PDA

View Full Version : Scoring and Kamakazies

Da_Godfatha
10-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Has the scoring system for PF changed? If it has not, then the ability to use the Kamakazie really makes no sense. As it stands now, the over use of the Golden BB rule, and if you die your score is negated, I don't think many people will us this new feature.

It would be fun on a coop server or a scripted DF server to have to defend against the Divine Wind.

I guess I will find out on the 21st of October when Amazon.de sends me my copy...

Da_Godfatha
10-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Has the scoring system for PF changed? If it has not, then the ability to use the Kamakazie really makes no sense. As it stands now, the over use of the Golden BB rule, and if you die your score is negated, I don't think many people will us this new feature.

It would be fun on a coop server or a scripted DF server to have to defend against the Divine Wind.

I guess I will find out on the 21st of October when Amazon.de sends me my copy...

VW-IceFire
10-16-2004, 07:52 AM
I don't think it encourages players to kamikazi. Its for the AI so that we can setup historical missions.

Anjinsama
10-16-2004, 09:18 AM
I've already convinced my brother, my cousin and my best friend to buy a copy of PF. I sent them an email that went something like this:

"I see a mission where I'm in a Zero, and I'll have your carrier lined up in my sights. Do you have what it takes to stop a Divine Wind? buy Pacific Fighters!"

I think the fun factor of trying to stop kamikazes alone will negate the whole score aspect. I'll be having too much **** fun to worry about who scored what...

9th_Spitin
10-16-2004, 09:29 AM
You really think you will make it close to the fleet with all the AA firing at you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif