PDA

View Full Version : Will Ezio meet other assassins that actually do stuff?

M-dahaka
10-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi all! Just a quick discussion here:
in AC, there were lots of other assassins in other cities, but they never actually did any stuff, besides getting themselves into trouble and asking you to save them. The only assassins that did something, were the guards in Masyaf, but even those didn't do any assassination missions.

So in AC2, they're all talking about mercenaries that will help you and thieves, but what about assassins? what if there were 2 targets who needed to be taken out at the same time, could u hire another assassin to help u with that second? or will there be no other assassins?

discuss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

z0nnebril
10-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by M-dahaka:
Hi all! Just a quick discussion here:
in AC, there were lots of other assassins in other cities, but they never actually did any stuff, besides getting themselves into trouble and asking you to save them. The only assassins that did something, were the guards in Masyaf, but even those didn't do any assassination missions.

So in AC2, they're all talking about mercenaries that will help you and thieves, but what about assassins? what if there were 2 targets who needed to be taken out at the same time, could u hire another assassin to help u with that second? or will there be no other assassins?

discuss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I don't think that...because you already have all those factions that can help you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But it would be cool if you meet other assasins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

opisamra
10-07-2009, 01:59 AM
That would be pretty cool. I haven't heard about this but I think it would make a great addition to the game. It would also be cool if you could catch rival Assassin's that you didn't like or double crossed you and hand them into the authorities (for a reward of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

the amolang
10-07-2009, 02:01 AM
well, you are not really in a group of assassins anymore. You kind of are alone, so I don't really know...

M-dahaka
10-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by amolang:
well, you are not really in a group of assassins anymore. You kind of are alone, so I don't really know...
well, that may be true, but there must be other assassin's left. I mean, Ezio can't be the only assassin left on the planet. In AC1, there was a stronghold of assassins (even though it seemed Altair was the only assassin who was actually assassinating people), so in AC2 there must be something like that? maybe not a stronghold, but there must be a secret place where they all go? also, all the hidden locations were accessed by the creed's logo, so there must be someone explaining how the logo works to Ezio, right?
I'd find it awesome if u actually meet assassins that do something rather than just stand there asking Altair to do all the work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Cpt_Yanni
10-07-2009, 03:34 AM
My message can contain **************SPOILERS***************

Maybe Ezio's family are the only ones that "brought" Assassin's to Italy... Alta´r went to Italy, had a son ... and his son had a son ... and so on... And the other Assassin's went to somewhere else... And When you see the trailer of Ezio's destiny, you see two other men next to his father, they were probably also Assassin's (that's why I think they killed his father because they finally caught "the Assassin"). So maybe Ezio is the last one of his family (as male) standing and he becomes an Assassin or something... Just search on the forums to get more detailed information about that side of the story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
10-07-2009, 03:55 AM
The leader of the courteseans (can't remember her name) is an Assassin.

thekyle0
10-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Paula.

Cpt_Yanni
10-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Is she?

UchihaKarasu
10-07-2009, 07:13 AM
She's from a family of Assassins

PlagueDoctor357
10-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Were going to be owning a villa, which in turn acts as Masyaf.

Im betting Ezio will start some mini Assassins thing there, it in turn being smaller than the one in Masyaf.

Maybe that's why they started like pocket "Farms" everywhere seeing it was easier in smaller numbers to escape them or something.

Xanatos2007
10-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Heh, maybe he'll open an "Assassin's exclusive bar", guess that explains Desmond's occupation.

Losk_
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

Im betting Ezio will start some mini Assassins thing there, it in turn being smaller than the one in Masyaf.

Maybe that's why they started like pocket "Farms" everywhere seeing it was easier in smaller numbers to escape them or something.

I'm just speculating here, so this isn't a spoiler. I think that the assassin's already have broken off into smaller groups/families by the time of AC2. Ezio's father being killed is likely the Templars discovering his group and taking them out (very publicly in this case and probably with some false pretenses). Similar to how the Templars are wiping out the Assassin farms before and during AC1.

PlagueDoctor357
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

I'm just speculating here, so this isn't a spoiler. I think that the assassin's already have broken off into smaller groups/families by the time of AC2. Ezio's father being killed is likely the Templars discovering his group and taking them out (very publicly in this case and probably with some false pretenses). Similar to how the Templars are wiping out the Assassin farms before and during AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, your probably right.

Perhaps his brother and his friend are being taught by the father too. Fathers in games and movies always have one pretty boy kid they keep in the dark just to keep the bloodline going.

Losk_
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

I'm just speculating here, so this isn't a spoiler. I think that the assassin's already have broken off into smaller groups/families by the time of AC2. Ezio's father being killed is likely the Templars discovering his group and taking them out (very publicly in this case and probably with some false pretenses). Similar to how the Templars are wiping out the Assassin farms before and during AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, your probably right.

Perhaps his brother and his friend are being taught by the father too. Fathers in games and movies always have one pretty boy kid they keep in the dark just to keep the bloodline going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, its very Godfather-esque considering how Ezio turns out becoming an assassin anyway.

The3rdDay
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Ezio is being trained to become an assassin by his uncle, so this one must be an assassin to.

Xanatos2007
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
No, Mario just teaches him to fight, he learns other stuff along the way. Patrice said that the missions are divided up into skills, so you'll learn something new each mission. Antonio teaches Ezio the climb-leap and the "thief-chick" also gives you some training (not sure in what exactly). And, as you know, Leonardo happily makes the toys.

KZarr
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I'm falling behind again. Where did you get that from?

M-dahaka
10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
there's no confirmation about his dad being an assassin, and he wasn't training Ezio, because he starts from 0 at the beginning of the game. BUT Ezio knows about the assassins, since he found the costume and the hidden blade... maybe his dad got it from HIS dad, but chose not to be an assassin, you know, stop the family business, but then he gets killed, and Ezio becomes one.
Still, i hope there's other assassins doing other missions as well. maybe the villa Ezio gets will be the home of the assassins.

Xanatos2007
10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
No, Giovanni is an Assassin. I saw the trailer for the short films on Tuesday night.

@KZarr: End of this article, (http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/assassins_creed_2/preview-1919.html) but if you can't be bothered to read...

Paula was born into a family of assassins, but lost both her parents when she was eight years old.

KZarr
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
But is her family part of the same Creed as Altair and Ezio or are they just assassins(i.e. they kill people for money or a cause)?

phimo123-FR
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Is there a video showing the climb-leap?

Losk_
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by P_Morin90:
Is there a video showing the climb-leap? Yeah, check the TGS gameplay video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9B7g5AohOA

Originally posted by KZarr:
But is her family part of the same Creed as Altair and Ezio or are they just assassins(i.e. they kill people for money or a cause)? I'm just speculating again.. but I think she will be, they've kind of set up the two factions, I don't see why they would add a second unrelated family of assassins into the plotline.