PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay for subtitles and freeroam (ie. DLC)?

pillaysteven
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
^

blarson11
11-30-2007, 06:23 PM
i personally dont care about subtitles all that much, and even though a true free roam would be nice, im too cheap to pay for something that i kinda already have. ill just suffer through the dialogue.

Fastr77
11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Alot of companys are already abusing DL content.. games like Need for Speed, dl cars? why didn't the damn cars come in the game. Rock band comes with a
skimpy amount of songs but has plenty to dl on release day? BS....

but anyways.. if ubi (and I doubt they're even thinking about it) tried to charge for Subtitles or a true free roam without having to suffer thru minutes of dialog.. i'd be rip**** and never buy a game from them again.

(Btw, you can buy a game made from a company, but buy is used so the game store gets all the money and the company is SOL if you don't like them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

fulukai
11-30-2007, 09:02 PM
charge for subtitles and the ability to skip cut scenes?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif these are bugs that were overlooked and no company in their right mind should charge for fixing this..

having said that, I love this game, and having recently completed it, I wud love a patch that provides varying difficulty levels (by way of sliders or otherwise) and wouldnt mind paying for it, if that is what it takes!

ofcourse, what would be phenomenal in terms of DLC is extra missions, or multiplayer, though I seriously doubt any of that is going to happen (at least in the near future)..i wud be willing to pay a reasonable amount for that for sure..

cooldude6681
12-01-2007, 12:44 AM
No, I would not pay extra for subtitles and freeroam. They are things that should have been incorporated from the beginning.

stix489
12-01-2007, 12:57 AM
I approve so much of this post! There are people that cannot play the game because they are deaf, and paying extra for subtitles wouldn't be very fair at all, because they are pretty much forced to pay to be able to play!

In my opinion, if they do make these features, then they should be free, because as cooldude stated, they should have been incorporated from the beginning.

AirRon_2K7
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
charge for subtitles and the ability to skip cut scenes?? these are bugs that were overlooked and no company in their right mind should charge for fixing this..

They're not bugs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I probably would... since $5 is cheaper than any DL content I've seen before... even super rubba dub charges more.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't care about the subtitles, but i would like 2 skip cutscenes OR get free roam, Either one would make basically the same thing lol.. And not being able 2 skip cutscenes isn't a bug, It's the way they made it, It's probably because the way they did it, It's part of the game and not really a cutscene you know?

T_Spoon_UK
12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
No. thats stupid...

Id rather pay for a new city.

I wish companys would take on the Valve way with DLC.

" Once you have bought the game, you have bought everything else for it that is later released "

I'm pleased about that, seeing as im looking forward to Left 4 Dead alot.