PDA

View Full Version : No sound running IL-2 on Vista?

Chris0382
12-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Well I installed 1946 on a seperate game partition under XP and have dual boot Vista that can access the game partition also.

Since I have a new sys CPU-5600+x2-2gb ram-8500gt, I thought Ide click on the IL2FB.EXE and see what happens in Vista.

Low and behold it runs quite smooth except there is no sound and the screen is darker that I like it to be.

Is there anyway around the 2 quirks? I didn't install under Vista so there may be a reg-key missing or somthing amock. Also running under OpenGL ad have tried moving all the sound settings. Noticed a red bar over the music toggle switch.

I have CL-Xfi that works well in other vista games and the latest NVIDIA drivers that work well in every game except JediOutcast that is also dark.

Thanks

Chris0382
12-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Well I installed 1946 on a seperate game partition under XP and have dual boot Vista that can access the game partition also.

Since I have a new sys CPU-5600+x2-2gb ram-8500gt, I thought Ide click on the IL2FB.EXE and see what happens in Vista.

Low and behold it runs quite smooth except there is no sound and the screen is darker that I like it to be.

Is there anyway around the 2 quirks? I didn't install under Vista so there may be a reg-key missing or somthing amock. Also running under OpenGL ad have tried moving all the sound settings. Noticed a red bar over the music toggle switch.

I have CL-Xfi that works well in other vista games and the latest NVIDIA drivers that work well in every game except JediOutcast that is also dark.

Thanks

jadger
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
works fine on Vista for me, sound and all.