there was nothing below me, does it depend on the campaign or did i dream it? running 1946 408m with latest (i think) dgen 4.0.8.7

Heliopause
04-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Hello alphalvr,
I think guns are the same wether you take bombs or not.
Some parts of the front are quiet and some parts can be very busy. Depends on the mission I quess and where you cross the lines.
Hope this helps a bit...

DKoor
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Heliopause is right.
Also you need to manually select appropriate armament every time because game 'remembers' your last loadout on that plane.
So if it was 'default' it will be default and it doesn't matter whether the rest of your group is armed with bombs.
So just manually select ordnancehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

ps. all F2A's (Buffaloes) in game are armed with 4x.50cals.

alphalvr
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
cheers guys, i dunno why but once i load 2 x 100lb`ers my guns dont seem the same.

in fact i even think the gun barreals vanish, but ill have to check that, could be another plane

guess its my imagination, ill take another look

thanks, for the other tips as well

VW-IceFire
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Buffalo has 4xBrowning M2 .50cal on all versions in-game. The ammo count varries between models but thats about it. The Buffalo Mark I carries the most amount of ammo and the B-239 I believe has the least with the F2A in between.

alphalvr
04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
thanks, i accept it was my imagination, ta chaps, but im gonna take another peek to satisfy myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif