PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed running too fast O.o should I reinstall it?

Assassinsgreat
06-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I got AC about one month ago. Until now, the game was running normally ( normal speed )
I installed Call of duty 2 about two days ago and I didnt play AC for about two days after that coz I was playing COD2. I adjusted the settings of COD2 to the highest so that the game looks nicer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

When I tried to play AC again, everything ran abnormally faster!! Altair could run faster than a horse!!! I wanted to start a new profile to check whether there is a problem that affects the game. And something crazy happened!The doctor ( the half - balded guy in the first scene ) could wander around the animus with the speed of a car! and everytime the doctor asked Desmond a question, ( e.g. ''what's memory?'') Desmond Speaked out his answers at the same time , and it was jsut like the whole office was crowded with people= =

Just...everyting is moving very fast. What the hell is that?

Assassinsgreat
06-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I got AC about one month ago. Until now, the game was running normally ( normal speed )
I installed Call of duty 2 about two days ago and I didnt play AC for about two days after that coz I was playing COD2. I adjusted the settings of COD2 to the highest so that the game looks nicer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

When I tried to play AC again, everything ran abnormally faster!! Altair could run faster than a horse!!! I wanted to start a new profile to check whether there is a problem that affects the game. And something crazy happened!The doctor ( the half - balded guy in the first scene ) could wander around the animus with the speed of a car! and everytime the doctor asked Desmond a question, ( e.g. ''what's memory?'') Desmond Speaked out his answers at the same time , and it was jsut like the whole office was crowded with people= =

Just...everyting is moving very fast. What the hell is that?

BigDon1
06-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Without your system's stats, it hard to guess at what the problem might be. But it sounds perhaps like a hardware setting that's overspeeding things?

Perhaps try lowing your sound's accelleration level. In windows, click on Start, then Run, then enter in the word: dxdiag

From the Dxdiag tool that appears, click on the "Sound" tab, and from the "Hardware Accelleration" slider, put the setting on "Basic accelleration" level.

You may also want to try selecting different graphic level options within the AC game's settings.

And perhaps trying different graphic card and monitor resolution sizes and MHz settings might give some better results as well.

Updating your graphic and sound drivers might help too.

And maybe uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might fix up the problem if perhaps somehow some of the files got corrupted.

But like I said, without your system's stats, it hard to guess at what might be wrong, and also perhaps it's better to ask over in the "Assassin's Creed Community Help and Advice" section of the forums.

Good luck!